Break Ups ( need to vent! )

Rodders

mjmooney agreed with me.

And according to you, the women do have to come to you. So they probably do feel the same.

In a roundabout way, yes he did.

Touché, but it's not like it happens all the time however.

Two ladies on the last two nights out, your odds are looking up.

But I do get it. What is easy for some isn't for others. What one person is willing to do to get what they want another would never do out of principal.

I was just saying that with most of you being funny and quick witted, the only thing really standing in your way is what you convince yourself of before even trying.

I don't think I'll ever pull in a club/bar, just not that sort of person, hopefully going to Uni though, good way of meeting new people.

as long as a girl has a personality, I can talk to them and get on with them. Need a girl who can have banter with you or I'd just be stuck in terms of talking about anything!

Right, my story is at the start of the topic so i aint gonna re-post it in detail again.

However, after breaking up with the ex after 4 years last august ive been single since, had a girl who messed me around a bit after leading me on and then friendzoning me when i go for it and one who only seems to like me if im sniffing around someone else.

Lately though ive been speaking to this girl at work but my dilemma is that i perceive her to be well out of my league, i aint uggers by any means but im not great looking either but she is absolutely stunning, shes asked me out for drinks a few times and has been dropping hints and colleagues have said she likes me but i cant get past the whole shes much better looking than i am.

Plus shes on a decent wage as she is an occupational therapist and im a health care assistant so theres a bit of a gap there, which doesnt really bother me but its in my mind.

My question is: has anyone else ever gone out with a girl who is blatantly miles ahead in the looks department? How did it go? Im gonna go for it but am just a bit hesitant.

^^^^ Thats actually a really awesome quality. I'm sure you'll meet plenty of ladies at Uni.

I think any girl you have to really start of thinking up questions to ask really isn't the right one because it just makes you feel uncomfortable.

Someone who talks a lot is good as well, (in a bubbly way, not a really dull 'it's all about me' way)...so I can just sit back, listen and make fun, also means don't have to talk about my boring life!

Right, my story is at the start of the topic so i aint gonna re-post it in detail again.

However, after breaking up with the ex after 4 years last august ive been single since, had a girl who messed me around a bit after leading me on and then friendzoning me when i go for it and one who only seems to like me if im sniffing around someone else.

Lately though ive been speaking to this girl at work but my dilemma is that i perceive her to be well out of my league, i aint uggers by any means but im not great looking either but she is absolutely stunning, shes asked me out for drinks a few times and has been dropping hints and colleagues have said she likes me but i cant get past the whole shes much better looking than i am.

Plus shes on a decent wage as she is an occupational therapist and im a health care assistant so theres a bit of a gap there, which doesnt really bother me but its in my mind.

My question is: has anyone else ever gone out with a girl who is blatantly miles ahead in the looks department? How did it go? Im gonna go for it but am just a bit hesitant.

GO FOR IT!

Seriously, what do you have to lose? She realises after a while that she's better looking and can get someone else? maybe, but that's worst case. And even if that happened, at least you'd have given it a go. If you don't go for it, you'll regret it forever!

I'm shit at talking to people face to face, unless I've known them a while.

Confidence is a big big problem of mine. It holds me back a lot.

I used to be the same mate. Still am to a certain extent. I had a gf throughout 6th form, where the "pulling skills" are honed, so missed out on that. WHen I got to uni I couldn't really do the pulling thing.

But someone told me that if you aren't getting girls doing what you're doing now (which at that point was standing in a bar/club waiting for girls to come to me, which wasn't that often), it's not going to change. To get girls you have to change.

So I did. I sucked it up and just started talking to girls about nothing. Just make something up.

"Oh hi, do you think this drink smells funny?"

All you need is an ice breaker. Keep some random stories in your back pocket to fill any gaps.

"Did you see those 2 girls fighting outside earlier?"

and you're golden! I do ok these days :)

Meanwhile, I suppose this is the other side of the break up coin

Plain and simple....I started these auctions to piss off my EX! He now knows about it and is not only mad that I'm selling his awesome wardrobe (that I bought him) but he hated me to dress sexy or revealing when we were dating! Well guess what?! These pictures are killing him! My goal is to SELL EVERYTHING! So PLEASE bid and help me piss him off!!! The more I sell, the more creative I'll get with my pics! I bought all of these shirts, etc for my ex-boyfriend and he didn't even wear most of them so basically they're like new! Well, I may have slept in a couple of them....they're so comfy! (I love sleeping in only a mens shirt) Anyway, here is a great chance to get a very stylish closet for literally pennies on the dollar! I am starting most auctions at $0.99 cents! Since all of my auctions are NO RESERVE you are sure to get awesome deals! I bought all of these shirts for my ungrateful cheating ex and now I need a new guy....to wear them! I figured I would try most of the shirts on and had my friend take pics for me to post on eBay. Hope you enjoy! Please help me make my ex mad! I don't want these in my closet any longer and will be VERY happy to mail them to the lucky guy who gets to wear them! Obviously I'm not doing this to make money. I paid a lot for this wardrobe and am selling everything at NO RESERVE! So what are you waiting for??? Help me piss off my EX!

GO FOR IT!

Seriously, what do you have to lose? She realises after a while that she's better looking and can get someone else? maybe, but that's worst case. And even if that happened, at least you'd have given it a go. If you don't go for it, you'll regret it forever!

Im deffo gonna go for it as i know she likes me, was just trying to get an idea of others experience from being in a similar situation.

I think im worrying too much about what happened with the other girls and letting it hold me back a bit. But i think knowing she is actively trying to get me out for a drink is a positive and plan to ask her out when im next in work. Barnt green inn me thinks, should go down alright.

I used to be the same mate. Still am to a certain extent. I had a gf throughout 6th form, where the "pulling skills" are honed, so missed out on that. WHen I got to uni I couldn't really do the pulling thing.

But someone told me that if you aren't getting girls doing what you're doing now (which at that point was standing in a bar/club waiting for girls to come to me, which wasn't that often), it's not going to change. To get girls you have to change.

So I did. I sucked it up and just started talking to girls about nothing. Just make something up.

All you need is an ice breaker. Keep some random stories in your back pocket to fill any gaps.

I haven't gone to 6th form though, so again I've missed out on that!

I suppose it'll come with time.

I haven't gone to 6th form though, so again I've missed out on that!

I suppose it'll come with time.

That was my point. I went to 6th form but had a gf, so didn't ever go out on the pull. So I mised out too.

Having a conversation with a girl is the most important thing. If you can get a load of opening lines (not chat up lines) that will strike up conversations with girls then that's half the battle. Once the ice is broken conversation should flow.

I am currently in the same sort of predicament although this is sort of a revisit. Well it is 100%. I'd definitely say go for it as the worst that can happen is a knock back. Its not life or death. I always find that women once you have shown an interest come back to you at some stage in some form. So just lay the foundations. Last year I asked a girl out who I went out a few times with but as the Uni year ended I heard nothing so I just left it and she got a boyfriend. A year on she got back in contact with me and asked me out. I was flattered and said yes like a mug straight away.

As for confidence, not going to 6th form etc definitely had the same issue although I am comfortable talking to women I don't necessarily do it to pull as it's not something that appeals to me. I generally stick to those that I have got to know. I wouldn't worry about it understudy but stevo is spot on. Talking any girl just gives you that extra confidence for when you're out. Then when they're drunk they'll want to lick your face. Not for me but I see it all the time within my circle of friends. Remember though everyone is different and just because one person is doing it doesn't mean that it's in the book as the only way. I've met girls who then became girlfriends through working abroad, the gym and of course education. You've just got to get outhere.

Â