Alan Hutton

Rich_D

What an absolute idiot.. should have been sent off, and that early in the game, absolute tool.

Then he goes on and tackles him poorly again, straight after the incident, of course he is getting a yellow card.

Intelligence level very, very low for this one.

What an absolute idiot.. should have been sent off, and that early in the game, absolute tool.

Then he goes on and tackles him poorly again, straight after the incident, of course he is getting a yellow card.

Intelligence level very, very low for this one.

Absolutely agree,for those blaming the ref yesterday for the loss should see Huttons tackle.Dowd messed up not sending off Hutton but he did make up for it by sending off Herd.Either way we should have been down to 10 men.

No way it was a sending off; he got the ball first. It was a yellow for the recklessness and danger of the tackle. Nothing more. That said, he looked woeful. He needs to work on his final ball as he usually gets into good positions bombing forward from the back.

The £4m wasted on Hutton would've been better spent on other areas of the team. He's no better than the right backs already at the club, I'd go as far as saying he's inferior to what we already have. He adds nothing.

Whilst Hutton hasnt been brilliant by any means, I find it odd and sad how the tackle he put in on Long is getting so much attention. The laws of the game have changed and some refs may have got a yellow out and some over the top refs may have got a red out. But my point is that I remember when the crowd used to love a player going in hard and committed like that. It was risky with the modern laws of the game but to me it was just a very good hard tackle and just because he isnt flavour of the month he is getting abuse for it. Its a shame the game doesnt have more players that will go in for a crunching tackle rather than be afraid they may mess their hair up.

big clubs like spurs don't get rid of quality players, unless their hand is forced i.e. a huge bid comes in, that's why they sold hutton, he is an average player at best

They paid £9m for him and sold him for less than £3m.

So what was 'huge'?

No way it was a sending off; he got the ball first. It was a yellow for the recklessness and danger of the tackle. Nothing more. That said, he looked woeful. He needs to work on his final ball as he usually gets into good positions bombing forward from the back.

Nobody has pointed to the poor call of Dowd when Long fouled Hutton moments before and got away with it. It doesn't excuse the over the top nature of Hutton's challenge, but if the game had been refereed properly the challenge wouldn't have occurred, Long would still be running around on two legs' and Hodgson's missus would have been saved a trip to the dry cleaners on Monday with Woy's spluttered upon jacket.

big clubs like spurs don't get rid of quality players, unless their hand is forced i.e. a huge bid comes in, that's why they sold hutton, he is an average player at best

So what was 'huge'?

he's not a quality player which is why they got rid of him at a vastly reduced price

So what was 'huge'?

he's not a quality player which is why they got rid of him at a vastly reduced price

I don't disagree, but you gave their reason for selling as a 'huge bid' which it clearly wasn't.

So what was 'huge'?

I don't disagree, but you gave their reason for selling as a 'huge bid' which it clearly wasn't.

He's saying that Spurs only sell quality players for huge bids.

The fact that Hutton wasn't sold for a huge bid shows (by SGC's logic) that he is not quality.

not good up to now, but I reserve judgement until he has a midfielder in front oh him that will actually track back.

All day yesterday he was two, and sometimes 3 on 1 whilst NZogbia just stood there watching.

In fact, appalling challenge as it was, and certainly warranted a red card, the only reason he made it was coz the ball was there, without moving, and no other Villa player bothered even attempting to get it - thus he had to charge and lunge.

As I said, tackle was awful, but it highlighted how much he was exposed on that side.

Whilst Hutton hasnt been brilliant by any means, I find it odd and sad how the tackle he put in on Long is getting so much attention. The laws of the game have changed and some refs may have got a yellow out and some over the top refs may have got a red out. But my point is that I remember when the crowd used to love a player going in hard and committed like that. It was risky with the modern laws of the game but to me it was just a very good hard tackle and just because he isnt flavour of the month he is getting abuse for it. Its a shame the game doesnt have more players that will go in for a crunching tackle rather than be afraid they may mess their hair up.

Just read this, and totally agree. If Martin Laursen had of done that we'd still be giving applause now for his commitment.

Â