Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

Players that come straight from abroad need time to settle in. Makoun never got that. Such a shame really that he wasn't around last season because we'd at least have seen more of him and been able to get a better idea of how good he is.
Dunno, I imagine he is rather glad he wasn't around last season to take part in that shite. :winkold:

Wiki says he only made 12 appearances for Olympiakos
To be fair to him, I think that's only league appearances. When you add in domestic cup, CL and Europa Leagus games, I think his his total stats are: 17 starts (subbed off 10 times); brought on as sub 12 times; in squad, stayed on bench 18 times. He scored 2 goals in teh league and got 0 yellow or red cards.

I took it from the table of stats halfway down his wiki page. It included cup and European appearances.

Not saying it's right, it's Wiki after all.

I remember the Carling cup game last season he played in, Hereford I think it was, Makoun and Ireland were untouchable in the middle of the park. But yea I know it was only Hereford but he is a decent player, hope he does get a chance this season. Prove the doubters wrong :)

From the french meaning:

Mak = Over

Oun = Rated

:lol:

He never really looked good enough.

At 29 if we got half our money back I’d take it.

If not then PL will give him a chance and given what he’s done with players at Norwich he could prove a decent premier league player.

30 appearances I make it, broken down thus:

•19 in the Super League (7 on as a sub and 6 in which he was subbed off) with 2 goals and 2 assists.

•4 in the Greek Cup (2 on as a sub, 1 subbed off).

•3 in the Champion's League (2 on as sub, 1 subbed off).

•4 in the Europa League (2 on as a sub, 1 subbed off).

1725 minutes all told for Olympiacos.

We might get a bit of money back but I'd prefer he was given a chance in pre-season to see if he cuts the mustard... If he doesn't then get rid at the end of the transfer window on loan or on the cheap, or get rid in the January transfer window...

I don't think we've got the squad depth to be getting rid of everyone who isn't top-class... We'd only have about 6 players!!!

To be fair, quite a few of our players may look better or get a new lease of life under PL.

I know for a fact that AM instructions to one of our younger players coming on was to defend. This player can in no way be described as 'defensive minded'. Although he tried his hardest to follow his managers instructions it was against every fibre of his being and his game suffered and was then greeted with posts on here and elsewhere about how rubbish he was and a one season wonder.

So yeah, every player should be given a chance to shine under the new manager, see what he can make of what we have and then fill in the gaps.

Different strokes innit..

30 appearances I make it, broken down thus:

•19 in the Super League (7 on as a sub and 6 in which he was subbed off) with 2 goals and 2 assists.

•4 in the Greek Cup (2 on as a sub, 1 subbed off).

•3 in the Champion's League (2 on as sub, 1 subbed off).

•4 in the Europa League (2 on as a sub, 1 subbed off).

1725 minutes all told for Olympiacos.

He didn't manage to nail down a starting spot in Greece so?

He was out injured from mid-November through to January as well. He might not have "nailed down a starting spot" so to speak, but 1725 minutes is a sizeable contribution to a campaign, no matter how you slice it. Comparable to the amount of game time Chris Herd had last season, for example.

Â