415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there anybody with any conections in getting some flags and banners done up in support for the Board and Houllier in time for the Sunderland game? We need to drown out the boo boys and give Houllier some support..

We need to make these players understand that the club will always come 1st in the eyes of us fans..

I challenge you to wave such flag - when were 0-2 down.

A white flag will be coming out the dugout at 0-1 anyway ;)

Waving a flag would take effort

I don't know why Houllier is getting attacked for not jumping around in the dugout all the time. I know that's what MON did but not all manager's do it. It was clear from day 1 Houllier wasn't like that and that's fine. Other aspects of his tenure here should come under scrutiny, but not this.

He'll then probably slag the flag off to the press, MM will come and tell us how the flag hasn't been waving properly in training and a poll will show 37% think it's down to MoN

Yes of course, you continue to believe this, you continue to believe that everything is rosey at VP besides the manager it will eventually seem real to you.

Houllier is a prick!

Is that what you thought?

Woiuld he still be a prick if we were winning games?

Never get insulting football folk.

Jesus Jez don't get going to a football game if you don't like hearing people involved in football getting insulted.

I'm sure BJ means nothing by it. He is a passionate supporter just upset that the club he loves are struggling and those passions can some times spill over.

In case anyone missed it I will repeat it here:

Its a shame but this topic has gone way way way off the point of acceptability, There are posters on all sides and of all calibres getting involved in silly little spats and going against the guidelines. Topic closed. I realise this topic needs to be debated and I think there is still a suitable topic open, please use that but don't resort to the non-debating skills witnessed over the last 10-15 pages of this topic. I've had to read it and its not pretty. I realise it is THE most pressing concern for some years but resorting to telling others what to do and all the other bullshit that has gone on in here is simply unacceptable. If you can't behave bans will be handed out, we'd rather get rid of all the posters that misbehave and dramatically reduce the amount of active posters on the site that put up with this shit. AND I very much doubt we'll be handing out warnings in advance, we'll just do it

The Mods

i dont think this manager deserves the fans backing tbh,beside's how we are doing on the pitch after the whole Liverpool thing and the way he treated the away fans that night was a joke,and for me he should be hounded out of the club.the fans are best off doing it now and getting him out quick rather than letting him take us further into the shite.

I think it's good the transfer window soon opens. a lot needs to be done
so,lets say from what MM was saying that there is about 10 bad eggs at the club,how is the transfer window going to help us. do you think that we'll sell 10 and buy there replacments??.because if they are still here they will still cause unrest because they just dont like the manager for whatever reason...

Our manager is taking a bashing from all sides at the minute. Alot of the senior players obviously dont like him, and performances on the pitch have not endeared him to us fans.

But is that his fault??

I think it isnt. The players (or a majority of them) are refusing to play for him, which in turn is making alot of the fans turn on him. Does he deserve this??

In a word...NO!!

He came here with the best intentions to do well for this club. He doesnt deserve his otherwise impressive recored in management to be ruined because of a group of divas who care more about their 50k per week wage packet than the club. If the players arent gonna do it for the manager they should at least do it for us fans. After all, it is us paying their wages.

We need to get behind our manager at this crucial time. Let him bring his own players in and get rid of the players who will inevitably take this club down.

UTV

I'm with you, it's doing no one any good for us to just be bashing the man at this time. Making a manager who has been through what he has is going to do more harm than good. Bring the good vibes back if you are a true Villa fan. (Having said that though...I've always liked JG)

i dont think this manager deserves the fans backing tbh,beside's how we are doing on the pitch after the whole Liverpool thing and the way he treated the away fans that night was a joke,and for me he should be hounded out of the club.the fans are best off doing it now and getting him out quick rather than letting him take us further into the shite.

He is working with players that dont want to wear the shirt full stop! Nothing to do with Houllier,Jol or MON or Moyes or any other Tom Dick or Harry.

They HATE Villa..

Houllier needs to get a motivator in if he is not going to sort the tactics out or do it himself and get them back onside. Someone who can get the players fired up for a game because no tactics + no motivation = the current situation we find ourselves in.

I think it's good the transfer window soon opens. a lot needs to be done
so,lets say from what MM was saying that there is about 10 bad eggs at the club,how is the transfer window going to help us. do you think that we'll sell 10 and buy there replacments??.because if they are still here they will still cause unrest because they just dont like the manager for whatever reason...

I can see 2 or 3 going out this window, rest maybe in the summer.

But I also hope we get 3 to 4 in in this window, I know it's much to hope for, but we need new blood.

He is working with players that dont want to wear the shirt full stop! Nothing to do with Houllier,Jol or MON or Moyes or any other Tom Dick or Harry.

They HATE Villa..

They all hate Villa,ok i didnt know that.it seems very strange to me that so many have turned,could it be that the manager and his coaching staff are just not getting the best out of a team that should be atleast top half of the table.they all hate Villa my hole,more like the manager that has went blabbing to the press about them..

They HATE Villa..

They all hate Villa,ok i didnt know that.it seems very strange to me that so many have turned,could it be that the manager and his coaching staff are just not getting the best out of a team that should be atleast top half of the table.they all hate Villa my hole,more like the manager that has went blabbing to the press about them..

It could be that Lerner wouldnt back MON...So they hate Lerner,hate the club...Houllier could just be the fall guy..Who knows?

Â