Houllier: Back him or sack him?

Stu_The_Villan

Houlier - back him or sack him?  

415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

Should we not win in the next three games, surely there is no alternative but to let go? becuase if we don't win in the next 3, it's going to be 4 (United after) then we're in some pretty deep poo, still get-outable (good word) but certainly won't look promising.
Thought you wanted to wait until Blackpool ? :winkold:

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should we not win in the next three games, surely there is no alternative but to let go? becuase if we don't win in the next 3, it's going to be 4 (United after) then we're in some pretty deep poo, still get-outable (good word) but certainly won't look promising.
Thought you wanted to wait until Blackpool ? :winkold:

I said we'd get a better idea of where we were relegation wise....nothing to do with the manager!

Although do see why it looks like that..

but in the knowledge that he's not going to get sacked

I still believe it is a big possibility should we not win in the next three games

Would like to share your optimism, I just get the impression that theyre not even entertaining the idea.

I still fear if he is here till the end of the season he will take us down. It really is time for him to shit or get off the pot. He as so far shown himself to be **** clueless and has us in a disgraceful position. Sunday is massive. Lose that with Man City to follow, he is finished.

He should have been **** off a few weeks ago for me but having been given more time its now down to him to get some results or **** off.

I still fear if he is here till the end of the season he will take us down. It really is time for him to shit or get off the pot. He as so far shown himself to be **** clueless and has us in a disgraceful position. Sunday is massive. Lose that with Man City to follow, he is finished.

He should have been **** off a few weeks ago for me but having been given more time its now down to him to get some results or **** off.

As soon as they let him spend a significant amount say, 6mill ;) he is staying for the season Mark, imo.

I really don't think this board are even thinking about this now. Maybe in the summer, but I'd be genuinely surprised if he went before the end of the season. He's sort of worked his way back to a neutral position with the board, which I think means he'd have to massively **** up again to be out of a job - I just can't see it.

He's sort of worked his way back to a neutral position with the board, which I think means he'd have to massively **** up again to be out of a job - I just can't see it.

Massively **** up again? that suggests that he **** up for a while then went on a decent run. He hasn't stopped **** up. 3 wins in 16 league games, one win in our last 8 league games losing 6. Worst defence, second worst away record leading us into relegation mire. Serving up some right tripe along the way,falling out with players and insulting his own fans at Anfield. The man as been one big **** up from the day he arrived.

One saving grace I guess is that he can't get any worse can he? actually maybe I should wait till 2pm Sunday before suggesting that.

He's sort of worked his way back to a neutral position with the board, which I think means he'd have to massively **** up again to be out of a job - I just can't see it.

Massively **** up again? that suggests that he **** up for a while then went on a decent run. He hasn't stopped **** up. 3 wins in 16 league games, one win in our last 8 league games losing 6. Worst defence, second worst away record leading us into relegation mire. Serving up some right tripe along the way,falling out with players and insulting his own fans at Anfield. The man as been one big **** up from the day he arrived.

One saving grace I guess is that he can't get any worse can he? actually maybe I should wait till 2pm Sunday before suggesting that.

Doing a remarkable job Mark

Doing a remarkable job Mark

:lol: Now who was it who said that......... oh yes I remember. Wonder what happened to that guy :winkold:

The board is stuck in a catch 22, the form has been awful since he came in with some especially embarrassing performances but sack him and it's just going to cause massive instability with no obvious inspirational figure to replace him and turn things round.

While it's proven to be a bad appointment over time when he came in I was part of what seemed to be the consensus believing GH to be the best available option. We're in too deep now though, if he was going to be sacked it needed to be done pre-January but RL was never going to be lining up a Plan B in the background that early due to his character. He seems to be a decent kind of guy so was always going to back GH and give him time after whatever agreements were made when GH took over, it may prove to be a very damaging move but his character is also what makes him such a good owner/guardian of the club.

So that's where I see ourselves, just having to hold on and hope GH can turn it round and with some good work in the window making his style of football one that wins matches and gets us away from danger. I'm 50/50 on if he will, I have no doubt there is the quality in the existing squad, let alone with any new faces to do it but just don't know if he can get them together and fighting to get away from the scary end of the table.

Is that you Martin?

The board is stuck in a catch 22, the form has been awful since he came in with some especially embarrassing performances but sack him and it's just going to cause massive instability with no obvious inspirational figure to replace him and turn things round.

While it's proven to be a bad appointment over time when he came in I was part of what seemed to be the consensus believing GH to be the best available option. We're in too deep now though, if he was going to be sacked it needed to be done pre-January but RL was never going to be lining up a Plan B in the background that early due to his character. He seems to be a decent kind of guy so was always going to back GH and give him time after whatever agreements were made when GH took over, it may prove to be a very damaging move but his character is also what makes him such a good owner/guardian of the club.

So that's where I see ourselves, just having to hold on and hope GH can turn it round and with some good work in the window making his style of football one that wins matches and gets us away from danger. I'm 50/50 on if he will, I have no doubt there is the quality in the existing squad, let alone with any new faces to do it but just don't know if he can get them together and fighting to get away from the scary end of the table.

This, and we will come good

"I am not looking to sign a striker. Not at the moment. I'm quite happy with Emile [Heskey] and John Carew did extremely well this week in training."

What is it that Houllier and Mon see in the team that clearly nobody else does?

It's very interesting how the young players all seem to like him so much and the older ones are a lot more sceptical.

What's for sure, he isn't fannying around trying to bring people round to his way of thinking. He already knows who he likes and who he wants to be a part of the team in the future.

It's either going to be brilliant, or disastrous. What's sort of good in a very twisted way, is that there is no way he can tear the heart out of the team because we haven't had one at all since he came in. There was so much going on following the Milner sale, the team was incredibly disjointed and I think anyone coming in at that time would have struggled. He's building some sort of creation but will it be a beauty or a beast?

Back him.

Â