R.I.C.O.

Finish place?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Finish place?

• Champions League Place: 1-4
    • Fighting for Europa League: 5 - 8
    • Midtableness: 9 - 14
    • Battling not to use the 'R' word: 15th and down

We have won 2 premier league games under Houllier. We are absolute push overs away from home - and have dropped more when ahead than any other team. Houllier seems to command zero respect from players - there seems no pattern or style to the team - players are getting injured at the rate of two a week - Im off the fence - GH is fast becoming a disastrous appointment - really hope Randy dumps him next May.

14th for me.

Oh my word.

smetrov, i take it your not a villa fan, but instead some rival supporter trying to get a response to your negative outburst, because even the most thick villa supporter can see that this season this is going to be a up and down season with regards to performences and results.

We have won 2 premier league games under Houllier. We are absolute push overs away from home - and have dropped more when ahead than any other team. Houllier seems to command zero respect from players - there seems no pattern or style to the team - players are getting injured at the rate of two a week - Im off the fence - GH is fast becoming a disastrous appointment - really hope Randy dumps him next May.

14th for me.

Oh my word.

Just what i was thinking :lol:

I expected that comment from smetrov.. he is known for blaming GH since the day he signed the contract so nothing new there.

smetrov, i take it your not a villa fan, but instead some rival supporter trying to get a response to your negative outburst, because even the most thick villa supporter can see that this season this is going to be a up and down season with regards to performences and results.

Where are the ups ? - Beating Blackpool at home ?

And why should that be the case - we are all talking here as if no other manager have ever taken over team once the season commenced ?

Does it not concern you that the manager at times doesn't where Carew is ? - or know when Carlos Cuellar is going to be fit - or even what the problem is ?

Does it not concern you when a senior pro can not even attend a game because of a virus - but then is well enough to be out with his mates at 2am in the morning ?

Where are the ups ? - Beating Blackpool at home ?

And why should that be the case - we are all talking here as if no other manager have ever taken over team once the season commenced ?

Does it not concern you that the manager at times doesn't where Carew is ? - or know when Carlos Cuellar is going to be fit - or even what the problem is ?

Does it not concern you when a senior pro can not even attend a game because of a virus - but then is well enough to be out with his mates at 2am in the morning ?

Beating, Wolves, Burnley, Blackpool, Blackburn are obviously the up's.

Performances against Chelsea, Man United, Tottenham, Fulham were also good displays, especially the latter three.

Also, what are you on about?

Houllier not knowing where Carew is....or when Cuellar is fit? :?

Also, that's Ireland's decision not Houllier's....Ireland has a history of doing some strange things, but of course, that's Houllier's fault. :lol:

Just picking up on those 'ups' of Houlliers reign...

IMO..

Against Wolves we were for pretty decent periods second best and snatched victory.

Burnley we were pretty shit.

Blackpool had vast swathes, first half especially, where we were bollocks. Blackpool being camped in our half is a sight I'll not forget in a hurry, especially as we had absolutely no clue what to do about it it seemed.

The first Blackburn win we also seemed to grasp from the jaws of disappointment.

Bearing that in mind I'm not that impressed.

IMO..

Against Wolves we were for pretty decent periods second best and snatched victory.

Blackpool had vast swathes, first half especially, where we were bollocks. Blackpool being camped in our half is a sight I'll not forget in a hurry, especially as we had absolutely no clue what to do about it it seemed.

The first Blackburn win we also seemed to grasp from the jaws of disappointment.

Okay, what are the downs then....because you could just counter the downs with a whole load of things and then at the end say 'bearing that in mind, I'm pretty impressed'....depends how you want to look at things.

The only league game we have looked like winning this season was the first game against wet spam. The rest have been fingers crossed and a prayer.

Man United...Blackpool we didn't play well but deserved to win. Fulham, deserved to win and had the chances too. Was 20 seconds away. Chelsea, had several great chances. Tottenham, were excellent on the break and I think we could of won had Heskey not been injured early on.

The only league game we have looked like winning this season was the first game against wet spam. The rest have been fingers crossed and a prayer.

Man United...Blackpool we didn't play well but deserved to win. Fulham, deserved to win and had the chances too. Was 20 seconds away. Chelsea, had several great chances. Tottenham, were excellent on the break and I think we could have won had Heskey not been injured early on.

Can't get anywhere on 'might have beens'. Man Utd = we didn't win, Blackpool = we won but we were lucky and they were better, Fulham = we didn't win, Chelsea = we didn't win, Tottenham = we didn't win.

Of all the games mentioned we only won 1.

IMO..

Okay, what are the downs then....because you could just counter the downs with a whole load of things and then at the end say 'bearing that in mind, I'm pretty impressed'....depends how you want to look at things.

Well the thing is, for me, it's not just that I'm looking to put down the wins... I can think of about 3 genuinely good performances so far. Other than that, asides a few upsides like the arrival of Albrighton (how much you can lay that success at Houlliers door is debatable), it's been pretty universally mediocre at best.

I haven't seen much to be enthused about. I'm not that impressed by passing a bit more.

Still just my opinion. Others will disagree.

You take the first 4 choice centre midfielders from any team they will struggle. Look at Chelsea, they are shite without Lampard and Essien. So not only is this not Houlliers squad, 70% of it is **** injured. If you dont realise of undeerstand that your a **** idiot.

Are the injuries just unlucky or are they at least in part caused by the new regimes training schedule? This many big injuries is pretty unprecedented I think, and they've all come rather quickly.

I'm of the line of thought that tends to think that these injuries are not just a case of bad luck, they're bad luck coupled to the training change, too much too soon?

Too much too soon? The team needed it.

Don't you remember what Lampard said last season...They knew we would tire in the second half....Which was what we did most of last season.....Since they've had that new training the team have been running right until the final whistle.

Yes we've lost goals late on, but it's not because we've been tired.

IMO..

Well the thing is, for me, it's not just that I'm looking to put down the wins... I can think of about 3 genuinely good performances so far. Other than that, asides a few upsides like the arrival of Albrighton (how much you can lay that success at Houlliers door is debatable), it's been pretty universally mediocre at best.

I haven't seen much to be enthused about. I'm not that impressed by passing a bit more.

Still just my opinion. Others will disagree.

Okay but I'll give you three. Man United, Fulham, Tottenham. Two of which, we concede late goals in games we should of won. The other Tottenham, we had enough chances to win the game and also the story of our season, an injury killed us when Heskey on fire at the time, had to come off for who at the time, in dire form, Carew.

Results aren't great but performances have been decent, I can't think of a game yet I've watched and thought 'we deserved to lose that'. Under Houllier anyway. Games like Newcastle are performances I'd be worried about. Not today. The reason we lost is because we got done by two set-peices, which isn't surprising when your forced to play a side pretty much all under 6 ft, apart 2/3,

Â