Houllier Do You want him or not?

bickster

Do you want Houllier as the Villa manager after the events of the Liverpool game?  

387 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Houllier as the Villa manager after the events of the Liverpool game?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Care

The statement is nothing but an attempt at fanning the flames and damage limitation

But its to late now, unless he gets us a decent run of results he's gone

Eh..

They want the statement to fan the flames?

The flames of what?

Including the Albion game this saturday, I had us down to win 12-15 points from the last 30. if we beat the baggies, and that's a big if right now, we will have amassed just 10 points from that run of games.

So then I look to the next 10 games from now:

11 Dec, 15:00 Aston Villa v West Bromwich Albion Premier League

18 Dec, 15:00 Wigan Athletic v Aston Villa Premier League

26 Dec, 17:30 Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur Premier League

28 Dec, 15:00 Manchester City v Aston Villa Premier League

January

2 Jan, 13:30 Chelsea v Aston Villa Premier League

5 Jan, 19:45 Aston Villa v Sunderland Premier League

16 Jan, 12:00 Birmingham City v Aston Villa Premier League

22 Jan, 17:30 Aston Villa v Manchester City Premier League

February

1 Feb, 20:00 Manchester United v Aston Villa Premier League

5 Feb, 15:00 Aston Villa v Fulham Premier League

I am predicting a minimum of 9 points - with defeats against Man City x 2, Man Utd, Chelsea & Spurs. We should be capable of beating Fulham at home and I am fancying draws away at Blues and Wigan plus draws against WBA and Sunderland. That would leave possibly leave us on 26 points after 26 games, which is very worrying!

The last 12 games would then be:

12 Feb, 15:00 Blackpool v Aston Villa Premier League

26 Feb, 15:00 Aston Villa v Blackburn Rovers Premier League

March

5 Mar, Bolton Wanderers v Aston Villa Premier League

19 Mar, Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Premier League

April

2 Apr, Everton v Aston Villa Premier League

9 Apr, Aston Villa v Newcastle United Premier League

16 Apr, West Ham United v Aston Villa Premier League

23 Apr, Aston Villa v Stoke City Premier League

30 Apr, West Bromwich Albion v Aston Villa Premier League

May

7 May, Aston Villa v Wigan Athletic Premier League

14 May, 15:00 Arsenal v Aston Villa Premier League

22 May, 16:00 Aston Villa v Liverpool Premier League

The optimist in me sees plenty of points from that lot. But we got a return of 8 points from the corresponding fixtures against those that were in our league last season. That leaves Blackpool away, WBA away & Newcastle home. You could argue that we would get maybe 5 points from that lot, added to the 8 points would only give us a further 13 points and a season total of 39.

If we have got only 30 points with 7 or 8 games to go I will be very concerned.

The statement is nothing but an attempt at fanning the flames and damage limitation

But its to late now, unless he gets us a decent run of results he's gone

Eh..

They want the statement to fan the flames?

The flames of what?

...because it's normal to release a direct statement to fans after an away loss, isn't it?

Wake up.

He's going nowhere and will be here building a vibrant new Villa playing the attractive football so many craved under O'Neill for at least the next 4 years. It may even get worse before it gets better, but he's 100% staying

Mark my words.

So either get behind him and the team you claim to love or give up on them and jump ship at the first sign of a blip.

Cos thems the facts.

I have a terrible feeling we'll fail to win on Saturday and against Wigan. People seem to be pinning all their hopes on these next two games but nothing I've seen in the last few games suggests we will win either. If that is indeed the case with Spurs, Man City and Chelsea to follow we will be nailed to the foot of the table come Jan 2nd.

He is on borrowed time and if we fail to win on Saturday he'll get that message loud and clear.

He's going nowhere and will be here building a vibrant new Villa playing the attractive football so many craved under O'Neill for at least the next 4 years. It may even get worse before it gets better, but he's 100% staying

Mark my words.

So either get behind him and the team you claim to love or give up on them and jump ship at the first sign of a blip.

Cos thems the facts.

Just like the 'facts' you chose to ignore on the 'poll' thread earlier when I quoted a post you made about the 'majority being kneejerkers'?

Yes, I'll take that with a pinch of salt.

Mark my words.

Cos thems the facts.

They're not facts, they're your opinion.

I have a terrible feeling we'll fail to win on Saturday and against Wigan. People seem to be pinning all their hopes on these next two games but nothing I've seen in the last few games suggests we will win either. If that is indeed the case with Spurs, Man City and Chelsea to follow we will be nailed to the foot of the table come Jan 2nd.

He is on borrowed time and if we fail to win on Saturday he'll get that message loud and clear.

To be honest - the way we defend - any team from the lower 2 divisions would give us a game.

Theres obviously problems in the camp, as the players don't seem on board with what he wants. The sideways pass last night was almost like the players saying 'this is what you told us to do Gerard'

Hes taking us down - I would sack him after wba beat us - and move smartly for a new manager - who then still has the whole of Jan to get some players in - However the key is making what we have perform - which GH clearly can not do.

We can't leave his dismissal beyond Saturday.

If we sack Houllier now we would have to:

Replace his coaching team and revise his scouting arrangements

Find a new manager

Agree terms with that new manager and his team

The new manager would have to fully assess the squad

Find out what areas need strengthening

Find available players

Scout those players to see if they are suitable for us/are willing to join

There are just over three weeks until the transfer window, it would be madness to replace Houllier now. What we need is stability.

We're not in the relegation zone yet, and there are some very bad teams below us. Let's save the hysterics until there is an actual crisis, and until then we should just get behind the team and hope that Houllier has got some kind of vision for the club.

Rather than staying calm and letting Houllier continue to ruin our club...

The club was here a long time before GH, and will remain so a long time after he has left. If we lose to West Brom AND Wigan, then we can start to ask questions, but can anyone honestly say they thought the side we were forced to put our against Liverpool was anywhere near capable of beating them?

The club was here a long time before GH, and will remain so a long time after he has left. If we lose to West Brom AND Wigan, then we can start to ask questions, but can anyone honestly say they thought the side we were forced to put our against Liverpool was anywhere near capable of beating them?

Your last point needs re-emphasising for some on here.

I expected a committed performance, I expected us to go there and create chances and show a desire to win.

What we got was a joke. No structure, no leadership, no will to win, little belief, little confidence.

It's not just Liverpool either. 4 defeats on the bounce!

Houllier out!

no,i dont think many did.but they didn't show any fight for this club, any team spirit or desire to even chalange.thats all down to the manager and the way he has them drilled..he himself hasn't got the drive for this club,or football outside of anfield imo.its not the loss last night,its the way we lost thats so worrying..

Â