• Downing
    • Ireland
    • Albrighton
    • Hogg
    • Agbonlahor
    • Delfouneso (for Clark 46)
    • Pires (for Albrighton 65)
    • Carew (for Agbonlahor 66)

That's because we had nothing else to do! Liverpool are a poor side but today we actually made Lucas play like a Brazillian! Collins is so bad it's shocking, why play a high line against strikers who have pace? Stood at the ground at the start I didn't buy into the optimism of Torres being out! I knew Babbel would trouble our defenders!

Hogg MOM. At least he had at them.

Friedel - let down by garbage defending, made a good save on the blast from Johnson, not really much to do otherwise

Young - was he even on the pitch, only showed up to make a needless hoof

Collins - way to man mark, also, are you a segway in disguise? Wait, those have a reasonable turning radius.

Dunne - ^

Warnock - shambolic mistake allowing them to win the corner for their 1st, granted Babel was offside for the 2nd but positioning didn't help

Clark - too slow and inexperienced to play in a midfield two against a fairly quick and aggressive side, made a decent tackle here or there, though

Hogg - wayward at first but a trier, really got into the game second half but had little help

Albrighton - look a touch short on fitness but was at least going for it, once again not enough help or supply

Downing - good little pass to Gabby for the chance, and got lots of balls in, but all wasted as either nobody in the box or collected by Reina

Ireland - might as well've not been there in the 1st, much improved in the second but still couldn't get the ball to our strikers

Gabby - frustratingly isolated and became progressively downtrodden, but shouldn't have been taken off, imo

Subs:

Delfouneso - Positive impact, but let down by poor supply

Pires - kept the ball well, but we didn't need composure when he came on, we needed people busting a gut to get the ball to our strikers

Carew - a little better, but still not good enough, should never be wide left in our half while we're in possesion

On the whole, too slow, too indecisive, too static.

-Lerner

please please either spend money on JOL and back him in Jan, or just sell us! you would make a proffit on what you paid for us anyway!

You been sniffing glue young man ??

noo :P he bought us for 60 mill, i meant that he could easily get that back :)

Sniff...

Well that's it I'm going up to wigan in 2 weeks. If they put in a performance like that over there they'll find me in the dressing room at half time to give them a kick up the arse as apparently Houllier is not that bothered :evil: anyone else?

Tonight was dreadful

Against the baggies on Saturday the fans have to use their voices to let Lerner and Houllier know that we are seriously pissed off.

The time has come to voice our opinion. If it is left until later in the season then it could well be too late.

Oh yeah good one, that will really help the players , just what we need...moron.

Anyway, those calling for Houllier to be sacked are idiots, we have many players out and he hasn't had a chance to bolster the squad yet.

Hogg, Ireland, Delfouneso and Downing were the only half decent Villa performances tonight...

Is the moron here the moron who cannot respond to a post without calling the poster a moron? Mmmm!

In a local derby at home you want the fans to turn on the board/players/manager. No I think it is you thats the moron pal...

Read the post properly if you are capable.

Don't you think Lerner and Houllier know we are pissed off with recent results? FFS give Houllier a chance he hasn't been here 5 minutes and he hasn't had a transfer window yet. We have obviously got severe injury problems...We need to give the players our support at matches.

I have never felt so low as a Villa fan. Even under the dark days of DOL I had hope that once Ellis was gone - we would be back where we belong.

But this club is going where Newcastle went. It might not be this season - but we will - this MIRRORS the years after the Euro Cup.

Managers told he needs to trim wages, manager walks, manager replaced with a lamb to the slaughter , Villa end up missing relegation by hairs breath , Villa are relegated !.

The hope was at 5% , then with the announcement "Jol leaves Ajax" the rest went - coz that proves we were lied to. We didn't try to get "the best man" we went for "the cheapest man"

And here we are - stuffed again, the manager playing ultra defensive until its too late, and every player looking bereft of idea, confidence, belief and the worst of all GUTS !.

The Fonz and Downing are spared for at least trying - the rest (bar Freidal who was OK) were an utter disgrace !

Its as simple as that !

Oh - one other thing - I said to the general after Blues - I am gobsmacked that the Villa fans haven't chanted MON's name yet - well I am pretty sure it happened tonight - it definately said martin

It was either

We want Martin back , or , we want Martin Jol - but I think it was the first !

Lifelong Villa van living in Swansea so don't see many games except TV. Tonight was a shambles although a few players,Downing in particular did okay. In the 67thmin. of the game Hollier rose to his feet took a couple of steps forward,mumbled something turned and sat down again,he looked as if he didn't want to be anywhere near Anfield especially as our manager. I believe our board made a huge mistake in appointing him.Randy should cut his losses right now and get rid.There is one outstanding manager out there who we should break heaven and earth to get to our ailing club,his name Slaven Bilic,just take a look at his international record with Croatia,now there's a guy with fire in his belly.

P W D L Win%

Croatia 1 August 2006 Present 48 34 10 4 70.83

oh and gareth southgate is spot on - the senior players are just looking after themselves - they look they are sulking and that they aren't happy for whatever reason.. worrying but he is right imo.

I agree. The kids need guidance from the senior players, but the old heads haven't stepped up to the plate at all. I hope we can bring in about 3 good players in Jan to steady the ship, then have a bit of a clear out next summer (hopefully still in the prem - we are in big trouble if we keep playing like this).

We MUST get a striker and a 'thou shalt not pass' midfielder in Jan.

I think it's important we don't judge GH too soon. These are not 'his' players and we've been hit by bad injuries. Give him time to buy some players who are good enough to play 'his' way and see how we go next season. If we are struggling this time next year, then fair enough, look at something else. I just think it will take time and money to get the players who can fulfil his vision. Given time, I think GH WILL get it right...I've more confidence in his philosophy than MON's.

Where the hell has the fire and the motivation gone from this side? We weren't always brilliant under MON, but at least we ALWAYS fought to the very last breath. The last couple of games we've just seemed half hearted, listless, like nobody on the pitch gives a shit what happens. Not one of them looked like they had any pride in playing for the club tonight, not one of them had even an ounce of passion. Disgusted, not just with the performance but with the attitude and application.

Where the hell has the fire and the motivation gone from this side? We weren't always brilliant under MON, but at least we ALWAYS fought to the very last breath. The last couple of games we've just seemed half hearted, listless, like nobody on the pitch gives a shit what happens. Not one of them looked like they had any pride in playing for the club tonight, not one of them had even an ounce of passion. Disgusted, not just with the performance but with the attitude and application.
I agree with you about the lack of motivation in the side but we weren't always determined under MON either. 7-1 anybdy? Let's not kid ourselves here - there was no passion tonight but it's not like there weren't games under MON where that was the case as well.

Â