Man City (H)

Wigan Athletic (A)

Manchester United (A)

Fulham (H)

Blackpool (A)

Blackburn Rovers (H)

Bolton Wanderers (A)

Wolverhampton Wanderers (H)

I went on the side of caution but my predictions till puts us 7 points above the drop a zone on March 1st

46406613.png

Next fixtures

Man City (H)

Wigan Athletic (A)

Manchester United (A)

Fulham (H)

Blackpool (A)

Blackburn Rovers (H)

Bolton Wanderers (A)

I went on the side of caution but my predictions till puts us 7 points above the drop a zone on March 1st

46406613.png

Those games take us upto 30 games? not 27?

A draw is good in the fact that our recent run of results is a lot better than it had been. The last 4 games we have only lost one and have shown a lot more fight. Thats how you judge a teams form, not on the last 16. Shame the win wasn't in the league but hey we just need any results atm to get some confidence.

Unlucky not to win but relieved we didn't lose. I don't understand why we're playing Gabby as we are. He's a Striker not a striker, let's use him as one!

Went for Friedel as MOTM but no-one really stood out. Hoping Makoun can add something in Midfield, Ptrov was absent today.

You can say we were unlucky but at the end of the day we made chances and didn't take them. We can take a lot of positives away though. We created chances, defended very well and showed some real fight to get back into the game.

Walker and Albrighton look very good down the right. Walker made some good overlapping runs today and they link up well.

NRC looked good defensively in the first half and helped out Clark who got little to no support from Gabby today.

Gabby just isn't a winger, should have played a 442. You had all the right players for it, I just couldn't understand why we didn't

Aston Villa manager Gerard Houllier: "If there's got to be a winner it has to be Aston Villa today."

Enh this is kinda small time though

How's that small time??

I dunno it just reads like trying too hard to squeeze a moral victory out of a game you didn't win, I'd rather he said he'd take the point but was annoyed we didn't put the chances away rather than awarding himself a victory on points when they could equally have won it in stoppage time

It ain't a huge deal, here's the full quote fwiw:

"If there's got to be a winner it has to be Aston Villa today. We created a lot of chances and hit the bar four times. The minimum the players deserve is a draw. Some time ago we would probably have lost that game. But the character of the players was good, to come back from 1-0 down in a derby. We've got a difficult January in terms of fixtures, but we will be up for it."

Next fixtures

Man City (H)

Wigan Athletic (A)

Manchester United (A)

Fulham (H)

Blackpool (A)

Blackburn Rovers (H)

Bolton Wanderers (A)

46406613.png

Those games take us upto 30 games? not 27?

Bolton and Wolves are after 1st March.

Friedel - 7

Walker - 7

Collins - 7

Dunne - 7

Clark - 7

Albrighton - 7

Petrov - 5

Reo - Coker - 6

Downing - 6

Agbonlahor - 6

Carew - 5

Subs:

Bannan - 5

Delfouneso - 8

Not too many stand out individuals but the defence was good and, most importantly, the team performance and the spirit was so much better.

Unlucky not to win but relieved we didn't lose. I don't understand why we're playing Gabby as we are. He's a Striker not a striker, let's use him as one!

Went for Friedel as MOTM but no-one really stood out. Hoping Makoun can add something in Midfield, Ptrov was absent today.

so is he a Striker pr a striker?lol

playin him left midfield then switichin to right doesnt seem to work,,we looked more threatenin first half when he was in an around the box

We need to get a decent a striker and midfielders that can control the midfield because Petrov and Coker can't and why Petrov wasn't subbed today is beyond belief. Maybe it is because he is Captain and there is some unwritten rule!

Â