Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Frobisher

found out where I can get an axe so will get that tonight to chop some wood. that will get me a few hundred.

I did this yesterday as I never had done it before - and as I sold the firewood I had made for 2 gold a piece I don't think I will be doing it again anytime soon!

Did mine some Ebony too though yesterday, not for selling though, I'm holding onto it until my smithing is at a sufficent level to make something with it.

I get plenty enough money from selling loot. Had some Orcish armour which I sold for about 3k the other day, it wasn't enchanted and wasn't even very good armour.

I have about 8k at the moment, and that's after having bought a house with all the trimmings, a horse, and spending probably in excess of 3k on training.

found out where I can get an axe so will get that tonight to chop some wood. that will get me a few hundred.

I did this yesterday as I never had done it before - and as I sold the firewood I had made for 2 gold a piece I don't think I will be doing it again anytime soon!

Did mine some Ebony too though yesterday, not for selling though, I'm holding onto it until my smithing is at a sufficent level to make something with it.

I get plenty enough money from selling loot. Had some Orcish armour which I sold for about 3k the other day, it wasn't enchanted and wasn't even very good armour.

I have about 8k at the moment, and that's after having bought a house with all the trimmings, a horse, and spending probably in excess of 3k on training.

dude I have only just hit level 10 in about 10 hours of gaming. I am taking it slow so happy to chop wood for a while.

how do you do it?

I may setup the controller to hold A and trigger down if it just keeps going automatically.

I did that on Oblivion and sneak jumped into a wall for an hour while I ate dinner. came back and had improved about 15 points.

I am not sure if you can get an animal to help you.

perhaps look for conjuration or alteration to allow you to get zombies etc to distract or cast so they fight amongst themselves and you pick them off.

Ive never took a companion into battle with me. I do have some sort of servant bird in whiterun who is my bodyguard or something. Ive not used her yet though. What happens if she dies though?? Do i get a replacement?

My conjuration skill is shite...i can only just about summon a flame atronach and that takes my magicka down to zero. I have a staff called the sanguine rose that summons a dremora and to be fair he kicks some serious arse for me. The thing with that though is having enough soul gems to keep it charged all the time. I suppose im just gonna have to work on my conjuration to get it up to a decent level.

Oh and ive got 12k saved in the kitty and thats just from selling loot like heavy armour and 2 handed weapons. Basically the ones im not gonna use. Ive got a horse but ive not bought a house yet. Should probably get round to doing that...

I have a helper too, now a woman called Lydia who I have given an axe too as well.

My version of Lydia is decked out head to foot in Dwarven Armour and wields an axe with a frost enchant on it.

Bitch kicks ass.

I have a helper too, now a woman called Lydia who I have given an axe too as well.

My version of Lydia is decked out head to foot in Dwarven Armour and wields an axe with a frost enchant on it.

Bitch kicks ass.

apparently you can marry her and smash her ass as well.

well maybe not the smashing her ass part.

but you can marry her.

I personally like Miuri, Aela or Ysolda myself.

damn fine bee hatches.

all the rest are ming.

Anybody know where i can get a detect life spell from? Are they even in this game? Ive been to a few of the Jarls wizards and ive not seen one yet. I used that spell alot in Oblivion.

IIRC was it not the nirnroot potion that gave you that?

also you had it if you were a vampire but that was slightly different as it detected ferromones (or so the game said).

you're best off researching about the nirnroots in skyrim and whether you can use them to make something similar.

Got my smithing to 100 in about 2 hours

How?! I really want the smithing perk that allows you to upgrade enchanted items but my smithing is only at about 20. Think it needs to be 50-60 before i can get that perk!! Any tips on levelling this up quickly?

Go to the smithing woman in Whiterun and buy all the iron ingots. iron ore and leather straps. Go inside the shop and buy buy all the stuff from the guy. Go outside and forge the iron ore into iron ingots. Then start making iron daggers all the way till level 100. Just wait 48 ingame hours for the shop to reset stock.

You are going to take a loss in money, but im sure you can make it back doing quests.

Possibly a dumb question, but how do you do up your house? Assuming you can. Seems a bit odd to pop back into a derelict place whenever I've got crap to drop off, and it'd be useful to, at least, be able to brew up recipes there with all the food I keep looting 'just in case' :oops:

I've only bought the house in Whiterun so far, but for that you buy the bits and bobs (kitchen, bedroom, alchemy set, etc.) off of the same guy who sells you the house.

Also for those chaps who are married - and I'm quite embarrased to ask this question to be honest - but can you change the clothes of your woman? :oops: I ask because I quite like the young lady at Shor's Stone. I like the idea of saving her from that horrible living as a hard working miner girl. Problem is, well...she is MUCKY, man. She wears horrible dirty clothes with a stinking great pickaxe in her belt all the time. I want to buy her a nice dress ^__^ ...but not sure if possible.

I've decided to start trying out some of the mods that are landing on the PC. There is a steady stream of them but I'm sticking strictly to graphical enhancements and UI enhancements for the first playthrough. So far I've changed the night sky so it looks more dramatic (more stars that now twinkle, visible nebulae etc), improved the blood decals and improved the resolution and quality of the textures on the races' skin (gets rid of the slightly blocky look around their noses etc)

OCN68l.jpg

They're all fairly subtle changes but they add up to make a noticeable difference when playing. There are some custom shader enhancements too but I'm giving those a miss for now as that is the sprt of shit that causes game crashing if its not optimised properly.

Also, anyone saw...

the ghostly headless horseman
...whilst out and about?

I love the way you can kit your companion out. Mine actually does more damage than me, I think.

I've gone Destro/Resto. Healing spell in one hand and fire in the other. It works alright, although my damage isn't great. I rarely seem to die though, apart from the times when a giant just smashes me...

I'm level ten now and have hardly touched the surface really. I am going to sink hundreds of hours more into this over the coming year or two. This is one of those games thaf will not be traded in.

Got married today. It was a delightful service.

Also had my first proper annoying/funny glitch. Loaded my non-auto save that was inside my house in Whiterun. As soon as it loaded, there was a whoosh sound, which was odd. Then as I looked around my house, all of the cupboards/tables/shelves/etc had disappeared, leaving the items that had been sitting on them thrown all over the **** place. My perfectly arranged completely full bookshelves were RUINED. Not impressed. Re-loaded and it was fine though. heh

Anybody know where i can get a detect life spell from? Are they even in this game? Ive been to a few of the Jarls wizards and ive not seen one yet. I used that spell alot in Oblivion.

They're in it, yeah. I've found a couple of scrolls that teach it in some random dungeons.

Â