• Downing
    • A Young
    • Bannan
    • Hogg
    • Agbonlahor
    • Ireland (for Bannan 72)
    • Delfouneso (for Warnock 90)
    • Pires (for Hogg 90)

I thought Ashley Young had a decent game.

chumps of the game was the defence, specially Luke Young, i feel like i have been singling him out recently but i really cant see any strengths in him. He's shit defending and doesnt offer much going forward in the final third. Plus he cant pass for toffee. Last few games i would be interested in see stats on his pass coz he always seems to kick the ball out of play.

Gabby played well but ended up on the left too much in the 1st half. He was putting crosses in for nobody.

Friedle had another 50/50 game, could have done better on their goal but made a couple good stops

We are definately missing experience in CM today, even sidwell would have made a world of difference to our team.

I knew it was going to be hard till new year but this result just makes the up coming games more depressing.

Houllier will come good, just hope he gets the time to prove it.

UTV!

Houllier's style of play and Warnock cost us the second goal imo

i haven't seen it on the tele since, but from when i was down there it seemed there goal came about 20 seconds after a free-kick in a dangerous position for us, and rather than throwing the ball into the box we decided to p1ss about with it with a short free-kick and tippy tappy passing - resulting in us losing possession, recovering it then Warnock giving it away again

completely avoidable if we had just thrown it in there and hoped for the best, p1ssed off in the extreme

Extremely disappointing that a solid defence from last year now looks like one I could score against

I've gotta pull you up on this Richard , that was the same back 4 that played away at Chelsea and got promtly hammered 7-1 . Our defence has been shakey for some time not just this season .

Friedel - 4 - Very lucky to have gotten away with throwing the ball over his own line.

Young - 7 - Did well defended well and got forward when possible

Dunne - 2 - Shite.

Collins - 4 - Slightly better than Dunne but still poor

Warnock - 4- Awful. Positionally poor, didn't get round on the cover and offered little attacking threat.

Clarke - 5 - Anoymous

Hogg - 6 - did some hard work. not sure what to make of him

Downing - 7- Did well but his final ball was poor too many times.

Bannan -7- was on the periphery in the first half but got into it in the second. It was a shame he had to come off.

Young - 3 - Another poor display. Poor crossing and he thinks he's alot better than he is.

Gabby - 8 - Took his goal well and did his best. Needs a playing partner up front, he's not a good lone striker for team we have at the moment.

Overall - We had all the possession and played like the home team but we are toothless up front and a shambles at the back. The Jury's still out on Ged.

Young definitely thinks he is better than he is at the moment - he swans about doing what he wants playing in what position he wants, he needs someone to tell him to stop p1ssing about and get back in a proper position (preferably on the wing)

Extremely disappointing that a solid defence from last year now looks like one I could score against

I've gotta pull you up on this Richard , that was the same back 4 that played away at Chelsea and got promtly hammered 7-1 . Our defence has been shakey for some time not just this season .

But up until that point we had the best defence in the league.

Since we aren't winning anything this year anyways, time to start Guzan and see if he's our keeper of the future. Dunne and Collins were FREAKING TERRIBLE.

Start Cuellar and Clark once someone is healthy to replace Clark in the midfield.

Really disappointed by some of the garbage sitting by me tonight. I hope it's not a representative cross-section of Villa fans. Some real trash.

What were they saying or doing Yankee? during the match or after?

Cheering when stewards got hit by/knocked out/bleeding from seats thrown at them. Some obscene language and comments during the full 90 mins. The morons trying to break anything. Maybe it's an alcohol problem not a people problem....but it was embarassing.

Since we aren't winning anything this year anyways, time to start Guzan and see if he's our keeper of the future. Dunne and Collins were FREAKING TERRIBLE.

Start Cuellar and Clark once someone is healthy to replace Clark in the midfield.

Really disappointed by some of the garbage sitting by me tonight. I hope it's not a representative cross-section of Villa fans. Some real trash.

What were they saying or doing Yankee? during the match or after?

Cheering when stewards got hit by/knocked out/bleeding from seats thrown at them. Some obscene language and comments during the full 90 mins. The morons trying to break anything. Maybe it's an alcohol problem not a people problem....but it was embarassing.

Ive been disappointed with Villa fans like this before.

Grown men with kids calling Villa players words removed etc.

Its not on.

Yeah I think it would be mostly down to drink, I seen them all standing outside the Manor Tavern around 3pm so some were drinking early.....I can't say for sure that they were going to the match though, but it was defo a bunch of fans.

Drinking 4-5 hours before a game and the type of game it was also adds to the mix....Not called for, but we all know how drink changes some people.

Felt Ged got it wrong again. Ash in the middle and Bannan on the right was just wrong wrong wrong!

Friedel was decent only. Made a mistake for second goal (that wasn't given) and now needs to be replaced. McGregor in January please. Age catches up with everybody. Foster showed what a keeper in his prime can do for a team.

Young. I thought he played well.

Dunne. Poor.

Collins. For me, poorer than Dunne. What is he doing letting the ball bounce and consistently outmuscled by Carthorse Jerome.

Warnock. I thought he had a decent game.

Bannan. Okay BUT played out of position.

Clark. Did a reasonable job given he is also out of position and has a lot of composure on the ball. Will be a classy CB but will need a Laursen type alongside to deal with the big lumps.

Hogg. Had a good game. Solid and involved. Difficult to say he did anything great but also couldn't say he made any mistakes. Not sure what I think of him.

Downing. Okay. Always looks our most threatening creative for me. I would still like to see him play more centrally.

Ash. If he was half as good as he thinks he is I wouldn't mind him wearing that Snood! For £18m I would sell tomorrow and bring in N'Zogbia and Bentley.

Gabby. Did well. Great goal and looks dangerous every time he gets the ball. SO glad to have him back. Not sure why he is getting dragged out wide so much though. If we are going to play the 4-5-1 he needs to spend more time centrally.

firstly - anyone calling for GH's head should grow up. Its not his team, so give him a chance.

Sorry, but it is his team. He accepted when he came to VP that he would be working largely with the existing squad.

He is the manager, we look to him to get results, it's as simple as that - there isn't anyone else to take responsibility. That's what managers are for.

The counterpoint is - if we were winning lots of matches, would you be scolding people who praised GH? Because it's "not his squad"?

Sorry, but it is his team. He accepted when he came to VP that he would be working largely with the existing squad.

That's not entirely true is it, it's not as though half the squad was already injured when he took up the post.

horribile losing to that scum but ive took it better than i thought i would to be fair.

we had all the possession just didnt create nothing with it and we ended up getting punished :(

one thing were missing since MON went is that were no longer hard to beat, he set us up to be hard to beat now we've lost that, its all very well playing this nice football and having all this possession but when ur doing nothing with it and looking vunerable at the back its no good.

Hogg was MOTM for me closely followed by gabby.

what a embarrasment there fans were running on the pitch to celebrate beating us and getting to a semi final shows how small time they are, they have achieved nothing. Also there not the brightest lot are they, well we knew that already but all the trouble they caused has just taken the gloss off there win, but as i say there not the brightest bunch.

Thank god we play them in little over a month and im sure it will be a better organised houllier side by then. give him time.

Gabby is probably drifting wide cus Young is a selfish tw*t that spends too much time in the middle

Gabby was drifting wide to pull their defenders out.

The objective is to get Ashley or our other central players more space to create something. It fails for two reasons, and they are Ashley is useless in that central position, and our Midfield are two slow in supporting, hence the Ball gets passed back, instead of forward.

Carew should of been used to batter their two central defenders, since they dominated.

Houllier has a lot of thinking to do.

im actually confident going to teh sty in january on taht performance we didnt play particualrly well and still caused them major problems even without a full team. come january, stan, nrc, delph, heskey amd albrighton will be back, in addition maybe a few signings so i really think we will get our revenge back at that shithole

I actually thought minus the defence we played well! Hogg I dont think gave the ball away once, he just keeps it simple.

Thought the kids handled an intimidating occasion very well. Lets hope that the powers that be, do not entrust to much hope in them, and they decide they can save a few bob.

That squad needs reinvestment, and it needs to be done quickly.

the quicker carlos is put back in the defence the better,dunne form has been poor this season, i think luke young has been poor too & i was one of those who wanted ly back at rb, bannan on the right looked wrong,& i have to say as a big ash young fan ,wtf ash! you wont sign a contract as you are focused on your football..? AGAIN ALL SIZZLE NO SAUSAGE.

Â