Houllier Do You want him or not?

bickster

Do you want Houllier as the Villa manager after the events of the Liverpool game?  

387 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Houllier as the Villa manager after the events of the Liverpool game?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Care

MON might not have always applauded the away support but i bet he never **** clapped the home fans.

True. But then he quit 5 days before a season didn't he.

Yes and if the idiots who thought houllier would be a good appointment hadn't closed the bank account we wouldn't be in this current mess.

So they invest £100+ million into the club, both in players/staff and also facilities. Yet you feel a need to call them 'idiots'...

Well looking at our current situation i find it hard to call them smart. Poor decisions in the summer and a poor appointment in houllier have led us to the level of shit we're having to watch at the moment.

MON might not have always applauded the away support but i bet he never **** clapped the home fans.

Yes and if the idiots who thought houllier would be a good appointment hadn't closed the bank account we wouldn't be in this current mess.

Are you ITK?

Don't have to be ITK to know that had money been available we'd still have MON and be doing better that we are at the moment.

So they invest £100+ million into the club, both in players/staff and also facilities. Yet you feel a need to call them 'idiots'...

Well looking at our current situation i find it hard to call them smart. Poor decisions in the summer and a poor appointment in houllier have led us to the level of shit we're having to watch at the moment.

So, the previous years just all are completely ignored? They probably have made a couple bad decisions that doesn't mean suddenly their idiots, just like when we were 3rd with Mon and finished 6th, that didn't make a shit manager, he made some bad decisions but we were only in a good position because of the work he did in the first place and you can never forget that. For almost their entire time here, they have been the perfect owners, a couple of possibly bad calls doesn't make them idiots. If they got rid of Houllier, say bought in Jol, spent £30 million, are they suddenly some of the best owners again?

The money they've put into the club and he trust they gave Mon also helped played a big part in the recent success of the team and also why we are now are all pretty upset in our current position and why sooner or later, we'll be back around the top 6/8 because the investment means we will get it right even if you go through a bad spell.

Do you think Mon would of finished 6th 3 times in a row without the big money spent each season? Both the board and the manager did a fine job. Don't forget that.

I'm not forgetting what they've done, they have been excellent however it now seems like we're going in the opposite direction and the money we thought we'd get on a consistent basis won't actually happen. Maybe idiots is a bit harsh but their decisions in the summer and decision to hire houllier is really pissing away all their good work fast.

My question would really be do the players want him? I'm not saying that this would happen but if there is a hint of unrest at VP, which could be the case judging by GH's recent comments and the players attitudes on the pitch, do any fans think that players would purposefully not play at 100% to try to get poorer results to manage Houllier out of the club.

Again, I'm not saying it would happen but given recent performances and fan unrest is it feasible for the players to do this? Personally I would hope not as it would show a complete lack of respect for the club that pays the players wages but you never know.

All I do know is that anything but a win on Saturday and the % of No's on here will increase dramatically. Houllier is on borrowed time.

I'm not forgetting what they've done, they have been excellent however it now seems like we're going in the opposite direction and the money we thought we'd get on a consistent basis won't actually happen. Maybe idiots is a bit harsh but their decisions in the summer and decision to hire houllier is really pissing away all their good work fast.

I think it's going to take 2/3 years of poor decisions to undo the work. Just like at Spurs when they appointed Ramos, they still had good players and the infrastructure, just needed a new manager.

We've still got good players and again it's just my opinion that funds wise, the board will still invest in the squad but I also believe they really want to clear the wage bill and bring more structure to the club as although not bankrupting or ruining the club, it was getting slightly out of hand and money can be better spent than say £6.5 million for Beye who has started about 6 league games and been basically pointless. (fee+wages over last and this year) I'm sure the board have took everything into consideration, look at the facts and the likes of Spurs spending £10 or something million less than us on wages a year which is a big difference and if we are going to compete, we need to be at least be on similar structures and spend money alot wiser.

We've still got good players so unless the board for the next 2/3 years keep making poor decisions either keeping managers or appointing bad one's....we'll be fine soon enough I'd imagine.

Again, you only have to look at Spurs who had a very bad 18 months and then eventually got it right and well they finished 4th.

Optimism my friend, I know it's in you somewhere. 8)

We'll be okay in the future.

Again, you only have to look at Spurs who had a very bad 18 months and then eventually got it right and well they finished 4th.

Optimism my friend, I know it's in you somewhere.

They got rid of a manager who clearly didn't have a clue.

I would love to be optimisitic i've been nothing but optimistic since randy first came to the club but i just can't at the minute as i've seen nothing to suggest houllier is the right man, its the opposite i've seen plenty of things that show me he isn't. I hope i'm wrong and he does a great job but until i see something to inspire optimism i can't just switch it on for nothing.

Optimism my friend, I know it's in you somewhere.

They got rid of a manager who clearly didn't have a clue.

I would love to be optimisitic i've been nothing but optimistic since randy first came to the club but i just can't at the minute as i've seen nothing to suggest houllier is the right man, its the opposite i've seen plenty of things that show me he isn't. I hope i'm wrong and he does a great job but until i see something to inspire optimism i can't just switch it on for nothing.

I was talking more generally, we will be okay. Not maybe under this manager, I don't know.

Ramos was sacked but he also had January and the summer in charge before that. After the summer, they had 2 points from 8 games with very good players which is unbelievably worse than our situation to be fair.

Are you ITK?

Don't have to be ITK to know that had money been available we'd still have MON and be doing better that we are at the moment.

You're making all these assumptions but the simple fact is none of us know what really happened.

After sleeping on it, I'd sack Houllier and offer the job to Jol, but I'm not the money man.

No, Jol or Di Matteo for me.

Seriously, what is this boards obsession with Martin Jol? He seems to have developed this reputation of being an incredible, top class manager even though HE'S WON COCK ALL.

He did nothing with spurs other than yoyo around 5-10th for a while before spending £40 million and getting sacked a few months later, he did nothing at Hamburg and has just left Ajax by 'mutual consent' after doing...you guessed it...nothing.

If you want us to be successful, Jol is not the man for us, unless we make the random assumption that he'll have huge success with us even though he's never had major success with any other team.

I'm not the biggest Houllier fan, especially not after the debacle on monday night, but we should at least give him time. To suggest that we're going to be relegated this season, or even be in a relegation fight, is ridiculous and stinks of the typical knee jerk nonsense that consumes VT every time we go on a bad run of form.

At least give the man time to work with a fit squad, maybe get some players in January, and see if we can push on from there. We know he's not going to be the long term solution, at 63 that would be impossible, but he might be able to provide us with a stable base of a good footballing side (something that couldn't be said under MON) so we can push on in the next few years.

To sack Houllier at this point would make us no better than Newcastle.

I just simply can't believe the hysteria on here .....to sack him now would be futile....and for him to walk would be premature.

we need some experienced players back

I don't know, whether he is the right man or not any more than i knew any of the previous managers were right.

I was over the moon when we signed O'Neill, but i was also pleased with the O'Leary signing....Saunders never really had a great profile, so what do we know.

Gerard Houllier needs to bring himself back on side, very quickly, and distance himself somewhat from his previous success and concentrate on the present.

a few sleeves need to be rolled up at Villa Park and everyone needs to pull in the same direction.

It is time for unified front.

ps If we had of won at Liverpool it would have completely different comments.

I want Lambert. He'd have the balls for a scrap which is what we are facing this year and then the ability to turn this side around a la Coyle at Bolton. It won't happen though and even if it did the results from an unknown manager (to certain sections of the fanbase) would be required from yesterday

I can see it now, if it had of been our night.

Liverpool 1 - Villa 4

" did you see Gh taking the piss and waving to them" "touching the Anfield sign was cool as he had a good time there"

"He certainly left his mark there tonight" "bet they wished they had him back"

" bet they won't wave to him next time"

I can see it now, if it had of been our night.

Liverpool 1 - Villa 4

" did you see Gh taking the piss and waving to them" "touching the Anfield sign was cool as he had a good time there"

"He certainly left his mark there tonight" "bet they wished they had him back"

" bet they won't wave to him next time"

Can you see it now?

Can you really?

Â