Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Frobisher

The problem i had was i just couldnt get close to him because those lightning bolts he fires out were killing me in 2 shots. My saving grace was the Sanguine Rose. Spawn a dremora next to him and then pick him off with arrows whilst he was occupied. Went down pretty sharpish. His mask is badass though.

Theres something cool about Skyrim being the current gaming zeitgeist, and being really involved in that feeling too. Walked into work today and everyones just chatting about Skyrim adventures, most of the regulars are in on it too... it's **** fantastic.

Theres something cool about Skyrim being the current gaming zeitgeist, and being really involved in that feeling too. Walked into work today and everyones just chatting about Skyrim adventures, most of the regulars are in on it too... it's **** fantastic.

good banter on Facebook as well I am noticing.

I have got involved by saying I cannot afford to pay for coldplay tickets at the moment so if my friend gets them instead I can pay him in gold ore and potions of magika

This game seems really good, everyones talking about it, but i just cant get past things like "wood elf", "enchantment", "wizardry" and "mage"..

:lol:

Is it REALLY that nerdy? Because it seems like a good game.

Was the Lord of the Rings to nerdy for you?

If not: Get the game.

If so: Go back to bare knuckle boxing Colombian convicts in shark infested waters or what other manly pursuits satisfy you.

YZgo8l.jpg

Hmmmm. Should I?

In other news, I am really enjoying being an Archmage. I have two rooms at Hogwarts now, the room you get when you first sign up and the Archmage quarters at the top of the tower. I have a tree in my bedroom. A **** tree! Up to 50 in Destruction now and I finally dropped some gold on the projectile spells, Firebolt and Ice Spike. I really like the Ice Spike, it launches a giant icicle at whatever I am targeting and does quite a bit of damage if I dual cast. Blasting wildlife clean off their feet is satisfying, especially if they are near the edge of a cliff or very steep hill. :D

This game seems really good, everyones talking about it, but i just cant get past things like "wood elf", "enchantment", "wizardry" and "mage"..

:lol:

Is it REALLY that nerdy? Because it seems like a good game.

Was the Lord of the Rings to nerdy for you?

If not: Get the game.

If so: Go back to bare knuckle boxing Colombian convicts in shark infested waters or what other manly pursuits satisfy you.

Yes, LOTRs was **** nerdy - and shit.

Nothing to do with me being snobby about being 'manly', but you get to a point (or at least I would hope) where talking about princesses becomes a bit odd.

I liked Fallout 3, is it like that? but with LOTRs stuff in it?

It's a fantasy game. Lord of the Rings is going to be the comparison, but it is its own thing. It's a mechanically and graphically improved version of fallout without guns basically. You can be a complete thieving, murdering shitbag if you want to be though, and if being a wood elf enchanting wizard is a problem then just be a human with a sword and hack fools to pieces with it.

that's the kind of thing I was after :)

If you are a theif, does that mean you try not to get into conflicts? As apposed to being a dude with a sword and a sheild?

Do you have to play differently in each character?

Lastly, is there still a good/evil mechanic and if so, how does that affect the game?

I liked Fallout 3, is it like that? but with LOTRs stuff in it?

If you liked Fallout and can deal with the whole dragon/elf/magic deal you'll enjoy it. Some really interesting characters (special mention for Cicero he cracked me up) along the way and you'll be right at home with the menu system.

I only planned on having a quick go to see what the engine for Fallout 4 might be like and ended up racking up some serious game time. I am having plenty of fun even if I'm not quite as engaged with the story as the Fallout series but that's just a personal taste thing. Stealthing around taking people out with a bow and arrow is very satisfying.

Give it a go but be prepared to make a mess of your sleep patterns if you do.

that's the kind of thing I was after :)

If you are a theif, does that mean you try not to get into conflicts? As apposed to being a dude with a sword and a sheild?

Do you have to play differently in each character?

Lastly, is there still a good/evil mechanic and if so, how does that affect the game?

If you are a thief you can sneak through caves and if you have the right abilities go through killing or moving without being seen.

For example if you sneak up behind someone and hit them you do a hell of a lot more damage.

I am a red guard who are the best hand to hand fighters so I am basically the cole train with sword and magic.

If you are a wizard you want open space to move around to cast spells close quarters you're ****.

I enjoy close quarters as I am so awesome now with heavy armour I can kill bears in 3 hits and lose hardly any health.

There is good and evil an massively affects the game. If you are very good or evil you won't even be able to do some quests so you have to really play it through again and again. I had to with oblivion as I couldn't get into the dark brotherhood.

You can even prevet conflict by using speech ability essentially becoming Deren brown.

You can buy so many things or if you can't be arsed buy them.

Finally if you have played RPGs before this is the best one visually and detail wise.

Extremely pissed off now. I had loads of items stored in my room in the Hall of Attainment. For some reason they have now all vanished...

There is a warning in the manual and that comes up on the loading screen, saying that unless you own the box (in your house) there is a chance that items will be gone if you store them there.

That's why I don't understand why the items have gone missing. I stored them in my room in the Hall of Attainment. Therefore I would think it was my property.

Anyway, it's gone now for some silly reason. I suppose I will have to farm all of those mats again but hey ho.

26 hours in and I am only level 12. I'm absolutely loving this and the pace is perfect. I'm currently still exploring most of the time.

So I did the quest in the dwemer city under Markarth, and that guy gave me a key to the Museum. I went and had a look round, and then continued into his lab. In his lab there was a lever thing on the wall, so of course I had to activate it. It caused a thing in the ceiling to shoot a kind of exploding rocket behind me, sending all of the bits and bobs around the room I was in flying. Got a message saying Bounty Added (5), thought 'oh', and then a guard starts attacking me. I couldn't talk to him to pay off the bounty, or bride him, or anything. So I go back into the city proper and every **** guard in the place is after me! I am currently pegging it away from Markarth with my tail between my legs for the sake of a 5 **** gold bounty! :lol: I'm not really sure how to stop them, as I don't really want to kill them as I guess that will count as a murder. Then again, if I can't get them to stop attacking me I can't go back to Markarth :| Guess I'll have to try attacking them, and see what happens...

Â