Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

So Downing being a lazy **** basically

That and the fact that Downing is frightened of any physical contact with any other player, dont get me wrong i think he is a very good player, but he is the biggest wimp in our team by a country mile!

Warnock is the biggest wimp I've ever seen in a Villa shirt by a mile.

A total waste of time. A pathetic excuse for a man.

Now THAT would be a sight.

Still undecided whether Makoun was at fault for the goal or not, havent watched it back since. Although Sidwell was in a lot of space, they were playing 3 in the centre of the park, against our 2.

Big fan of Makoun, but as has been said, needs to play next to a destroyer. i.e. Reo Coker or Bradley.

Shillzz Makoun was not at fault for the goal. Petrov, Collins, Dunne, Friedel maybe but not Makoun.

Give him a bit of time, 10 games down the road not 2 1/2.

Agree he needs to be alongside an enforcer. Or for harder games get rid of the AMC and play a DM behind the Midfield 2. Bloody hope GH works wonders in the summer and gets us Moussa Sissoko.

Easier Games

-------Makoun---Sissoko

------------Bannan

Albrighton------------Young

--------------Bent

Harder Games

------------Sissoko

-------Makoun---Delph

Albrigton---------------Young

--------------Bent

Yes, Delph and Makoun are similar but I fully expect him to be Starting 11 next season and towards the end of this season. Makoun on the right and Delph on the Left (Right and Left footed respectively). Will be very effective passing the game forward and each of them can have the odd decent punt on goal. With an enforcer like Sissoko behind them it would be fantastic.

Still undecided whether Makoun was at fault for the goal or not, havent watched it back since. Although Sidwell was in a lot of space, they were playing 3 in the centre of the park, against our 2.

Big fan of Makoun, but as has been said, needs to play next to a destroyer. i.e. Reo Coker or Bradley.

Shillzz Makoun was not at fault for the goal. Petrov, Collins, Dunne, Friedel maybe but not Makoun.

I already love the fella, wasn't really criticising him personally, was just more concerned that the team were scapegoating him for Fulhum's goal, when it was more down to Friedel.

Really think he should start back alongside Reo Coker though, just to give him license to get forward more.

I already love the fella, wasn't really criticising him personally, was just more concerned that the team were scapegoating him for Fulhum's goal, when it was more down to Friedel.

Really think he should start back alongside Reo Coker though, just to give him license to get forward more.

If I was Houllier and I thought anything like that was oing on(scapegoating a new player) I'd make those **** train on their own for a month

No need for concern though as it was nothing.

I'd start a Bradley, Makoun and Petrov in the middle with Ash and Downing on either wing.

The main person the team could point the finger at for both goals is bloody Petrov .

For the first goal he had a choice of going inside where there were un marked team mates he could of passed the ball to , instead chose to pass the ball to a heavily marked Clarke where posession was lost and a goal followed and for the second goal the ball is played to him where he cant keep up with the pace of it and decides to do a stupid challenge on Sidwell resulting in a free kick where a corner followed .

Personally i thought Makoun was very impressive

I'd like to see him start alongside NRC now, although we're going to need a proper DCM next season. I'm not sure where Bradley will fit in, I'm hearing different things about him (can be box to box or DCM). I'm looking forward to seeing how it pans out.

Makoun was superb against Fulham.. barring 1 or 2 slight misunderstandings, which lets face it is unavoidable with any new signing coming in mid season, i thought he was a real breath of fresh air. His reading of the game was sharp & his distribution was classy.. i was sat right in line with his pass which set up the move which resulted in the 1st goal & it was sublime.

Looking forward to seeing Bradley now. Would be great to see him play against Blackpool & outplay Adam!

I love Makoun's passing ability, but he's made the grand total of about 4 tackles in three games. I've got high hopes therefore that he'll form a partnership with Bradley. They'll be like Petrov and NRC, only much, much better. Hopefully.

I love Makoun's passing ability, but he's made the grand total of about 4 tackles in three games. I've got high hopes therefore that he'll form a partnership with Bradley. They'll be like Petrov and NRC, only much, much better. Hopefully.

I'm sure I read something before he came here that said he's not so much about tackling but more about hassling players and intercepting passes.

If that's the case, as it seems from his appearances so far, then I agree with you that Bradley could be the perfect partner for him.

I've heard people say that Bradley's style of play is "angry". I like the idea of having a tough, athletic, man-mountain next to Makoun to wreak havoc.

Bradley and Makoun with a lower-quality "Fabregas" in from of them could be really effective.

Eventual CM:

Bradley - Makoun

------- Delph ------

?

So had the people that had said he was like NRC but better actually seen him play ???

I was expecting a completely different player and i have been pleasantly surprised and see him as our best midfielder now

I too am pleasantly suprised.

Though I think a lot of our comparisons/ guess-timations were quite close.

A lot of us said that he was like NRC but better at passing. His tackling probably isn't as good as Reo's but he does hassle players and bite at their heels just like NRC does.

Everyone who was claiming that Makoun is player like NRC were completely out of football knowledge. His strengths are not as required for playing DMC. His strengths were/are passing, creativity and vision. In France, his stamina was enough to be box-to-box there, but just not enough for PL yet. You will see that he will be our either best creative or box-to-box player (he needs to gain more fitness to accomodate PL). My prediction is the first option - he will be our best creative player in MC position.

Saturday i'd quite like to see Bradley alongside Petrov with Makoun playing in front of them in Ash's 'place'. Get Ash back on the left, Stew on the right and DB up top.

Just think Makoun playing further up the field with his vision, touch, awareness and passing could be pretty deadly behind Bent. Then it leaves Petrov and Bradley to break up the play in the middle and, more so with Bradley, get us moving up the field quicker.

Â