The 2011 new music thread

sellyoakvilla

London's do-able, just whatever you do avoid Silver Rocket Club; you'll wind up playing at 2am after 5 hours of delays with everyone already **** off home. Couldn't arrange a gang-bang in a brothel.

Had a couple listens now, really liking that Party Of Helicopters-esque vibe that book-ends the album. Brain-Pan, Tesco, F*** Numerals and Harmison Agonistes = :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

London's do-able, just whatever you do avoid Silver Rocket Club; you'll wind up playing at 2am after 5 hours of delays with everyone already **** off home. Couldn't arrange a gang-bang in a brothel.

Had a couple listens now, really liking that Party Of Helicopters-esque vibe that book-ends the album. Brain-Pan, Tesco, F*** Numerals and Harmison Agonistes = :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

I'm gonna confess my ignorance re Party of Helicopters, but I shall check them out immediately. Thanks for buying it man, and I'll avoid the SRC like the plague.

• 3 weeks later...

Some stuff...

STALKING HORSE

1040896978-1.jpg

Solo project of former This Et Al frontman Neil Widdop, album potentially out later this year but in the meantime you can grab two fantastic tunes gratis from the above link. Eerie piano-led stuff, I've had

on repeat for the last week.

KONTAKTE

4153263795-1.jpg

London based post-rockers Kontake release their second album We Move Through Negative Spaces this week; as a bonus you can grab a free download package of album track

that also contains a tasty assortment of remixes from here. Isn't that neat?

THREE TRAPPED TIGERS

ttt_idea_1.jpg

Debut album (heck, just album) of the year already. I bloody love this lot. You owe it to your ears to have a listen, and to that end you can acquire album opener Cramm for the measly sum of an email address, supplied here. Stop reading and do it now. I can wait.

Superb, non?

The album is called Route One Or Die and as yet, there exists no superlative in modern language adequate enough to describe the megahugemoneyshotcannonblastlaserrayawesomeness of it.

No official date yet - but Capitol Records have got the OK from Brian Wilson to release the original "SMILE" sessions from 66/67 in various formats later this year.

Fantastic news! Almost as fantastic as the comment by Mike Love in this press release

Anyone who knows Beach Boys history will tell you Mike Love was SO anti-Pet Sounds and Smile, hating Van Dyke Parks' lyrical input and demanding Brian "don't **** with the formula"!!!

Some stuff...

THREE TRAPPED TIGERS

ttt_idea_1.jpg

Debut album (heck, just album) of the year already. I bloody love this lot. You owe it to your ears to have a listen, and to that end you can acquire album opener Cramm for the measly sum of an email address, supplied here. Stop reading and do it now. I can wait.

Superb, non?

The album is called Route One Or Die and as yet, there exists no superlative in modern language adequate enough to describe the megahugemoneyshotcannonblastlaserrayawesomeness of it.

Not on i tunes as yet by the looks of it.

...but the intention was there to have a good listen.

Anyone got any thoughts on the new Elbow or Lykke Li? Haven't had a chance to listen yet.

I have the new Lykke Li album. It's got a few great tarcks on it. Just like her first album. A bit more grown up than her first album. Less poppier.

I'm going to see her live in Manchester in a couple of weeks :cheers::mrgreen:

Anyone got any thoughts on the new Elbow or Lykke Li? Haven't had a chance to listen yet.

I have the new Lykke Li album. It's got a few great tarcks on it. Just like her first album. A bit more grown up than her first album. Less poppier.

I'm going to see her live in Manchester in a couple of weeks :cheers::mrgreen:

tbh I'm still not convinced, must have played it seven or eight times now and when some lady in her sixties in my car described it as like the Secret Sisters and she recommended I'd enjoy them it kinda tipped me over the edge a little. (its not like the Secret Sisters btw).

EDIT: on the Elbow point I think its not as instant as the seldom seen kid, its also not as "anthemic" and as a result I prefer it. Its like the SSK's introverted cousin if you like.

Some stuff...

THREE TRAPPED TIGERS

ttt_idea_1.jpg

Superb, non?

Not on i tunes as yet by the looks of it.

...but the intention was there to have a good listen.

Loved ep, ep2 and ep3 going to try and get this today

Arctic Monkeys new album out June. Completely different sound before it gets knocked btw. :thumb:

Cant wait for that one... Suck it and see... love the title!

Love the new "Brick by Brick" track too... gunna be such a great summer album, really excited about it.

Arctic Monkeys new album out June. Completely different sound before it gets knocked btw. :thumb:

Love the new "Brick by Brick" track too... gunna be such a great summer album, really excited about it.

Brick by Brick is quality.

Not sure if you know but is the drummer (who I'm led to believe sang Brick by Brick - forgot his name) lead vocalist for most of the album? No disrespect to the other vocalist but this guy has a much better voice IMO.

Brick by Brick is quality.

Not sure if you know but is the drummer (who I'm led to believe sang Brick by Brick - forgot his name) lead vocalist for most of the album? No disrespect to the other vocalist but this guy has a much better voice IMO.

I very much doubt it. Arctic Monkeys have very much been based around Alex Turner, i can't see them changing the dynamic of the band while he's still there. It wouldn't surprise me if they focused multiple vocals more on this album than any other, but i very much think AT will be at front of it all.

Though, i am just guessing.

Alex Turner does the chorus on Brick By Brick... not sure about the other bits tho, will listen out for it :)

Personally, I love their first album. Much like Definitely Maybe it's full of noise and doesnt have a bad song on it. But again, much like Definitely maybe, the subsequent albums were pap as the respective bands tried to evolve into something that would perhaps be considered more artistic?

Personally, I love their first album. Much like Definitely Maybe it's full of noise and doesnt have a bad song on it. But again, much like Definitely maybe, the subsequent albums were pap as the respective bands tried to evolve into something that would perhaps be considered more artistic?

I found this with the Editors who i love, their first 2 albums, The Back Room and An End Has A Start were amazing. Then Tom Smith decides he wants to go all synthesizers, keyboards and computers in In This Light and on This Evening and the album they produces is gash!

Off to the "things that piss me off..." thread. :x

Â