Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

You've got me now because I can't find it to link it to you, but I saw an interview where Makoun spoke about his respect and how he always wanted to work with Houllier. By saying he liked him personally I didn't mean they were friends just that Makoun spoke about his great admiration for Houllier before he signed for Villa

Does he even speak English yet?

If he doesn't then its a bit of a joke. Before being loaned out he was with us for the best part of 8 months and his loan ended a couple of months ago. Given the amount of downtime players have he should have at least got a decent grasp of it. It would also indicate his eagerness to knuckle down and do all he can to be a success with us.

If reports are to be believed and we are looking to off load him then I hope we can get a couple of mill back of the 6 mill we paid for him.

Jean II Makoun has became a victim of an incomplete squad. Houllier came in with an idea but wasn't able to complete his vision and then Mcleish, a person with the opposite footballing philosophy (Regardless of what you or I think of his ability to execute it) to Houllier was brought in, leavng Makoun understandably unsure of his future.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is I don't think we've seen enough of Makoun to make a rounded judgement of him. We only saw a player trying to settle in to a team in turmoil and then shipped out by the next manager.

He did impress me in a lot of respects though, from what I saw, he seemed an intelligent 'pass-and-move' type player, with a great touch in a team where no one apart from Petrov, was on the same wave length as him.

We don't know if Makoun was a stop-gap for Houllier or a piece of a new look Villa side because we never got the chance to really see what Houllier had in mind.

I suppose the question in this pre-season will be is Karim El Ahmadi a partner or replacement to Makoun? The fact El Ahmadi has been brought, to me, shows Lambert has the kind of midfield in mind that Makoun would fit in to.

Also, will Makoun even want to play for us? I agree with what a few people have said in that Makouns' decision to join us was heavily based on the chance to work with Houllier. I don't mean in the sense that Houllier was the manager who brought him, obviously that was the case :) but that Houllier was someone Makoun liked personally.

I'd like to see Makoun in the Villa squad next season because he seems like an intelligent footballer that can add to a team but if he does leave I get the feeling we will never quite know what we are missing and hopefully won't care and will be focusing on how well El Ahmadi, Gardner, Herd, Daniel Johnson, Bannan, Grealish or another Midfield Dynamo (Insert name of new midfielder we haven't bought yet here) are playing.

Nice post..

If he doesn't then its a bit of a joke. Before being loaned out he was with us for the best part of 8 months and his loan ended a couple of months ago. Given the amount of downtime players have he should have at least got a decent grasp of it. It would also indicate his eagerness to knuckle down and do all he can to be a success with us.

If reports are to be believed and we are looking to off load him then I hope we can get a couple of mill back of the 6 mill we paid for him.

Mark I know you don't like the player but don't use MON type figures, it was actually 5Million Euros.

J2M is very much like flogging a dead horse

His performance at Blackpool will go down as one of the worst I've seen from a villa midfielder and I've seen the likes of Sasa Curcic and David Hunt in action.

His performance at Blackpool will go down as one of the worst I've seen from a villa midfielder and I've seen the likes of Sasa Curcic and David Hunt in action.

Trolololol

the press talking about Makoun leaving are just presuming due to the arrival of El Ahmadi....James Nursey said after he spoke to lambert that he is very much in his thoughts and wants to give him a chance this season!

Trolololol

:nod: :nod: :nod:

Makoun seems to have contracted the Reo-Coker syndrome.

The less he plays for Villa the better he becomes on Villatalk

NRC was one of our best players when played in the correct position in Houllier's team.

Really?

I won't argue because I can't categorically recall individual performances in what was a shit season.

So far as I'm concerned it's all about the here and now - where is NRC at the moment?

Do you honestly believe it's a joke if he hasn't learned English in 8 months?

If you mean speaking English by knowing some basics then I agree with you.

If you believe he should be at the same level as say Weimann after 8 months of learning a completely new language , then I would dare say that your expectations are ridiculous. Besides that :thumb:

Do you honestly believe it's a joke if he hasn't learned English in 8 months?

If you mean speaking English by knowing some basics then I agree with you.

If you believe he should be at the same level as say Weimann after 8 months of learning a completely new language , then I would dare say that your expectations are ridiculous. Besides that :thumb:

I said he should have a decent grasp. I don't expect him to be fluent. He has had longer than 8 months though. He joined us 19 months ago. He was with us 8 months before being loaned out and his loan ended a couple of months ago.

It would be a sign of him wanting to succeed here if he has at least made a real effort to learn the language. Its the least you'd expect from any player in all fairness.

Didn't Hogg play well v ManUre aswell though (albeit a different game)
You asked where, when, which planet. I think I answered all 3. You're trying to deny everything positive. The reality is somewhere in the middle of the 2.

Didn't Hogg play well v ManUre aswell though (albeit a different game)
You asked where, when, which planet. I think I answered all 3. You're trying to deny everything positive. The reality is somewhere in the middle of the 2.

I'm a fan of Makoun, but to be fair to CI, he's right. Hogg did have a good game against Man Utd when Houllier was in charge.

Â