R.I.C.O.

Finish place?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Finish place?

• Champions League Place: 1-4
    • Fighting for Europa League: 5 - 8
    • Midtableness: 9 - 14
    • Battling not to use the 'R' word: 15th and down

We only need a few signings and a few players back and we're fine. I can't see us getting this amount of injuries every year. Even if we have 6/7 players out which is quite a lot, a few signings and our squad would be pretty strong. We'll be fine basically :)

Might finish 12th at lowest this season though, depends. I think we'll be 13th by February, then 8th-9th at the end of the season.

Wengers comment although trying to sound optimistic or whatever is all washed away with the bit about "Mathematically". Essentially saying, wellll by the numbers they are still in it, but lets be realistic. Piss off Wenger

It is weird that if we do somehow win tommorow, we are just 6 points behind Arsenal which, well it isn't a huge gap. If we can somehow just put in a winning performance and result vs Arsenal, it puts us in a good position with 2 winnable games (Wigan, West Brom)....and a tough away game vs Liverpool but point/winnable. I'll admit we might finish below 12th this year if we don't collect more than 6 points from our next 4 games. Really need to get 8/9 though if we are going to push higher up the table.

It is weird that if we do somehow win tommorow, we are just 6 points behind Arsenal which, well it isn't a huge gap. If we can somehow just put in a winning performance and result vs Arsenal, it puts us in a good position with 2 winnable games (Wigan, West Brom)....and a tough away game vs Liverpool but point/winnable. I'll admit we might finish below 12th this year if we don't collect more than 6 points from our next 4 games. Really need to get 8/9 though if we are going to push higher up the table.
Who are we playing tomorrow? :?

I think we'll finish 6th. We're in the pack at the moment, plodding on till January where we can invest in one or two players at the same time as our injuries will be coming back. A good run in the later half with the home games against the lesser sides and we'll be alright. The league is crap.

• 5 months later...

Bump.

In the end, we got the midtableness most predicted, and the upper part of that. Although fair to say, few of us thought we'd struggle to achieve that at the start of the season.

We will not finish 15th or below. £100 to VT if we do. I'd say 12th-14th is possible but not very likely but anything below that is crazy talk.

You must have worried about that at some stage this season?

We only need a few signings and a few players back and we're fine. I can't see us getting this amount of injuries every year. Even if we have 6/7 players out which is quite a lot, a few signings and our squad would be pretty strong. We'll be fine basically :)

Might finish 12th at lowest this season though, depends. I think we'll be 13th by February, then 8th-9th at the end of the season.

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

I've just run a million simulations of the rest of the season...

1st: 24 times (.0024%)

2nd: 387 (.0387%)

3rd: 4094 (.409%)

4th: 15,711 (1.57%)

5th: 30,554 (3.06%)

6th: 46,463 (4.65%)

7th: 61,337 (6.13%)

8th: 73,643 (7.36%)

9th: 85,677 (8.57%)

10th: 96,573 (9.66%)

median finish

11th: 104,270 (10.4%)

12th: 110,562 (11.1%) modal finish

13th: 108,560 (10.9%)

14th: 96,977 (9.70%)

15th: 74,750 (7.48%)

16th: 50,036 (5.00%)

17th: 26,837 (2.68%)

18th: 9,861 (.986%)

19th: 3,069 (.307%)

20th: 595 (.060%)

Upper end of bottom half for me.

Not that far off...

I like the fact that 62% of those that voted in the Poll were right but probably for all the wrong reasons.

It would be interesting to take a poll today before the dust has even settled on this season just to see what we can predict for next season.

It hasn't escaped my attention that Mr H. predicted that we were a 7th to 12th Club. However now we know that not even he could have predicted how arduous a task the achievement of 9th place would prove to be.

Â