Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

I doubt he'll do anything with his chance.

He couldn't perform last Pre season and was given a chance against a lower league team and was awful.

I think the young kids will show lambert more and will keep makoun on the bench, then fans on here can blame every defeat on this.

No, you mean he had a poor game in one out of the many preseason outings. A game in which most of our players played badly I should add. He looked decent in Hong Kong as well. Even if you factor in the preseason games he played about 10 or so games under 3 different managers while still adjusting to the team. If Warnock and co are getting a chancr, then Makoun deserves one too.

I thought he looked excellent in pre season and i was really excited to see how he went this season.. yet somehow McfireCrotch didnt think he was good enough and brought in Jenas? It happened.. i repeat what happened.. and i still cant believe it.

I doubt he'll do anything with his chance.

He couldn't perform last Pre season and was given a chance against a lower league team and was awful.

I think the young kids will show lambert more and will keep makoun on the bench, then fans on here can blame every defeat on this.

Or we could all come round your house, listen to Smiths records and complain about how everything is "so unfair" and every Villa player is pants.

Come on! Try to find some positives out of this season and the actual players we have. You might be surprised at what happens. Worst case is, we shed some additional players in January and at the end of the year.

This is the PL project, have some patience and stop persecuting what we currently have.

I'm incredibly excited about villa for the first time since MON left. I happy to give PL plenty of time to build his squad and I'm excited to see who he brings in and what he gets out of some of our existing players.

There are just a few exceptions for me. I don't think albrighton will ever be good enough and I really don't want bent to rely on him and nzogbia for service out wide. From what I hear about Holman I'm not too excited but I guess we'll see what he can do and makoun is just someone I don't want to see. I've said before we have 3 or 4 other players who I would rather see PL develop with time on the pitch ahead of a 29 year old trying to adapt to the premier league.

I thought he looked excellent in pre season and i was really excited to see how he went this season.. yet somehow McfireCrotch didnt think he was good enough and brought in Jenas? It happened.. i repeat what happened.. and i still cant believe it.
Exactly this.

He only played once pre-season, against Hereford and was dire by all accounts (as was the rest of the team we put out). Which bit of that game excited you so much?

some info...

i've been asking loads of questions on twitter regards Makoun over and over and finaly had a response back from James Nursey...

"i am still in the same job but been busy with Golf, Cricket and then Wimbledon this week, last i heard Makoun WILL be given a chance by PL"

then next one...

"in fact it was PF who told me that Makoun has extended leave due to personal reasons but is due back a week later poss Thursday

hope this helps guys....Also Mat Kendrick has said he thinks he is due back this week

Hasn't he had to leave us for personal reasons before ?

Seems to have more baggage than ability. Pretty sure sure Lambo will be wise to this and not be relying on Makoun to:-

1.Be a presence in midfield

2.Turn up

3.Not get injured

It actually amazes me how rapidly this thread has grown without even so much as a mention of Makoun in the press / from the club.

Every time this thread is at the top of the forum list I think something has happened, but it's never the case.

It actually amazes me how rapidly this thread has grown without even so much as a mention of Makoun in the press / from the club.

Every time this thread is at the top of the forum list I think something has happened, but it's never the case.

Nope its the same Makoun is not good enough crap vs the Man Utd match argument on loop.

Before you make stupid comments like that Smetrov, the personal reasons before were well publicised. He returned to Cameroon due to his family being involved in a car crash.
So does anyone know what the personal reasons are this time?

Before you make stupid comments like that Smetrov, the personal reasons before were well publicised. He returned to Cameroon due to his family being involved in a car crash.
So does anyone know what the personal reasons are this time?

could be that the Greek league didn't finish until 1 weeks after our league or 2 weeks if in playoffs?

I really like Jean Deux and hope he takes his chance with both hands and proves all he can cut it at this level. Just seems to be one if those players who I'm willing to do well, the same with Delph and Ireland as I see something all of them that they could be a real asset to us.

For me I'm firmly on the fence, he didn't look awesome and he didn't look poor, he did look massively off the pace and it's only game time that's going to fix that.

I assume in he's in the group of players that if we got a decent offer for we'd sell and if he stays he'll get the chance to prove his worth. We can sit here and discuss his previous performances but there's only one man he needs to impress if he wants a game and he's going to have to knuckle down and work hard if that's what he wants, same as all of our central midfield players!

I really like Jean Deux and hope he takes his chance with both hands and proves all he can cut it at this level. Just seems to be one if those players who I'm willing to do well, the same with Delph and Ireland as I see something all of them that they could be a real asset to us.

Mmmmm!!! I disagree Jean Deux, Stephen Ireland and Fabian Delph have all shown some short flashes of quality in their times with us but IMO none have the heart or desire to produce that quality consistantly. I would sell all 3 and replace them with more hungry players. We have no room for sentiment or any more patience in hoping that they will some time come good. As it hasn't happened by now let's cash in!

Not sure if this is a new article or not.

Aston Villa has decided to give another chance to Jean Makoun when he returns from loan. Makoun has evolved over a year with the Greek club Olympiakos and won the Greek league. It was established as an essential part of the team.

With Birmingham Post

July 11, 2012

Augmenter police | Diminuer police |

The new club manager, Paul Lambert wants to integrate its workforce Makoun has and is willing to do everything in its power to make the most of Cameroonians.

Makoun gave an overview of his talent under the management of Gerard Houllier. But the departure of French coach seemed to destabilize the since he had not yet made its mark in the locker room.

JPEG - 61.3 kb

Paul Lambert, manager of Aston Villa

Done without Houllier, the physical trainer Robert Duverne and teammate Robert Pires, the unilinguiste Makouna struggled to fit in, despite the fact he was taking English classes.

Its encouraging start has been hampered by the red card he took against Blackpool in 2011-12. Last year, his only contribution was her performance below the average in the Carling Cup against Hereford.

However, he has two more years on his contract and Aston Villa want to find a way to make it an essential part of the device under the direction of Lambert.

JPEG - 77.2 kb

Jean Makoun of Olympiacos is fighting for possession of the ball against Bebras Natcho Rubin in the Europa League in Moscow, Russia

The former midfielder Ian Taylor sees only good in eight matches with Villa Makoun and welcomes the decision to give him another chance:

"It is sometimes difficult and it may take some time for a player to fit in and settle and this is clearly the case of Makoun," said Taylor.

"Villa must ensure that he is happy to be on and off the field if we want to give a chance to express its potential.

"I watched some of his games with Villa and you could see the immensity of his talent, his calmness radiating, the quality of his passes and I think it can be effective lorsqu'associé a dominant midfield.

"He played Champions League matches and I can not believe he's suddenly become bad overnight.

"It will be interesting to see how Paul Lambert will use it and if we can refine a system that will make the best of him."

Â