• Downing
    • Albrighton
    • Petrov
    • Reo-Coker
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • Bannan (for Reo-Coker 71)
    • Delfouneso (for Carew 71)

MUCH better today IMO, unlucky not to have won. Just need to stay resilient and get a bit of luck and I think we can move away from the drop zone.

This + definitely the crossbar was MOTM for SHA as someone else posted!

Four times in one game!!

I'll say what BFR said once when Andy Gray said it could have been different if they hadnt have hit th ebar 3 times

"Yeah, we had chances to hit the bar, three of em - we decided to put them in the net instead !"

The attendance at SHA for such an important local derby was a disgrace. I never want to hear of them looking at building a 50,000 seater stadium again. The can't even fill their poxy little ground now and it only holds about 28,000. Their support is a joke and they have been, still are, always be, the worst supported team in Birmingham.

Lets just get someone who can put a few chances away, get us up the league a bit, and then re-assess when we are safe - Keane / Owen / Bellamy - someone like that.

Couldn't agree more, Keane for me, clearly available and I think we could get him, maybe Bellamy, not sure citeh would let us have him and he does have a bit of a 'tude - maybe that can be a good thing at times! Not owen for me though - too injury prone.

On a different note... The small heath fans are a disgrace !! 22000 and 1800 were us for a Derby that was quite possibly the biggest yet due to both teams in the dog fight

Very true, you would have thought that they would feel they had a better chance after the Cup game, but clearly not! Shit fans!!

See below a quote from a Bluenoses on the SHA fans site. Even they know they have shit support!!

'It was shocking really - embarrassing. The noon kick off, on TV, just after Christmas, the trouble last time - all had a part to play, though it should still be a sell out against Villa.

'The fact remains that we've got a small fan base, and a lot of apathy still surrounds the club, and yet we still expect the club to shell out £millions on players and wages of £50,000 a week.

If we got to Wembley, we'd have 50,000 loyal fans though.'

We need to get a decent a striker and midfielders that can control the midfield because Petrov and Coker can't and why Petrov wasn't subbed today is beyond belief. Maybe it is because he is Captain and there is some unwritten rule!

This is true and answers the earlier question why Gabby was played on the left. He's not a winger, but he's better there than playing in the hole. You can't put 2 up top when you don't have 2 center mids that can hold the center of the pitch. We don't have those. We may have just gotten one. Delph may be the second. Petrov is not, NRC is not. Sorry.

Gave the ball away too much today. Downing had a shocker for me and LB needs sorting out, but I was pleased they stuck at it and got a goal back from our new striker!

Sorry, but Delfouneso should have played from the off. Carews had it now and the Fonz had a blinder for the reserves against the Arse.Walker looked superb going forward and worked well with Albrighton, but defensively hes a tad naive as yet....he'll grow. And what a throw he s got on him as well!

1-1 was probably a fair result at the end, but tbh we could and should have killed the game off in the first half-hour.

Walker will win Player Of The Month by a mile. Looked good today.

Carew had one run where he looked at his very best, but once a game is not enough.

On another day we could have been celebrating a great win. Ah well.

Haven't read the whole thread yet, but can someone ask Collins what on earth he was trying to do by charging down the free kick for City's goal from 10+ yards behind the wall? He basically just created created the gap for the ball to move across and Johnson to move into. :^/

i was pretty sure we'd win prior to kick off and given the countless opportunities we missed i'm pretty gutted with the result. didn't play particularly well but seemed to create chances whenever we got into the final third.

downing seems to have reverted to the player he was last season - reluctant to take on his man, shirking challenges and making poor decisions when well placed. this is incredibly frustrating given the form he showed in october and november.

close call on MOTM but it has to beone of the two centre backs for me because they looked like different players to the last time we played at the sty.

Â