R.I.C.O.

Finish place?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Finish place?

• Champions League Place: 1-4
    • Fighting for Europa League: 5 - 8
    • Midtableness: 9 - 14
    • Battling not to use the 'R' word: 15th and down

If we had a goalscorer like Drogba or Torres (on form Torres) we would be in the top three. No goals - no chance.

That's basically the problem and has been the same for years and years.

We are wasting our time until this part of the team is sorted but the excuses are easy to find when it saves you money, January not the right time/Summer who will come to the Villa and round and round we go.

We're all gonna die!!!!

In other news I've decided I don't like being pointlessly negative, so I'll stay quiet.

Current squad + Top Clinical striker + Top Ball winning midfielder = Successful times at Villa.

10th (utterly average).

but then again it all depends on how the next 3 league games go, as we are now seeing a bit more of a divide between top and bottom half of the table in terms of points.

Arsenal

Liverpool

West Brom

5 points would be great.

We're all gonna die!!!!

In other news I've decided I don't like being pointlessly negative, so I'll stay quiet.

Current squad + Top Clinical striker + Top Ball winning midfielder = Successful times at Villa.

Totally Agree.

With:

Bannan,

Downing,

Young,

Albrighton

A couple of signings in the positions you mentioned and that is a hell of a decent team.

If we had a goalscorer like Drogba or Torres (on form Torres) we would be in the top three. No goals - no chance.

totally agree, we've been waiting for such a player for so many years..

Yeah but now we have a new manager. The last one never signed a prolific striker in his entire managerial career

Arsenal 1 point

Plop 1 point

Oylbiun 3 points

Would be a food return, two wins and a loss would be good, as long as the loss wasn't to the Boggies!

The fixtures haven't been kind to us either.

Why can't we of had Liverpool when we played Chelsea and Chelsea when were due to play Liverpool.

If my aunty had balls she'd be a trans-gender.

If my 5-a-side team had played 2 of the last three teams later in the season when we were fitter we would have won but we weren't so we didn't.

I'd say 12th-14th is possible but not very likely but anything below that is crazy talk.

I'm inclined to agree but given we currently sit 13th, a third of the way through the season, it certainly isn't as unlikely as it should be that we could finish a couple of places lower than we currently find ourselves.

Also people seem to think everything will be OK when the situation on the injury front improves. Well what if down to a poor training regime, bad luck or whatever, the injury situation doesn't improve? where will that leave us apart from giving some a ready made excuse for crap results and poor performances.

Villa dangerous in wide open title race - Wenger

Wenger believes that Aston Villa and Liverpool are still a threat in this year's title race, which he insists is the most open of his time in England.

Although the Gunners have lost three times at home this season - to Newcastle, West Brom and Tottenham - they are just two points behind leaders Chelsea, and firmly in the hunt for a first championship since 2004.

"Yes, [it's the most open Premier League since I've been in England]," Wenger said. "At this stage of the season I never have seen a league as compact as it is at the moment. I cannot remember that."

Having seen the Gunners beaten at home by Spurs at the weekend, Wenger has confessed that Harry Redknapp's men have a strong chance of clinching the title due to the lack of consistency shown by the other top sides.

"You cannot deny that mathematically, of course it's possible but you have many other teams," he said. "What I think is that it's going to be interesting - even teams like Liverpool, like Aston Villa, they are not out of it. It's most important to be consistent, but I must say at the moment that no-one manages to be really consistent apart from Man Utd."

link

So listen to Wenger and be a little more optimistic about Villa :)

I'd say 12th-14th is possible but not very likely but anything below that is crazy talk.

I'm inclined to agree but given we currently sit 13th, a third of the way through the season, it certainly isn't as unlikely as it should be that we could finish a couple of places lower than we currently find ourselves.

Can you honestly see Blackpool, Stoke and Blackburn finishing above us?

Unless GH is able to buy 4 exceptional players in January, we will finish 9-14th....no steel in MF, defenders still giving up soft late goals, and still can't score goals.

The only positive I can see out of this season is the bleeding of the youngsters, which will put the club in good stead for next year.

For me, the key is not to be dragged into a relegation battle and make it deep into both Cups.....

Villa dangerous in wide open title race - Wenger

Wenger believes that Aston Villa and Liverpool are still a threat in this year's title race, which he insists is the most open of his time in England.

Although the Gunners have lost three times at home this season - to Newcastle, West Brom and Tottenham - they are just two points behind leaders Chelsea, and firmly in the hunt for a first championship since 2004.

"Yes, [it's the most open Premier League since I've been in England]," Wenger said. "At this stage of the season I never have seen a league as compact as it is at the moment. I cannot remember that."

Having seen the Gunners beaten at home by Spurs at the weekend, Wenger has confessed that Harry Redknapp's men have a strong chance of clinching the title due to the lack of consistency shown by the other top sides.

"You cannot deny that mathematically, of course it's possible but you have many other teams," he said. "What I think is that it's going to be interesting - even teams like Liverpool, like Aston Villa, they are not out of it. It's most important to be consistent, but I must say at the moment that no-one manages to be really consistent apart from Man Utd."

link

So listen to Wenger and be a little more optimistic about Villa :)

He wouldn't have said that if he wasn't friends with GH....

That article is just insane. We are not going to finish higher than midtable, we are just way too inconsistent and don't have enough points on the board.

If we finish 15th or below this season would go down as an unmitigated disaster, it seems like we are going backwards in time to before MON took over. It will only take serious reinvestment by Lerner to reverse that tide, otherwise all the progress made will have come to nothing.

Â