9.0 quake hits Japan

Cracker1234

dunno about the death toll, it wont hit as much, phillipines already reporting no damage / deaths you'd guess america / mexico / russia etc with the kind of warnings they've all had will be the same, it seems amazing how quick they had the warning out whereas the indonesia one seemed to have wiped everything out before you knew about it

watching the bbc footage seeing the cars trying to do u turns and get away from it before the inevitable is crazy, reporting that a petrol facility is in trouble too now

Very scary stuff. Was at work in western Tokyo and we all ran out into the car park. The noise of shaking buildings was pretty loud and parked cars were rolling back and forward.

Feel for the people of Miyagi though. That tsunami footage was some end-of-days type stuff.

Hope your family and friends are ok. :(

Wake up call for cities like San Francisco.

isnt there technology/methods of finding out when these are likely to occur so people can be evaulated?
Damn right. Get the valuable people out first! :lol:
:lol: Very good :clap:

Frightening stuff. I've been watching the coverage for the last couple of hours and it just seems that every time you think you've seen the worst of it there's a new piece of film more horrifying than the last.

It's strange but I guess if any culture is able to deal with this it's the Japanese. They get every kind of disaster and they just rebuild and go on - more so than any other nation on earth. There was some mention of Godzilla in the thread and it's no coincidence that Japanese culture is full of these apocalyptic monsters; when you live with volcanoes, earthquakes and tsunami on a regular basis I guess your cultural fears start to reflect that. They're always portrayed as stoic and inventive, they'll just pick it up and build something better. We'd just fall to pieces.

I'd say the chances are pretty high given that there's recent activity and a huge amount of aftershocks. Put it this way, you wouldn't get good odds on there NOT being one.

Â