• Downing
    • A Young
    • Bannan
    • Hogg
    • Agbonlahor
    • Ireland (for Bannan 72)
    • Delfouneso (for Warnock 90)
    • Pires (for Hogg 90)

some villa fans are proper rocket polishers too, do the idiots at the back not realise that the seats thrown were hitting our own fans on the back of the head?

Most likely, just wanted an excuse to rip apart the sty...idiots

I'm sorry but we got it absolutely spot on tonight. WE know it, they know it.

My brother, who is a bluenoses and was there tonight, sent me a text straight after this game saying......

"Not gloating, but unlucky"

That completely says something. We absolutely played them off the park. In fact, we didn't play them off the park, they weren't even playing. We are actually playing football and it's amazing.

GH needs to sign a few players to make this squad "his". And when he does, I'm fully confident that we will be a brilliant side.

So proud of the Villa tonight. So proud that we actually tired to play football against these scummers. It will turn out right... wait til next year.

Not long back.

For all our possession we created what two good chances - the goal and the Ireland shot/Young follow up. They were shite, had half our possession and scored two goals, had what it now seems was a good goal disallowed and both Jerome and Zigic had very good chances in the first half.

Whether we should have started two up top is debatable. What became very apparent early in the second half though was that for all the possession we were having Gabby was very isolated and found himself out wide on numerous occasions with no one in support. We should have gone two up top and brought Delfouneso on for either Bannan or Hogg and pushed Ash out wide and gone 4-4-2. Why the **** Ireland and not Delfouneso came on for Bannan is anyone's guess. Its staggering to think that Delfouneso didn't come on until 91 mins and for some strange reason Pires. Collins then went up front when surely for all his faults Carew is a better option up front for the last 5 mins than Collins who actually gave away two stupid free kicks when he did go up top and helped Sha run down the clock.

Defending again shite. Since Houllier came we are trying to play our way out from the back even when under pressure and its leading to indecision as the defenders are looking two steps ahead at who to pass to instead of either **** it out or clearing their lines and hoofing it forward. It may not be pretty but boy at times its needed and its **** effective.

We need to go back to getting the basics right defensively. Going forward we desperately need to go two up top as more often than not be it Gabby, Carew, Heskey or Delfounso when up top on their own they are being left isolated meaning all our possession is pointless as we are toothless.

Well said Pieface.

And well done to all the Villa fans smashing the chairs, toilets and generally destroying things. Congratulations for sinking to their level.

Exactly. They caused 10k of damage the first time back to vp in a while and got away with it. No reason to trash their place. Plus 10k would get them a new stand.

Houllier out - 1 up front - boring and ineffective!

We played 2 upfront. :?

Gabby up front, Ash, Clark, Hogg, Bannan, Downing in the mid, Young Collins Dunne and Warnock in the back? Not sure where 2 up front comes from there. Unless your making a smart ass remark and it just initialty went over my head.

Gabby up front, Ash, Clark, Hogg, Bannan, Downing in the mid, Young Collins Dunne and Warnock in the back? Not sure where 2 up front comes from there. Unless your making a smart ass remark and it just initialty went over my head.

You'd be pushing to say Young was a midfielder, probably the most attacking, further forward midfielder I've seen!

he played far more of a second striker rather than a midfielder.

disgusting result. I've just got back.

dunne is so out of form its a joke how he gets in the team. Warnock was injured hobbling around for like 10 mins before the blues winner. which came down the right flank. Why didn't he come off before that?

I'm sure I saw Carew getting stripped off. I think he took too long getting his kit off so frenchman thought "**** him" and put on Pires.

Youngs delivery was absolute garbage all night.

Thought Hogg did a good job especially in 2nd half.

Agbonlahor was class. you could see Blues shitting themselves everytime he got the ball.

Frenchman has got to get his P45 in the morning. He's phucked up all the brilliant foundations Martin O'Neill has dug in.

The mentality's gone.

The defenders are shitting it.

The double detention training sessions have crippled half the squad.

most important - he's hardly got any results.

This rocket polisher is on 8 million a year. Pires is on 30k a week.

I'd rather watch George Graham's team win shit than Tony Mowbary's team "make friends"

This is a black day in our history. I feel sick I'm so disgusted. Scum frenchman out! How can anyone defend this mercenary? do you really like watching one touch passing on your own 18 yard box? suicide.

I can't see where the next win is comming from. frenchman out!

Disappointing result although it was a competent away performance.

I have defended Dunne all season but he was abysmal, abysmal, abysmal. He looked like he was pissed off to have to be out playing in the cold, put in so many half-arsed challenges and kept on doing tame headers that bounced front and square outside our penalty area.

Personally, I think it's time for Houllier to have a bit more faith in our forwards and play two of them at once. It's once thing for Gabby to head out wide left and cross it in, but we need someone on the end of those crosses.

And why did two of our players get yellow cards for dissent in the 2nd half and the likes of Ridgewell were screaming at the lino in the first and not even a word from the ref?

The telly said Ash was suspended now for the Liverpool game - maybe this will force Houllier's hand with the striker situation.

You'd be pushing to say Young was a midfielder, probably the most attacking, further forward midfielder I've seen!

he played far more of a second striker rather than a midfielder.

Touche

Utter utter bollocks, can we have new keeper and back four PLUS someone to get in the box to take a chance....

Strange, cuz the back four was our strength last year....how do you explain the huge dip in form of the whole back line?

Utter utter bollocks, can we have new keeper and back four PLUS someone to get in the box to take a chance....

Strange, cuz the back four was our strength last year....how do you explain the huge dip in form of the whole back line?

Well our defence has been shit pretty much since we were raped at Chelsea last season. Coincidence?

I think not. That was the day Luke Young came back into the team at right-back, in place of Cuellar.

Cuellar is our best defender by far. He reads the game well, heads it well, tackles well. Basically everything a defender needs. Only thing he can't do is pass it. I hope Dunne gets sent off soon so he has to be replaced by someone, then if all goes to plan. Cuellar comes in, plays well and Dunne never gets back in the team.

Worst possible game to lose. Amateurish mistakes in defense. Nobody able to create a goal. AARRRRGGGHHH !!!!!!

On the other hand, a midfield 4 of Downing, Bannan, Clark, and Hogg has an average age of about 13 and dominated the match. Houllier is playing them, MON would not. Houllier obviously prefers the pairing of Dunne and Collins, and it does appear to be shaky, but it was MON's preferred partnership as well.

Gutted, but still think we are moving in the right direction. I don't like the results. No villa fan can. But I still see signs of hope.

I agree with you srsmithusa - it is a bitter, bitter pill, but we have to swallow it for now I think.

That said, I don't have to co-exist in my community with those awful, vile, disgusting creatures called Blues fans. All I can say is I sympathise but can't imagine what it must be like to have your life endangered simply going to a footy match :(

firstly - anyone calling for GH's head should grow up. Its not his team, so give him a chance.

secondly, I love the fact that Ash is suspended for Liverpool. Hopefully we can now play 2 proper strikers upfront, in a 442 and give it a good go. Gabby can work the wings (which he does very well) and he will know Fonz is in the middle waiting to tap it home, rather than Ash who will dick about with the ball on the edge of the box then put in a massively overhit cross 10 yards over the cross bar.

Brad

Luke - Cueller - Clark - Warnock

Bannan - Ireland - Hogg - Downing

Gabby - Fonz

firstly - anyone calling for GH's head should grow up. Its not his team, so give him a chance.

secondly, I love the fact that Ash is suspended for Liverpool. Hopefully we can now play 2 proper strikers upfront, in a 442 and give it a good go. Gabby can work the wings (which he does very well) and he will know Fonz is in the middle waiting to tap it home, rather than Ash who will dick about with the ball on the edge of the box then put in a massively overhit cross 10 yards over the cross bar.

Brad

Gabby - Fonz

+1 as well

Brad

Gabby - Fonz

I'm not sure if wee Bannan will be playing the next match, from what I seen he pointed to his groin when he came off....Not sure if he pulled something, but he wasn't running that well in the last few minutes before he came off.

Â