SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

Pay the £10m Wigan want, sign him up and move on. The club has a massive rebuilding job on its hands.

Why though? they accepted £9mil from sha in January, his contract is now shorter and he did very little in those six months to justify a hike in transfer fee's

Wigan are taking the piss, move on

You honestly think we're in a position to just 'move on'?? For the sake of an extra million quid when we've just fleeced Liverpool out of alot of money, it's crazy, if we don't get this guy(French international with proven Prem experience) who do you suggest we go for???

Pay the £10m Wigan want, sign him up and move on. The club has a massive rebuilding job on its hands.

Why though? they accepted £9mil from sha in January, his contract is now shorter and he did very little in those six months to justify a hike in transfer fee's

You honestly think we're in a position to just 'move on'?? For the sake of an extra million quid when we've just fleeced Liverpool out of alot of money, it's crazy, if we don't get this guy(French international with proven Prem experience) who do you suggest we go for???

a) we didn't fleece Liverpool, in fact I think they got a bargain

B) I expect us to have a plan B, don't you?

To be fair, he did score a fair few goals in Wigan's run in last season (5 in 6, something like that?).....undeniably the key player that kept them in the Premier League - think he probably has justified the rise in value.

Plan B? I remain to be convinced that the Board and it's various management teams over the last 12 months didn't even have a plan A!! It's been a terrible 12 months and time to see the action we were promsed.

Plan B? I remain to be convinced that the Board and it's various management teams over the last 12 months didn't even have a plan A!! It's been a terrible 12 months and time to see the action we were promsed.

No doubt they make shit up as they go along, clueless.

No doubt they make shit up as they go along, clueless.

Bit like your posts then!!

Bicks i don't think Liverpool got a bargin, they have got a very good player but they have payed good money for him.

a) we didn't fleece Liverpool, in fact I think they got a bargain

On point a) We'll need to agree to disagree as I don't think Downing is worth anywhere near £20m, I really took to him last season as he put in some great performances and got some important goals but he's just too one-footed for my liking and an intelligent full-back has no excuses IMO.

On point B) Well, yeah, I would like to think so but I guess the whole point of a plan b is that it's a step down from plan a and we have no idea what that second option might be. If plan b is SWP/McGeady/Etherington.....etc, then I would rather pay a bit extra for N'zogbia. I don't think wanting £10m for N'Zogbia is taking the piss when we've got the best part of £40m for Young and Downing IMO.

Bicks i don't think Liverpool got a bargin, they have got a very good player but they have payed good money for him.

Our player of the year last year (imo at least) with two years on his contract goes for just above what we got for Ashley Young with 1 year left on his contract (who wasn't as good as Downing last year), they got a bargain

Our player of the year last year (imo at least) with two years on his contract goes for just above what we got for Ashley Young with 1 year left on his contract (who wasn't as good as Downing last year), they got a bargain

Agreed.

I am pretty sure the final fee will be anything from 11 - 12.5M. Which is OK given our recent sale of Stewart Downing who was worth 16M tops.

If Downing was our entire summer budget would you think the same?

Agreed.

Disagreed. They paid the going rate for an above average English winger who they had mercilessly tapped up and had admitted stood out with his consistency in a terribly inconsistent team.

Bargain he most certainly was not.

He had a better season than Ash, granted. I would bet my soul on Ash having the much better career.

I am pretty sure the final fee will be anything from 11 - 12.5M. Which is OK given our recent sale of Stewart Downing who was worth 16M tops.
I have a sneaking suspicion N'Zogbia will go to Everton for £10m - the issue for him may be that he doesn't want to leave the North West.

I also think Downing was worth every penny of his £20m but remain to be convinced McLeish will see the colour of all that money.

I'll be happier than anyone else if I'm wrong about all this.

I have a sneaking suspicion N'Zogbia will go to Everton for £10m - the issue for him may be that he doesn't want to leave the North West.

I also think Downing was worth every penny of his £20m but remain to be convinced McLeish will see the colour of all that money.

I'll be happier than anyone else if I'm wrong about all this.

He wont be going to Everton, most of Everton's assets are defenders and they need to sell before they can buy anyone (and therefore replace said player too), the £2.5mil they got from the sale of Vaughn isn't going to come close