Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Martin Jol is really the only man I want to see in the job. I felt this way before Houllier was brought in and still feel the same now.

Grab him while he's still available.

Agreed. Wasn't he on "the list" but RL didn't pursue it because he was at Ajax and they wanted £8m in compo for him when Fulham were after him.

Get him in now.

Martin Jol is really the only man I want to see in the job. I felt this way before Houllier was brought in and still feel the same now.

still dont and never will get this Martin Jol hype.

Nor me.

My shout for O'Neill's replacement was McLeish, which wasn't too well received.

I still think that with the squad we have and the present state of the division he would have had us vying for the top 6.

He would have walked to Villa Park at the time as well.

If Jose wins the Champs again with Real I would approach him and say something like

"come on, your winning things like you've been cheating on CM, how about a real challenge?, you can have £50m to spend this summer and you can try and get us into top 4, how about it Jose?, you'll be like the Maradonna of Managers"

If Jose wins the Champs again with Real I would approach him and say something like

"come on, your winning things like you've been cheating on CM, how about a real challenge?, you can have £50m to spend this summer and you can try and get us into top 4, how about it Jose?, you'll be like the Maradonna of Managers"

We can only dream. :lol::lol:

That's a hell of an assumption to make.

indeed . a ridiculous one as well - proper tin foil hat stuff

It's much more likely to be lazy journos thinking

"Who would villa appoint to make the fans happy? an ex-player!"

"What ex-villa players are unemployed at the moment? Southgate, Staunton"

Print it, sell it.

But I guess that's an absurd suggestion.

The Villa board deliberately leaking fake information about them hiring poor managers to replace Houllier to make the fans think they are better off with Houllier whilst making sure they are ex-villa players so as to keep the stories much more believable so people won't figure them out is a much more logical suggestion.

He was doing a good job at Spurs before he hit the skids for a bit. I think he was unfairly fired from there considering the job he had done. I'm pretty sure there are some Spurs fans that would tell you the same.

Either way, it would be better than Houllier.

Sean O'Driscoll?

Gus Poyet?

Not another O please.

As someone pointed out to me yesterday our last three managers have been O's...

O'Leary

O'Neill

and

O'Shit

:winkold:

Sean O'driscoll would no doubt bring his sidekick Richard O'Kelly!!! Then wer really screwed!!

Nor me.

My shout for O'Neill's replacement was McLeish, which wasn't too well received.

I still think that with the squad we have and the present state of the division he would have had us vying for the top 6.

He would have walked to Villa Park at the time as well.

think at the time i actually agreed with you

Ethel the tea lady?

She'll do. Better than the useless waste of spaces we call our current managerial and coaching staff.

Not Martin Jol or Mark Hughes please. Please no. Just no.

I seriously don't care who's in charge any more as long as its not Houllier. Im bored of this situation. Its beyond stupid. The football club is love is being torn apart and there seems to be nothing that can / is being done to help salvage it.

See you all in the Championship (where I don't even think we'll come straight back up - no players with fight or passion in their hearts).

Can't believe people are suggesting the board are intentionally leaking rumours of Southgate and Staunton to make Houllier look better. What next, Randy and the General carried out 9/11?

I think I've missed this. Southgate and Staunton? :(

One of the biggest issues with GH is that useless **** McAllister who was his 5th choice to be Assistant Manager. Not only is he another one who lives of past glories but he is also cursed when participating in any form of manager. I'm sure if he tried to manage a sail on the mayonnaise sea his nob would fall off.

Nail. On. Head.

The same McCallister who has **** up as a manager and coach wherever he has gone.

One of the biggest issues with GH is that useless **** McAllister who was his 5th choice to be Assistant Manager. Not only is he another one who lives of past glories but he is also cursed when participating in any form of manager. I'm sure if he tried to manage a sail on the mayonnaise sea his nob would fall off.

Nail. On. Head.

The same McCallister who has **** up as a manager and coach wherever he has gone.

I'll 3rd this, GMAC is useless and has been in any managing or coaching job he has been in. compleat waste of space. we would be better served getting in Gregory and Little just to coach if Randy doesnt want rid of Foullier..