James Collins

AngelGabriel

Collins had a shocker last night.!

He really didnt

At fault several times again.

Defended well the rest of the time, helping to keep a clean sheet against the side that scores the most from set pieces, who had 7 corners and nearly 40 throws. Dont really see what is to moan about anyones defending last night.

Whilst Collins is not a poor defender, I'd cash in on him as I still think we'd get our money back. I'm sure MON would snap him up for £5 million. That way we can keep Cuellar instead of giving him away for a million or less in January. If Chris Samba doesn't go to a top 6 club, I'd love us to bid for him, £8 million or so. A dominant defender, decent pushing forward and good in the opposition box at set pieces. QPR been linked with him for around that price tag. Please do this McLiesh.

as im not his biggest fan i thought he played solidly vs Stoke. was no artistic passes and won his headers

As I said on the other page, Stoke and games against the likes of Bolton and Blackburn are the ones I don't have a problem Collins playing in as their style of play suits his defending.

I just have a problem with him playing against most top half teams as his shortcomings get found out badly then.

Shame him and Dunney are best drinking buddies as Carlos complements Dunne's game much better I think.

I'm no fan of Collins but from my viewpoint at The Britannia he had a decent game so credit where credit's due.

I'm not so sure that him and Dunne are best buddies - when I've seen him out and about he's always with Matt Etherington.

Ideally Hutton will come in at right back

First and only time anyone has said/ever will say that

Did ok against Arsenal til the sending off, and either way we'll lose against Chelsea. Might as well play more attacking, and Hutton gives that compared with Cuellar at right back.

We wouldn't be able to afford Huth. Top player though, despite his thuggy nature.

Mentioned it in other football but I'd love to sell Collins and replace him with his international teammate Ashley Williams if affordable. He was born in Tamworth too, so might even be a fan. He's not exactly a big name, but I think he's settled to the Premier League standard perfectly and has a good all round game.

Gingers out!!

Sidwell gone. Only Collins and Eck to go!

Seriously, if MON or Pardew would give us £5m for him I would do the deal tomorrow. Dunney and Carlos as starting CB's with Clark and Baker as reserve CB's.

Put the £5m towards Shaqiri and Mulumbu!

Sadly Hutton will be back at RB and Carlos will be dropped like a sack of hot spuds only for Collins to continue at CB with Dunne. Cuellar is much better that Collins and should get a decent run in the side but alas he will either go in January or the summer. Even if the club wanted to offer him a new deal he would never sign it and you can't really blame him.

Cuellar is a better defender than Collins in my opinion and we are better defensively with him in the side!

Â