Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

looks a very poor player imo - some of those tackles are so mis timed - its embarassing. If this is the calibre of the player GH thinks can transform the club - heaven help us.

I feel any new manager will ship him out pronto ....providing anyone wants him that is

Wow, talk about giving people a chance...

I wouldn't worry about him getting his chance. I would worry about the inept dross he serves up when he gets his chance.

He could suddenly find his form and be a world beater - but in the mean time Petrov, Delph, should be considered ahead of him

inept dross? He's put in some good performances and then some where he's gone missing, seems to struggle with full game and pace of it but considering he's played about 6 games in the new league, that's going to happen. Man City fans were writing likes of Silva off at start of season and now he's one of their best players, sometimes, it takes time.

As for inept dross, you then say Petrov ahead of him, a player who has when given the chance this season, mainly put in that exact description.

Comment deleted, stop presuming what other people are thinking

looks a very poor player imo - some of those tackles are so mis timed - its embarassing. If this is the calibre of the player GH thinks can transform the club - heaven help us.

I feel any new manager will ship him out pronto ....providing anyone wants him that is

What utter nonsense. Mind you, not suprising given it came from somebody with a clear agenda against Houllier or anything associated with him i.e his signings.

Petrov. Why oh why do people think this man has still got it. Unfortunately (in my opinion) we are becoming a very pacey team now and Petrov dont cut it in this team anymore. Makoun needs time yeah, he is young and will soon get up to fitness, this is what we need in this team at the moment, fitness The pace is showing the lesser players up, i.e Dunn too!

First there were at least five others on the pitch a lot worse than Jean ll Makoun yesterday

Sorry but I made than 9 players in C&B better than Makoun, ten if you include Heskey who at least won a foul in his 25 seconds on the pitch. Only player worse than Makoun yesterday was Walker.

You dont like Makoun. I know that.

You'd be making that up in your head then. At no point have I ever said that, what I haven't done is call him superb, or any of those other superlatives that really don't apply most of the time when he has played, so far he's had one great game (Man Utd), one above average game game (Fulham) and the rest of the time, he has looked like he needs time to adjust to the PL. It's no coincidence that his better games have come against two of the less physical sides in the league. In fact I think I said he'd play much better against United before the game, which he did, I've also said we won't see the best of him this season and I really don't think we will but I've never said I don't like him, I just don't guild the lilly when it comes to assessing a players performance. Yesterday only Walker was worse for us. He was actually lucky to be on the pitch, I think even he thought he was going to be sent off for the foul for which he was booked, then he gave away a pen (albeit very dubious, but he was naive to stick his foot in where and when he did) and some of his passing was definitely not that good. His heading ability also seems, well, non existent when his feet are off the ground. He's used to much more time on the ball and it will take time, he could do with being dropped and Petrov coming back in to the team for a while, then he can come on fresh when Petrov tires, he will then get up to speed in a more gradual way and still get decent game time.

But no, I've never said I don't like him.

I didnt say you had admitted to not liking him, I was working on the evidence given before and after he (Makoun) arrived. Did you ever accept that he got injured early on against wigan? I believe the 'superlatives' are being dreamt up by you. What do think you can get £4m? ..Kaka?

You pinned your colours to the Petrov mast and while the Bulgarian can frustrate me, I was never one to prolong the castigation. Petrov was given some considerable time and I hope Makoun can afford half as much grace.

Petrov. Why oh why do people think this man has still got it. Unfortunately (in my opinion) we are becoming a very pacey team now and Petrov dont cut it in this team anymore. Makoun needs time yeah, he is young and will soon get up to fitness, this is what we need in this team at the moment, fitness The pace is showing the lesser players up, i.e Dunn too!

Put the Petrov point to one side for a moment. - But do honestly think we are becoming a pacey team ? - I think the problem is we have slowed down from the pace of the previous seasons -these means the pace of Young and Gabby has not been utilized as much.

Whether is for better or worse time will tell - But I don't honestly see where you get 'Pacey' from - the lack of it - has IMO been our downfall this season.

But do honestly think we are becoming a pacey team ? - I think the problem is we have slowed down from the pace of the previous seasons -these means the pace of Young and Gabby has not been utilized as much.

Whether is for better or worse time will tell - But I don't honestly see where you get 'Pacey' from - the lack of it - has IMO been our downfall this season.

We are not a pacey team when we hold the ball and do nowt. We tend to pacey when we actually score goals, by reverting to the old hated counter attacking footie.

I would say we are a pacey team. Downing and Young can break like lightning. Gabby speaks for himself. Bent isn't slow. Walker is really **** fast when he breaks. I think Makoun's style can only help this but slotting through-balls into paths of running players, as demonstrated when he played in Young against Wolves (who went on to hit the bar).

think makoun is much more suited to play in a 3 man midfield. seems to me that his main strength is the ability to know where he is going to pass the ball before it arrives, therefore often only needing one touch. any fan who was at old trafford at the start of february will know that he never once looked it danger of getting closed down or, indeed, giving the ball away cheaply at all during the whole match. one of the best individual displays i've seen all season.

with him and reo-coker we have an intelligent ball player and an enforcer who likes a tackle but lack a player who can get into dangerous positions to score a few goals or play a killer ball.

I'll take time for him. At this current point though I'd be playing Petrov, Reo-Coker and one out of him and delph if we were to be playing three in midfield.

Yeh at this moment in time think Petrov's experience would be helpful.

Central midfield 3 - Makoun , Reo Coker and Petrov imo. With Ash and Downing supporting Bent.

Yeh at this moment in time think Petrov's experience would be helpful.

Central midfield 3 - Makoun , Reo Coker and Petrov imo. With Ash and Downing supporting Bent.

Unfortunately, this may not be an option...

Just saw this-

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/football-hotline/2011/04/03/aston-villa-willing-to-sell-ashley-young-102039-23034142/

and this-

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-News-Aston-Villa-s-Nigel-Reo-Coker-will-be-able-to-leave-on-free-in-summer-with-Valencia-Seville-Roma-Juventus-and-Napoli-article719929.html

Not sure how reliable these sources are though...

Give the lad a chance, he will be fine next season Im sure

This.

Makoun will be fine. It would be hard for any player to come into a club and flourish that appears to have several in house issues and that is fighting relegation. We can see that the guy has some great potential which Im sure will be proved more so next season. How long did it take for JPA to come good?!?! Now the guys a villa legend.

Â