415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Furthermore he has the vision to take Villa lot further than MON could have done.

and you are sure of this of course, the only thing he seems to have done is make us into a **** laughing stock so far, he has in six months turned us from at top 6 to a bottom 3 team, well done GH he should get the LMA aword for that, blame MON though eh, its his fault that GH couldn't manage a good shite for himself..

There's a difference between vision and actually getting the job done. I think, given time, Houllier's more pragmatic approach will benefit Villa - something MON never had. He's happy to rotate his squad, bring in players from across the globe.

That said, he is fighting an extremely steep up-hill battle that has been caused by himself to some extent, so whether he has that long-term opportunity to bring success to the club is doubtful.

imo, he wouldn't be in such a shity mess if he hadn't of come in with his billy big bollox attitude, he came in and tried to changeto much to soon. and now i its all coming back to kick him in the arse, if he turns things around and keeps us up i'll hold my hand up,but i do think he's going to get us relegated.

Everyone seems to be blaming the players for having shitty attitudes and maybe we have the right to, but, what if the shitty attitude came from Houllier?

Err im sorry mate but the majority here are blaming Houllier

Fair point. I think I should have said "everyone is accusing the players of having shitty attitudes", which they are.

I can't see any evidence at all for the assertion that Houllier has the vision to "take us further". His man management of the players has been appalling, as have his tactics, and his relationship with the fans. His one signing so far, Pires, has been a failure. He generally displays the characteristics of a man who fallen off the pace and is not capable of dealing with the demands of the modern premier league.

So he has a way to go in my book to live up to this billing.

I also think, on his performance so far, he is the last person I would want to be fighting a relegation battle.

Let's just hope I'm massively wrong about all this. :(

they are only in the prem a wet day and they could see how shite Woy is.

Yeah shit manager that Roy Hodgson. Hasnt got a clue.

He is a **** shit manager, 13 away wins in 114 english football games tells me that we, if you like him as a manager i can understand why you like the silly c,nt we have in charge..Woy took a Fulham team from 7th to12th and only got LMA manger of the year because he done well in a shit europa league comp.

For me Houllier has to go and take for me, the real issue with the club Macallister as head coach, we really should have made Macdonald head coach and if we had I have no doubt we would not be in the mess we are in at the moment as he could have been the middle man between the players & Houllier.

Why should Houllier go..

Lost the dressing room, once that happens can only be one outcome.

Lost the fans backing, when your own fans chant "youre getting sacking in the morning" it fairly clear indication that your days are numbered.

Look at our attendances this season, not sold out 1 game and can only get 32k on Wednesday when the club were offering 2 for £25 (thats cheaper than going to watch a Division 2 game!)

Negative press, can anyone remember a season when so much negative press has come out of Villa?

For me Randy needs follow Liverpool lead and have the balls to sack Houllier before its to late, get Martin Jol or Owen Coyle who are both realistic choices for the club and can help us survive this season and then we rebuild from the summer.

Yeah he did a shit job at Fulham didnt he? Are you for real Fran?
look at his career, this isn't the first time he's been sacked after six months. your mad if you think he's any use. i'll say it again 13 away wins in 114 english games. great manager. and no he didn't do as great a gob as everyone thinks. Like one liverpool fan said to me, he won less away games for Fulham than king Kenny has medals.oh great manager though yeah,FFS get real, i hate GH and i even think GH is a better manger.

For me Houllier has to go and take for me, the real issue with the club Macallister as head coach, we really should have made Macdonald head coach and if we had I have no doubt we would not be in the mess we are in at the moment as he could have been the middle man between the players & Houllier.

Why should Houllier go..

Lost the dressing room, once that happens can only be one outcome.

Lost the fans backing, when your own fans chant "youre getting sacking in the morning" it fairly clear indication that your days are numbered.

Look at our attendances this season, not sold out 1 game and can only get 32k on Wednesday when the club were offering 2 for £25 (thats cheaper than going to watch a Division 2 game!)

Negative press, can anyone remember a season when so much negative press has come out of Villa?

For me Randy needs follow Liverpool lead and have the balls to sack Houllier before its to late, get Martin Jol or Owen Coyle who are both realistic choices for the club and can help us survive this season and then we rebuild from the summer.

i agree with all you say, but the manager choice wont and shouldn't happen imo. Coyle wouldn't come here with this mess. and Jol isn't the right manager for a relegation fight imo. Randy should have had the bollox to go for either of these at the start of the season when the club wasn't such a mess. instead they went for the cheap GH option.

Oh by the way, if you read my cryptic message a few pages back, and then saw Soccer Saturday, Phil Thompson also stated some of what I had been told.

Every one on that panel , which included Thompson, who knows Houllier, and Merson, who knows the Villa - gave support to Houllier.

By the way, from what I heard, and what Thompson said, I don't blame MON for this either. It quite clear around 7 senior and very important players are trying to hijack this club. hijack probably the wrong word but you know what I mean.

One went yesterday, it is suggested the rest are to follow very quickly.

In view of that, I am disgusted we are in the bottom 3, but have changed my mind about Houllier. He needs time to sort this.

I have said before, this mirrors 86. Well, if what I am told correctly, it also mirrors 87 - whereby Graham taylor came in, and said "I don't care how big your ego is - you play for this club, or go !"

To me, the big thing now is seeing out this year. If we are still in the Premier, even if it is by finishing 17th, in 3 yrs time this club will be in a better position.

The only thing that remains for me is can GH keep us in the division - and I'll give him the chance now I know what I know.

(and all the pundits state the same - so they cannot all be wrong !)

quote]i agree with all you say, but the manager choice wont and shouldn't happen imo. Coyle wouldn't come here with this mess. and Jol isn't the right manager for a relegation fight imo. Randy should have had the bollox to go for either of these at the start of the season when the club wasn't such a mess. instead they went for the cheap GH option.

quote]i agree with all you say, but the manager choice wont and shouldn't happen imo. Coyle wouldn't come here with this mess. and Jol isn't the right manager for a relegation fight imo. Randy should have had the bollox to go for either of these at the start of the season when the club wasn't such a mess. instead they went for the cheap GH option.

Fair points, is it that Lerner needs to have the balls to sack Macallister? who for me is one of the major factors for all the unrest in the club, clearly out of his depth as a head coach for a club of our size! He could get Wilkins or even try and persuade Macdonald to take up the role (I know he turned it down before)

Oh by the way, if you read my cryptic message a few pages back, and then saw Soccer Saturday, Phil Thompson also stated some of what I had been told.

Every one on that panel , which included Thompson, who knows Houllier, and Merson, who knows the Villa - gave support to Houllier.

By the way, from what I heard, and what Thompson said, I don't blame MON for this either. It quite clear around 7 senior and very important players are trying to hijack this club. hijack probably the wrong word but you know what I mean.

In view of that, I am disgusted we are in the bottom 3, but have changed my mind about Houllier. He needs time to sort this.

I have said before, this mirrors 86. Well, if what I am told correctly, it also mirrors 87 - whereby Graham taylor came in, and said "I don't care how big your ego is - you play for this club, or go !"

To me, the big thing now is seeing out this year. If we are still in the Premier, even if it is by finishing 17th, in 3 yrs time this club will be in a better position.

The only thing that remains for me is can GH keep us in the division - and I'll give him the chance now I know what I know.

Interesting how the pundits are supporting Houllier - yet didn't support hodgson. It almost as liverpool can not be allowed to be bottom half - but bottom 3 is ok for villa.

I can't think of manager at any club - who has turned such a run, around - and gone on the be a success

Interesting how the pundits are supporting Houllier - yet didn't support hodgson. It almost as liverpool can not be allowed to be bottom half - but bottom 3 is ok for villa.

I can't think of manager at any club - who has turned such a run, around - and gone on the be a success

You haven't looked very far then, coz I can remember being 16th in Division 2 going into November once !

Well done for today. Negotiating the banana skin. Now go out and sign a couple of players who can come straight into the starting eleven for next week. Not having Young in the team might prove a blessing in disguise if we can sign a good defensive midfielder in time, instead of trying to accommodate Young every week in a position that frankly doesn't suit him. Downing left, Albrighton right, three central midfielders to quash the shitty midfield.

Â