Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

Hughes, Moyes..Just not good enough!

Why do you say that?

Because none of them will take us forward.. What have they done at previous clubs? What legacy did they build? Wheres the up to date modern style of football taking the Premiership by storm from Everton? Moyes has had plenty of time to instill a winning formula..Yet its static..The same with Hughes, wheres his modern day football team which he created thats taking the league by storm?

They are BOTH managers that "just survive" they "just get by" in the Premiership.. Neither have layed down a furmula or method.

Your answer will now be MONEY...

Which is exactly the type of managers they are...They both need money to compete at the top..

Now look a Wenger, he aint great but you can see an idea of him building a style, an image of football in his mind and players are gelled into it.

A manager is not just about getting a few £££'s and building a team to play a season.. Its about building a style from the top to bottom to survive without the need of continuous investment(where we just cant compete)...

Ive mentioned on other threads;

"We need to adapt a Barca approach"

"Why are Porto,Lille etc growing"

Its not just money... We need a top coach with a modern vision..Deschamps is the man I suggest, as he seems to be the up and coming guy atm to transform a club into his image without mass funding..

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the people thinking that getting in Ancelotti or Deschamps....what makes you so sure that they will do well here????

Most people are advocating the board trying to go and get them and in Ancelotti's case, as he is a free agent, why not give it a go?

If you don't ask, you don't get and in this game you may as well aim high.

Have to agree. Before we go for Hughes or Moyes we should at least see if Ancelotti would be interested. If he says no then we move on. We should aim as high as possible. Ancelotti and Wilkins would be my number one choice! I think with those two we would be right back up there like we were before MON did a runner!

People have to stop seeing this appointment in such black and white terms. It's not simply a question of the board deciding 'let's go and appoint Ancelotti or Deschamps or Rijkaard' - those men have got to want to come here. As of right now, we can't offer Champions League football, we can't offer the immediate prospect of challenging for Champions League football, we can't offer them the chance to contest the domestic league title and we can't promise them an unlimited warchest

yup, what i was thinking re: ancelotti, but i've read over here that he's up for the QPR job, which does put a different light on it. plus ANYONE saying they want to work in the prem is not abotu to loand a job at united, citeh, arsenal, chelsea, liverpool or spurs. we are surely one of the best propositions outside of that lot?

They are BOTH managers that "just survive" they "just get by" in the Premiership.. Neither have layed down a furmula or method.

To be fair if either of them left their teams they would plummet down the League. Unfortunately to succeed in the Premier League you need money! Quoting teams from lesser leagues is an irrelevence!

To the people thinking that getting in Ancelotti or Deschamps....what makes you so sure that they will do well here????

In the case of Deschamps, the fact that he's been a success everywhere he's been so far, at times on a limited budget. At Marseille he's proven for me that he can take a club a step further than other managers. I'd move heaven and earth to get him if I were Randy.

Apparently Hughes has been offered a contract by Fulham but is delaying in signing it..

He's on a rolling 12month contract like MON was.

I think today is the day the next 12months have to be signed up.

Perhaps he will want to speak to us before he signs anything.

IF Ancelotti (and it is a huge IF) were to get the job, no way on this earth should he come without Wilkins. Splitting the two was the worst thing chelsea could possibly have done.

Looking more like Hughes though.

In the case of Deschamps, the fact that he's been a success everywhere he's been so far, at times on a limited budget. At Marseille he's proven for me that he can take a club a step further than other managers. I'd move heaven and earth to get him if I were Randy.

Well said...Glad im not the only one :)

Don't sign it Mark Hughes, i know people keep thinking we'll be mid-table obscurity, but he is actually a decent manager and he can spot decent players and we can not overhaul our current squad, we need to add to it. He will work with the likes of Dunne and Collins, but his teams also like to play football and when people say he's like MON, long ball, absolute rubbish. I'd like him to bring Samba though.

I don't Moyes has ruled himself out at all. I'd say he's firing a shot across the bow at Kenwright and the Everton board that they either give him some funds or he'll come to us.

DAVID MOYES has no plans to replace Gerard Houllier at Aston Villa, should the Villa manager’s departure be confirmed today.

The Birmingham Mail reported yesterday that Houllier will stand down by “mutual consent” because of concerns over his health after heart problems.

While other reports suggest a decision on the 63-year-old’s future will be announced today.

Moyes has already batted away speculation linking him with the Villa Park post – laughing off internet rumours and saying: “As far as I know I’m here and I’m the manager.

“I want to have a club, though, where I can give the supporters something, I really do.

“I want a good fresh challenge when we come back next summer and hopefully that will be the case.”

Read More http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/tm_headline=everton-fc-manager-david-moyes-not-interested-in-aston-villa-job&method=full&objectid=28798230&siteid=92534-name_page.html#ixzz1O1Ef7XLx

http://football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_6961739,00.html

deschamps talking to roma, the italian press seem to think luis enrique will land the roma job though.

Yeah from what I hear Deschamps would love to return to the Premiership..He wanted the Liverpool job but it came too early..He was also interested in the Newcastle job..

Randy will need to act fast and use whatever he can to get his man..Houllier and Duverne could well help with persuasion.. I think we are a catch for any top manager..The board have shown to be very good for managers to work for.

Im half expecting Ancelotti to enter the frame for the Roma job.

I can see Ancellotti and Wilkins delighting in showing Abramovich what he's tossed away...

However I think it may well be Hughes..... fits.......I'm hearing whispers we don't want to pay out out compensation to buy out someone's contract.

People have to stop seeing this appointment in such black and white terms. It's not simply a question of the board deciding 'let's go and appoint Ancelotti or Deschamps or Rijkaard' - those men have got to want to come here. As of right now, we can't offer Champions League football, we can't offer the immediate prospect of challenging for Champions League football, we can't offer them the chance to contest the domestic league title and we can't promise them an unlimited warchest

yup, what i was thinking re: ancelotti, but i've read over here that he's up for the QPR job, which does put a different light on it. plus ANYONE saying they want to work in the prem is not abotu to loand a job at united, citeh, arsenal, chelsea, liverpool or spurs. we are surely one of the best propositions outside of that lot?

I'm not convinced that Ancelotti is desperate to stay in the Premier League. I didn't buy that ridiculous story about West Ham and common sense would suggest that an innocuous comment was massively exaggerated by a London media always keen to inflate the stature of West Ham. I think some of his statements about considering staying here have more to do with him and his family liking life in London and the prospect of a move to the Midlands may not hold the same allure. I would be surprised but not shocked if there was any kernel of truth in the QPR rumour - I think they are primed to become the new circus act of the Premier League due to the fact they have an egomaniac in charge and a lot of cash to throw around. If Ancelotti does take another job in this country, it will likely be short-term before moving back to the continent - reason enough to give us pause - and he may see QPR as a convenient stopover with a big pay-out.