Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

LancsVillan

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one HAS to be a win, no excuses for anything other than 3 points and a good performance. This is not Liverpool we're playing, it's West Brom, they suck.

Liverpool are hardly worldbeaters.

Just like Stoke, Blackburn, Newcastle and Sunderland...

If West Brom "suck" then we must "double suck" at the moment.

This is the first time (in how many years) that West Brom will actually approach this game genuinely thinking they can win it. We've had a hoodoo over them for so long - will that stand up on Saturday? It better had else GH really is out of the door.

I sincerely hope Dunne isn't asked to mark Odemwinge otherwise it could be a long afternoon...

If West Brom "suck" then we must "double suck" at the moment.

This is the first time (in how many years) that West Brom will actually approach this game genuinely thinking they can win it. We've had a hoodoo over them for so long - will that stand up on Saturday? It better had else GH really is out of the door.

I sincerely hope Dunne isn't asked to mark Odemwinge otherwise it could be a long afternoon...

agree with this.

if we win all good.

if we lose bye bye GH.

2 wins in 12 that would be. Terrible form.

if he wants to keep his job he needs 4 points minimum from wigan and west brom. I'd argue he needs all 6 though.

Watched most of the Baggies/Newcastle game on Sunday. They are playing well as a team, and some individuals, in particular Odemwingie, are in very decent form indeed. We will need to be on top of our game to get something from this. Can't imagine going into a Baggies game expecting anything but a win. So, come on Hou's new model army, let's get down to it.

Oh, BTW, I think Di Matteo has got the Baggies defence passing the ball around in the way Hou would like the Villa lads to do, but at which we have woefully failed so far. So, if they have a spare moment or two, our defence might just take a sneaky look to see how it's done.

2-1 villa. Downing and Gabby.

That's the spirit!!! I'll join you. 2-1 Villa, Downing and Bannan!

------------- Friedel --------------

Young Collins Cuellar Warnock

Albrighton Bannan Hogg Downing

--------------- Young -------------

--------------- Heskey ------------

Gabby & Ireland to come on late in the game.

Hopefully A. Young will be chomping at the bit to get back on the pitch, maybe he and the returning Heskey can give us a boost, Alby shouldnt have played on monday so hopefully he will be back to match fit on sat!!

A crowd pleasing 2-0 win - Downing and Heskey

Odemwingie might be missing. Let's hope so!

I'd bring Cuellar into the defence and then play Bannan, Young, Albrighton and Downing in midfield with Emily and Gabs up top. Might be a little weak in midfield though so perhaps we need Hogg in there for Bannan/Albrighton