Break Ups ( need to vent! )

Rodders

What about the short ones? ;)

Nah just kidding, I have a chance now then ;)

You will have many chances if you put yourself outhere. There will be girls sitting around who are thinking and doing exactly the same as you. You are not going to be killed for having a go so you might as well just start. Feel the fear and do it anyway (one of the best books I've read, still shit at presenting material infront of people though lol)

How you dress and how you present yourself is more important than looks imo.

Looks are a luxury. A good looking bloke dressed like a tramp with no confidence will be no better off than an average looking bloke who dresses well and is confident and keeps his appeaance in check.

I think everyone does. Others get over it by getting hammered and some just have it. I think you just have to flick the switch in your brain and just make things known. Worst that happens is a knock back. Like I said a few pages back on here, in my experience the girl you once liked will come back to you in the end after you have made it known. At least you put the ball in their court if nothing comes of it.

Getting tipsy and just not being afraid of rejection gets me through it.

But even when I pull agirl I'm not convinced she wants to pull me, that's how unconfident I am. But I push through!

When it comes to women I do sometimes wish I was a complete dickhead sometimes.

But even when I pull agirl I'm not convinced she wants to pull me, that's how unconfident I am. But I push through!

I think girls give that feeling to a lot of men though. With girlfriends in the past and now I'd just be happy with honesty rather than a game just so I know were I stand. I genuinely think that us men will then overthink a situation.

I'd say you're doing well though putting yourself about. I've never been one for going out on the pull, I tend to find a girl and chase the one. Good on you.

You lack confidence Stevo!? Eh?! Doesn't come across that way to me!

Yeh. Used to hold me back with girls a lot.

But as I said in another thread (actually maybe it was this one), someone said to me once "If you're not getting girls now, it's never going to change unless you change your approach" or words to that effect.

It worked. I guess I just taught myself to act confident even when I'm not. Inside I'm still very nervous around women. I've just realised if I force myself to do certain things it'll work.

Ah right. It would have been in this thread, there was a lengthy discussion on me and my confidence (I.e. Zero!) And I've realised over time that I'm just a very, very awkward and shy person.

You lack confidence Stevo!? Eh?! Doesn't come across that way to me!

Yeh. Used to hold me back with girls a lot.

But as I said in another thread (actually maybe it was this one), someone said to me once "If you're not getting girls now, it's never going to change unless you change your approach" or words to that effect.

It worked. I guess I just taught myself to act confident even when I'm not. Inside I'm still very nervous around women. I've just realised if I force myself to do certain things it'll work.

My mate always tries to get me to man up! always tells me to talk to girls and then stroke their hair and says they love it, sounds more of a way to get slapped, it's easy for him though, a pretty good looking fella, it's obvious why they don't mind him doing it! if I did it, I'd be arrested!

Always makes a point about it in a club is as well, pulls a couple in space of 10 mins and that's somehow meant to make me feel better!

One day I will conquer. I just need to keep the alcohol flowing and I'm fine. :)

Ah right. It would have been in this thread, there was a lengthy discussion on me and my confidence (I.e. Zero!) And I've realised over time that I'm just a very, very awkward and shy person.

The awkward shy thing could work in your favor. A lot of girls find that cute.

And POB, your friend is an ass. I don't care how good looking a guy is if he approached me and stroked my hair I would choke him. But if he approached me and made me laugh.....he would have had a chance at least. Just be funny. Ya know, be....you. You're funny. Use that. And usually the more you make a girl laugh the hotter you become to her.

And POB, your friend is an ass. I don't care how good looking a guy is if he approached me and stroked my hair I would choke him. But if he approached me and made me laugh.....he would have had a chance at least. Just be funny. Ya know, be....you. You're funny. Use that. And usually the more you make a girl laugh the hotter you become to her.

Strangely enough I think I've been doing that for a while but once I get to know a girl better it seems that I just turn all serious and weird.

Strangely enough I think I've been doing that for a while but once I get to know a girl better it seems that I just turn all serious and weird.

Not sure how you mean that, could you elaborate.

Means that when I first meet a girl (normally, not on a date) I find myself cracking silly jokes all the time, it just comes to me naturally. But after a while when the icebreakers are over I always become more melancholic and serious and just generally not fun to be around.

Ha I don't really know how to explain it? The only explanation I can think of is that when I feel I've known someone sufficiently well I feel the need to pull out all the skeletons in my closet, you know, so I get an extra channel to vent my anger.

But this thread made me rethink that, maybe it's not the wisest thing to do and it's a little selfish as well.

Re: "stiff" yeah I changed the word it you see :P

Means that when I first meet a girl (normally, not on a date) I find myself cracking silly jokes all the time, it just comes to me naturally. But after a while when the icebreakers are over I always become more melancholic and serious and just generally not fun to be around.

I get being more serious, just don't get why the funny goes away. Make it a combo deal.

Â