Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

couple of maybe interesting articles doing the rounds over here...

http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/milan/?action=read&idnet=bWlsYW5uZXdzLml0LTUzNjk4

this basically refutes the rumour in italy that ancelotti was on his way to arsenal, saying that QPR or us are the most likely destinations. going on to explain houllier's departure from villa.

http://www.itasportpress.it/?action=read&idnotizia=55793

this one doesn't mention us but says he has refused west ham, would like to stay in london with QPR a more probable destination than the hammers.

http://www.calciomercatoweb.it/ultime-calciomercato/2011/05/30/calciomercato-roma-ancelotti-rifiuta-il-west-ham/#utm_source=feed&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=feed

that one just says he has refused west ham, and prob won't go for the roma job (something he has said he would like to do in the future) as he wants to remain in the premier league.

surely we're more attractive a job than QPR??? come on randy....

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McClaren has proved he does well at midtable clubs.

If we get MacClaren we will improve from our current form (relegation candidates, forget that we finished 9th) but we will be admitting we are happy with mid-table obscurity. I'd like to think our ambitions are higher.

For once, I actually agree with Mantis.

I mean bloody hell, doesn't anyone think we could do better than Hughes? Have we really gone so low that fans would be happy with this appointment? Why would anyone pick him over Martin Jol who is equally obtainable?

He has a better record in this league and has proven he can do it in a variety of different circumstances at clubs of different sizes with varying resources.

I like Martin Jol but he's had precisely one good season in the Premier League. He could do a job for us but Mark Hughes would be preferred for me and would take us further and offer greater consistency.

It's interesting that no one at all seems to be talking about Jol but:

a) He is second in the poll (if you discount a continuation of Houllier) and

B) Last year everyone was raving about how he must be the next manager and bombarding The General telling him Jol was the only man for the job

i too would like jol if not ancolotti or moyes. the guy is a winner

talkSPORTDrive talkSPORTDrive

@talkSPORT understands #WestHam are set to name Sam Allardyce as their new manager this evening #whufc

Thank **** for that....(puts 2p in the swear jar)

Hey mods...Time for a new poll?

Anychance of naming a wider selection(maybe the selection the bookies offer) this time so we can get a better indication of who the fans favourite is? Also call it who we would "like" as manager...Rather than who we "think" is going to be the manager?

Im curious to who the fans favour..

Just put £5 on Deschamps for next manager..Managed to get 80/1

elvis turning up at VP with Lord Lucan in tow leading shergar to graze on the VP pitch has more chance of happening than Deschamps getting the job

So he has got a chance then.

Might have £5 myself.

elvis turning up at VP with Lord Lucan in tow leading shergar to graze on the VP pitch has more chance of happening than Deschamps getting the job

Its 70/1 with BetFred

Hey you never know :winkold:

Who guessed at Houllier when MON walked??

Premierleague experience is the party line isnt it? So id say you just wasted a fiver. With the shambles that has been the last two years i really dont see randy making any kind of brave appointment and id say thats fair enough. Hughes is out of contract and would certainly be the safe option. If i was abetting man id go with him but i bet the odds wouldnt even be worth it and for a good reason ;)