Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

^ To be fair he has to work on the defensive side to his game which has a lot to do with adapting to the pace of the game and may see a red card sooner or later. For now Petrov, has the role of covering the back four.

This didn't take nearly as much time.

I watched a replay of Aresenal Everton last night. Very fun match, very open, lot's of creativity. Arsenal seemed to flow well and Fabregas ran the show.

I know, every match and every opponent is different, but since playing them in the same side on the same day against the same opponent isn't possible, you have to sacrifice some accuracy. So i just picked the most recent match i had seen for each.

Fabregas vs. Everton.

60 passes

44 successful (41 from open play) 73.3%

16 unsuccessful 26.6%

Makoun vs. Fulham.

73 passes

61 successful 83.5%

12 unsuccessfull 16.4%

I really don't understand those that can't see he is class.

Makoun is better than Fabregas, we have proof. :hooray:

To be fair he has to work on the defensive side to his game which has a lot to do with adapting to the pace of the game and may see a red card sooner or later. For now Petrov, has the role of covering the back four

I dont think Makoun is the type to go flying into challenges, he seems like he likes to hustle players off the ball using what strength he has

J2M has clearly demonstrated over his first few games that he is a fine player when he has the ball, moves it quickly, simply and is always available for a return. However its when he hasn't got the ball that worries me. For all his fine attributes this is an area of his game that needs major improvement hence the bollockings he is receiving. He doesn't get close enough and allows players to run off him. Maybe this is just the pace of the game and it may take him time to adjust. Until then I can't get overly excited by him. However if he gets it right will will have a great player in the making

237 minutes on the pitch in a new league. 57 minutes on one of the worst pitches in top flight football.

199 passes attempted, 167 passes completed. That is insane. I'm not sure Sidwell touched the ball 167 times at Villa, that is staggering for the first three games in a new league. 84% success rate FYI. :shock:

J2M has clearly demonstrated over his first few games that he is a fine player when he has the ball, moves it quickly, simply and is always available for a return. However its when he hasn't got the ball that worries me. For all his fine attributes this is an area of his game that needs major improvement hence the bollockings he is receiving. He doesn't get close enough and allows players to run off him. Maybe this is just the pace of the game and it may take him time to adjust. Until then I can't get overly excited by him. However if he gets it right will will have a great player in the making

Agree, which is the reason why I'd start a Midfield 3 of Makoun alongside one from:

Petrov / Bradely / Reo Coker

and one from:

Delph / Downing / Bannan

Agree, which is the reason why I'd start a Midfield 3 of Makoun alongside one from:

Petrov / Bradely / Reo Coker

and one from:

Delph / Downing / Bannan

I second that line-up.

Not only is Makoun a supurb passer, his speed of though it fantastic. He tries to hit almost every pass first time, but once he hits the pass, watch him. He's on his toes and into space, which is a fantastic attribute for player of his nature.

I thought we were getting a kinda NRC/Petrov hybrid in Makoun, but he's much different. He's very much a ball player. If he can up his workrate and fitness, he'll be fantastic for us.

Young, Ireland, Bradley/Petrov, Makoun, Downing.

^ Would be a scary 5 man midfield IMO (although we all know Ireland is unlikely to remain a Villa player).

Makoun didnt get bollocked by anyone. Furthermore he shouldnt have been. (Fulham game)

Where do you sit to have heard this?

Makoun didnt get bollocked by anyone. Furthermore he shouldnt have been. (Fulham game)

You say it didn't happen and then ask him where he heard it from? illogical.

You say it didn't happen and then ask him where he heard it from? illogical.

I sit in M1. Sometimes you can catch the odd exchange on debates after we've conceded. You can tell alittle bit from body language gesticulating etc. Makoun did not get a bollocking against Fulham.

as ive said in this thread earlier he's gonna be the best midfield player weve had at the villa since sid cowans,he gets the ball and knows straight away where its gonna go then he's off finding a position to get it back,anyone got a song for him yet?

To be honest, a lot of people saying he needs to sort out his off the ball stuff when we haven't got the ball - if he did do that, which I hope he does, he could be world class. Obviously he is miles above most players in the league with regards to passing, so surely improving his harrying and tackling WOULD make him world class? I hope we hold onto to him for years to come, he could become a Villa favourite.

I don't mind that his defensive side isn't as good as we'd hoped. He's got enough about him to hassle defenders for the ball and he's so much better at passing than I thought he'd be, that I'd happily partner him with, or in front of, a defensive midfielder and let him roam around, spreading passes to create attacks.

If Bradley is a good defensive midfielder, Makoun and Delph/ Bannan/ Downing could sit infront of Bradley and create attacks for the wingers/attackers.

as ive said in this thread earlier he's gonna be the best midfield player weve had at the villa since sid cowans,he gets the ball and knows straight away where its gonna go then he's off finding a position to get it back,anyone got a song for him yet?

Makoun-koun-koun, let me hear you say way-oo, way-oooo!

(although it might be a bit risky...)

He needs a defensive monster beside him and this would make him our best creative player by far.

I am still claiming, he is not DMC, he is creative MC, very good creative MC (like Arteta or Modric). Someone like Viera or Makelele (in their younger ages) would be perfect combo with Makoun (in terms of chemistry).

I remain to be convinced by this player.

Great touch. Great passing and flicks and great control and decent vision.

very little work off the ball though, not that big physically, not great in the challenge and not yet box-to-box.

he doesn't yet dominate the midfield, or get stuck in. A bit of a luxury at the moment for me.

Could be superb though, given time.

Â