SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

To me it looks like a move to villa or abroad - don't see anyone else in the running.

Bit of brinksmanship - we desparatley need a winger - and wigan need the £10m - both will explore the options - us other players - wigan other buyers - I d say they are more Nzobia types - that wigan have potential buyers - this looks set to rumble on for another couple of weeks at least.

Charlie plays like ash and is a match winner, not saying he is as good but a similar style. Vargas is like downing, but is more than an average footballer with one pace setting who can cross. Vargas started as a left back too so if needed we could fit albrighton, Charlie and juan in the same team. I say get it done. Along with Parker, given, Hutton and a striker I think we'd all be delighted.

Charlie plays like ash and is a match winner, not saying he is as good but a similar style. Vargas is like downing, but is more than an average footballer with one pace setting who can cross. Vargas started as a left back too so if needed we could fit albrighton, Charlie and juan in the same team. I say get it done. Along with Parker, given, Hutton and a striker I think we'd all be delighted.

Downing once pace setting? :lol:

Or one? He has a burst over a yard but not exactly explosive, any decent full back sticks close and doesn't give him space. With Carroll on deaths door for most of season, his crosses won't mean much. Also Gerrard crocker, Adam barely moves, they aren't gonna have a pacey midfield are they? We are better off rid and get N'zog for half the price would be fantastic!

Bicks i don't think Liverpool got a bargin, they have got a very good player but they have payed good money for him.

Our player of the year last year (imo at least) with two years on his contract goes for just above what we got for Ashley Young with 1 year left on his contract (who wasn't as good as Downing last year), they got a bargain

He was our POTS imo too but its not far off what we got for Milner who is/was better for us in the season that he left than Downing was last year. Young has always been rated higher tbh mate, hence why he's gone to Man U. I don't think you can ever call £18m a bargin. We got a very good deal with Bent imo but its never going to be a bargin. You get the quality you have payed for.

ThePeoplesGroup The People's Group

Moyes to members of keioc at bury “no players coming in no players going out, we've got no money” asked about Nzogbia he said “I wish!”

I know they're trying to sell Yakubu to Leicester for 4 mil and Yobo hasn't gone with the team to America just to make some money to fund a deal maybe?

Or one? He has a burst over a yard but not exactly explosive, any decent full back sticks close and doesn't give him space. With Carroll on deaths door for most of season, his crosses won't mean much. Also Gerrard crocker, Adam barely moves, they aren't gonna have a pacey midfield are they? We are better off rid and get N'zog for half the price would be fantastic!

typo ;)

I'd call him explosive. Very quick over 10-15 yards.

Anyway, hope we get N'Zogbia signed up soon, always liked him.

Aston Villa have given Charles N’Zogbia an ultimatum as Alex McLeish fears the star may mess him around for a second successive summer.

Mirror Sport reported on June 27 Villa boss McLeish wanted to replace Liverpool-bound Stewart Downing with Wigan winger N’Zogbia.

Villa have followed up their interest in the Frenchman with a £10million bid after selling Downing for £20m last week.

But N’Zogbia, 25, is yet to make up his mind on joining the Midlands club, who are offering him around £50,000-a-week.

Wigan are also holding out for other clubs to table even bigger bids and N’Zogbia thinks he could get more wages elsewhere.

So with Villa in limbo over their primary summer transfer target, club officials have told N’Zogbia to make his mind up quickly.

And in the meantime, Villa have deliberately started looking at other transfer options in case N’Zogbia slips through their grasp.

Ex-Birmingham chief McLeish has previous with the Wigan winger who upped his personal terms last summer when Brum had agreed a deal.

That collapsed at the last-minute and McLeish is anxious to avoid a similar scenario with the new season fast approaching.

Now in charge of Villa, McLeish wants to wrap up N’Zogbia’s transfer quickly before his new squad fly out on Saturday to Hong Kong on pre-season tour.

The signing of keeper Shay Given,35, from Man City on a three-year contract has been finalised and will be announced today.

But Villa’s chances of luring Scott Parker, 30, from West Ham appear to be receding.

Villa are willing to pay £7m for the midfield dynamo but he would prefer to stay in London and Chelsea are favourites to get him on loan after Michael Essien’s injury.

The Mirror

If this Mirror story is true, and I strongly disbelieve it is, simply because it's a crap red top paper, I wouldn't blame Villa for taking this stance. Get the deal done by Saturday or move on. N'Zogbia will not get a better offer than Villa. Take it, quickly, or we'll move on and he'll have to take his chances with midtable teams next year when he's on a free. The league might be a different place by then with the Likes of Everton well out of the picture. I want him to sign, but I also don't want Wigan or Charlie boy to play silly buggers.

If this Mirror story is true, and I strongly disbelieve it is, simply because it's a crap red top paper, I wouldn't blame Villa for taking this stance. Get the deal done by Saturday or move on. N'Zogbia will not get a better offer than Villa. Take it, quickly, or we'll move on and he'll have to take his chances with midtable teams next year when he's on a free. The league might be a different place by then with the Likes of Everton well out of the picture. I want him to sign, but I also don't want Wigan or Charlie boy to play silly buggers.

Move on to who?

Theres simply not an abundance of wingers with Prem experience available.

We desperately need one - wed be best just coughing up here.

However if N'Zogbia himself doesnt want to come here it really would be quite embarrasing.