Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

AVFC-Prideofbrum

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decent at the back.

The main thing is WHEN WE GET IT ON THE DECK THROUGH NRC AND STAN, WE LOOK A THREAT! Just we are hitting far too many long balls and giving it straight back because Carew is winning nowt in the air - quite embarrassing when he's a t least three inches taller than any of their defenders.

Use the wings. Be patient with passing and the goal will come.

UTV!

Clark has been absolutely taken to pieces in this first half, we desperately need to get him some help - at half time I'd have Carew off, put Gabby up fornt and move Downing over to give Clark a bit more in front of him.

Gabby is up front, and Downing is on the left (but for the last 10 minutes)

So we'd just be a Carew down :?

Carew for me is more interested in pushing players than winning the ball...Mixed first half for me, I think having 2 Young players may it be Kyle and Albrighton or Clark and Albrighton is risky defending, better going forward though.

Petrov and NRC look lost.

Clark has been absolutely taken to pieces in this first half, we desperately need to get him some help - at half time I'd have Carew off, put Gabby up fornt and move Downing over to give Clark a bit more in front of him.

Gabby is up front, and Downing is on the left (but for the last 10 minutes)

So we'd just be a Carew down :?

Gabby played the whole of the first half down the left barring mayb a couple of minutes at the end.

Gerrard needs to tell them.. we look good when we have the ball and use the wingers. Long balls = no result.

You have to work yourself into positions to put the wingers in - we can't do that with Petrov and Reo Coker, because the former only passes 5 yards and the latter struggles to control the ball.

Why aren't we defending the left side at all? Clark is clearly struggling big time with Bentley. Shift Downing into his preferred position there and exchange Carew with Bannan. We need some "more" creativity in the middle. Gabby on top alone.