9.0 quake hits Japan

Cracker1234

I thought America detonating two atom bombs on Japan "got them back for Pearl Harbour"?

clearings in the woods. **** nationality for a minute, these are human beings. Fucknuts.

They did. They bombed the **** out of Tokyo with "conventional" bombs too, plus pretty much every major city in Japan.

The part of WW2 between the USA and Japan was an overwhelming, massive and comprehensive victory for the USA.

It's not about WW2 though, that happened so long ago that the hatchet has been well and truly buried, especially with the generation of people who are (say) younger than 40 years of age. It's not really about nationality either, it's more about Facebook. You can find 50 arseholes in a population of 310 million without even trying and Facebook just makes it easier.

I found the picture on another forum I post on. I dont know where they got it from though I would assume it came from Reddit or somewhere. I'm just quite pleased that the people who made the comments are being shamed.

I thought America detonating two atom bombs on Japan "got them back for Pearl Harbour"?

clearings in the woods. **** nationality for a minute, these are human beings. Fucknuts.

They did. They bombed the **** out of Tokyo with "conventional" bombs too, plus pretty much every major city in Japan.

The part of WW2 between the USA and Japan was an overwhelming, massive and comprehensive victory for the USA.

It's not about WW2 though, that happened so long ago that the hatchet has been well and truly buried, especially with the generation of people who are (say) younger than 40 years of age. It's not really about nationality either, it's more about Facebook. You can find 50 arseholes in a population of 310 million without even trying and Facebook just makes it easier.

I found the picture on another forum I post on. I dont know where they got it from though I would assume it came from Reddit or somewhere. I'm just quite pleased that the people who made the comments are being shamed.

Totally agree with all that and you are absolutely right. Especially the bit about the shaming.

Americanocentrism FTW.

You can find 50 arseholes in a population of 310 million without even trying

Yeah well there's waaaaay more than just 50 in that country.

There are waaaaay more than 50 in the Holte End every Saturday, so I don't really get what point you are trying to make.

Anyway, I just saw

which might put the raw power of the 'quake into perspective. It's a guy from the British Geological Survey talking about the differences between the earthquakes in Haiti in 2010, the one in New Zealand last month and the one in Japan yesterday.

The earthquake in Japan (8.9) was about eight thousand times more powerful than the one in New Zealand (6.3) which is something that I still cant really grasp. The Richter Scale is a logarithmic scale and the difference between each point on it is vast. An 8.9 (as was the quake) is almost half as powerful again as an 8.8 (the title of this thread) which is mind boggling to me.

Yes the footage of the town before and after is shocking and upsetting when you think of all the people who would have been caught up in all this.

Things like this put life into perspective really. Thousands of people have died and hundreds of thousands of lives devastated. I was moaning like mad about a couple of weeks bad weather before Christmas when in the grand scheme of things it was just a slight inconvenience.

Â