Break Ups ( need to vent! )

Rodders

That sums me up I guess... without the good looks! :lol:
That was what made it so odd. This guy was like a **** Greek god, I couldn't believe he would have trouble with women. I guess in the long run he didn't, because they were willing to make ALL the running, and to hell with their reputations. Lucky bastard.

I'm shit at talking to people face to face, unless I've known them a while.

Confidence is a big big problem of mine. It holds me back a lot.

Everyone gets it on here because I deliver it flawlessly in print, and most people have the same sense of HUMOUR (:P) as me! :)

Flawlessly? And you say you have no confidence.

You're just over thinking it. Or is it the same as the above story and we just need to get a girl to drag you to bed?

Everyone gets it on here because I deliver it flawlessly in print, and most people have the same sense of HUMOUR (:P) as me! :)

You're just over thinking it. Or is it the same as the above story and we just need to get a girl to drag you to bed?

Talking to someone face to face and writing them are letter are miles apart.

Probably the latter! :) As I said, I have minimal confidence in social situations - as anyone who's met me in real life on here can testify....

And I can write for England Scotland Ireland and the Outer Hebrides! I can't talk in front of loads of people.

Perhaps the Victorian art of letter writing had its place?

Arguably, the internet has seen a revival of correspondence as a basis for developing relationships. There are probably thousands of couples by now who first "met" on the internet.

This is where I think I stop understanding. I get the rejection part. I get the feeling like a jackass part. Or not knowing how to approach the situation even. But talking to someone is nothing to me. It's just as easy as writing on here. In fact reading about how picky you guys are about certain topics gives me a slight with hold that I wouldn't have in person.

It's just a person guys. Either they become someone who you can enjoy. Or they don't.

Actually, if my club is anything to go by, joining a running club is a very good idea. When I joined six years ago, it was 60-40 men to women (and the women tended to be middle-aged). Since then, there has been a boom in womens' running, and the ratio has probably reversed, with a HUGE influx of young women. Most of whom are - virtually by definition - "fit". :D

This is where I think I stop understanding. I get the rejection part. I get the feeling like a jackass part. Or not knowing how to approach the situation even. But talking to someone is nothing to me. It's just as easy as writing on here. In fact reading about how picky you guys are about certain topics gives me a slight with hold that I wouldn't have in person.

It's just a person guys. Either they become someone who you can enjoy. Or they don't.

Yeah, I agree. Like I said, that was never a problem for me, it was just not knowing how to get from the "amazing conversations" to the "amazing sex"! :lol:

I agree with you and i myself have never found it hard speaking to people, but a lot of people crumple when stood in front of someone but maybe able to put it into words on paper so very easily.

Its strange, i suppose its all to do with personal comfort zones.

I had a mate that swears by the 'one in ten' rule. He'll walk around the night club mostly getting politely rejected and occasionally slapped, but more often than not he'll find himself a lady who is game.

Not how you're going to find 'the one', but it'll get you laid.

I had a mate that swears by the 'one in ten' rule. He'll walk around the night club mostly getting politely rejected and occasionally slapped, but more often than not he'll find himself a lady who is game.

If (moderately attractive) women did that it would be called the 'one in one' rule.

mjmooney agreed with me.

And according to you, the women do have to come to you. So they probably do feel the same.

In a roundabout way, yes he did.

Touché, but it's not like it happens all the time however.

Â