Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

I was told in the summer from someone that has worked closely with him for a few years (not an agent as he hasn't got on) that it was for pure footballing reasons that he was leaving.

The temptation of playing week in week out in a team full of big names and the potential to be competing for the league and playing CL football eventually was the major draw to him moving. Obviously, the money issue was going to help as well but he is one of the most honest footballers out there, a true professional and not one that would be swayed by finances alone.

That being said, the chances of Milner coming back in the summer are still slim but not impossible from his side I would say. I get the feeling though, that if he came back he would have to stay for a long long time to make it worth while (in terms of apology to the fans etc)

I'll probably get slated for saying the above because my name is not the usual name that post stuff that players have said, but it is true.

They'll finish top four easily, Tottenham will miss out due to their CL commitments.

This. Add injury worries to 'arrys list.

However, they have game changers in their team and a good performance in the CL may spur them on to play well in the PL. Very interesting race ahead

For me:

Man U

Arsenal

Chelsea

Man City/Tottenham.

Losing to us/ drawing to Blues is bad for Man City hopefully a spell of a bad form for them. I'd rather see Spurs in top 4 than City.

But anyway. This has nothing to do with Makoun. Back OT. He's a great signing, very excited to see who his 1st choice partner is next season. With NRC and Petrov on their way out or becoming Bit-Part Players it could lead to a very interesting Summer window.

Back to Makoun....

I was at Wigan and thought he did ok, far better than some but that's football. He was always looking for the ball; passing it easy as opposed to the 'hollywood' pass. He got caught out by the pace of the game.

Onto Tuesday and we got more of the same but with him having a greater awareness of both his teammates and the pace in England. Dovetailing with Stan I thought it worked well enough to be given another go as they worked as a pair, Stan did a lot of covering and worked very hard which helped Makoun look good.

Article on BMail saying Houllier challenges him to up the tempo, says he speaks limited english but the other players have welcomed him in well and pass him the ball etc..worth a read.

This isn't like you DVIN. Getting lazy these days?!!? :P

Here's the article in full:

EAN Makoun has been challenged to maintain his midfield master-class from midweek when he makes his Villa Park debut against Fulham tomorrow.

Makoun’s slick display in the middle of the park was among the positives Villa took from Tuesday’s 3-1 defeat at Manchester United.

The Cameroon international barely gave the ball away at Old Trafford and his pass selection and completion rate caught the eye.

In only his second appearance for Villa, Makoun looked comfortable in possession and knew when to play safe and when to probe forward.

Gerard Houllier was impressed with Makoun and admits the performance was the reason he paid Lyon £5 million-plus for the midfielder.

Makoun’s claret and blue debut at Wigan last week when he played through the pain barrier after sustaining a first-minute thigh injury.

“He brought some fluency in the game, the passing and the movement was good,” said Houllier.

“He always picks the right pass, often it is a forward pass. I think he played well.

“Don’t forget for Darren Bent it was his third game and for Jean it was practically his first game because he was injured against Wigan.

“Remember? In the first minute and he walked around more than anything else. I took him off because he couldn’t accelerate and up the pace.

“But his passing ability and his range of passing was still good even against Wigan. It was even better against Manchester United.”

Makoun speaks limited English and fluent French but is able to make himself understood and has quickly settled into the Villa dressing room.

Having given the travelling fans a glimpse of his qualities at Old Trafford, Houllier hopes the 27-year-old reproduces his best form at Villa Park.

But the Villa boss has warned that Makoun could experience a slight lull when the initial excitement of playing in the Premier League diminishes.

“He made an impact now he’s got to keep going with that and keep that momentum,” he added.

“When you first come you’ve got a bit of adrenaline with it being your first game, maybe it will drop and then come back.

“He speaks a bit of English so he has been taken in well by the other players and on the pitch they like to give him the ball.”

Link.

Article on BMail saying Houllier challenges him to up the tempo, says he speaks limited english but the other players have welcomed him in well and pass him the ball etc..worth a read.

I have said it before (I've seen him play many a time before he came here, and do not have FM) and will say it again...He is a class act.

He is the type of player that we have been crying out for since Houllier came here because he can actually pass the ball. He looks so so comfortable on the ball and it is a joy to watch.

It will be difficult for him being in a different country, only Houllier, Duverne (sp) and Pires around him that speaks the language (I suppose, Gabby is the only one that speaks his language so it is a similar situation), he hardly knows anyone etc. Once he finds his feet proper, he will be a breath of fresh air and so people why top, top clubs were after his signature a few years ago.

Onto Tuesday and we got more of the same but with him having a greater awareness of both his teammates and the pace in England. Dovetailing with Stan I thought it worked well enough to be given another go as they worked as a pair, Stan did a lot of covering and worked very hard which helped Makoun look good.

I also thought they did well on Tuesday. Given it was his first game alongside Stan they did well and it looked like it could develop in to a decent pairing. Stan is an intelligent player though and is an ideal partner for Makoun while he is adjusting to the English game.

Short to medium term it certainly looks the best pairing and given more game time they will obviously get a better understanding.

The friendly match on February 9 between Macedonia and Cameroon will be without the presence of two Indomitable Lions: Vincent striker Abubakar (Valenciennes) and the medium Rennes Georges Mandjeck. They both withdrew due to injury. The coaching staff has called the player at Aston Villa, Jean II Makoun, and Benjamin Moukandjo (AS Monaco) to replace them.

http://tinyurl.com/6b3urk7

Â