R.I.C.O.

Finish place?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Finish place?

• Champions League Place: 1-4
    • Fighting for Europa League: 5 - 8
    • Midtableness: 9 - 14
    • Battling not to use the 'R' word: 15th and down

I've just run a million simulations of the rest of the season...

1st: 24 times (.0024%)

2nd: 387 (.0387%)

3rd: 4094 (.409%)

4th: 15,711 (1.57%)

5th: 30,554 (3.06%)

6th: 46,463 (4.65%)

7th: 61,337 (6.13%)

8th: 73,643 (7.36%)

9th: 85,677 (8.57%)

10th: 96,573 (9.66%)

median finish

11th: 104,270 (10.4%)

12th: 110,562 (11.1%) modal finish

13th: 108,560 (10.9%)

14th: 96,977 (9.70%)

15th: 74,750 (7.48%)

16th: 50,036 (5.00%)

17th: 26,837 (2.68%)

18th: 9,861 (.986%)

19th: 3,069 (.307%)

20th: 595 (.060%)

Upper end of bottom half for me.

What are you?

Virgin.

Still think we'll finish in the top 8. This league is so open and we'll come good for sure once everyone's fit and hopefully a few additions in Jan.

Gonna be in no particular order.

Manure.

Chelski

Arsenal.

Citeh.

Spuds.

Liverpool.

Everton.

Villa.

KEEP THE FAITH !!!

So it was pretty pointless then.

Pretty much.

Mathematical modelling based (I presume) on a variation of a monte-carlo simulation process, which tends to lead in normal (what is normal) circumstances to provide a reliable guide to future outcomes.

Seeing as the same or similar processes are used to determine your future wellbeing (BoE deciding on interest rates, banks deciding to give you credit) it would hardly be pointless but more likely are more reasonable approach to second guessing our end of season position, and with more substance, than most of the opinions offered so far.

I've just run a million simulations of the rest of the season...

1st: 24 times (.0024%)

2nd: 387 (.0387%)

3rd: 4094 (.409%)

4th: 15,711 (1.57%)

5th: 30,554 (3.06%)

6th: 46,463 (4.65%)

7th: 61,337 (6.13%)

8th: 73,643 (7.36%)

9th: 85,677 (8.57%)

10th: 96,573 (9.66%)

median finish

11th: 104,270 (10.4%)

12th: 110,562 (11.1%) modal finish

13th: 108,560 (10.9%)

14th: 96,977 (9.70%)

15th: 74,750 (7.48%)

16th: 50,036 (5.00%)

17th: 26,837 (2.68%)

18th: 9,861 (.986%)

19th: 3,069 (.307%)

20th: 595 (.060%)

Upper end of bottom half for me.

What are you?

Virgin.

Indeed, but I'm not sure that your virginity has any relevance to the statistic Levi has presented us with.

Just picking up on those 'ups' of Houlliers reign...

IMO..

Against Wolves we were for pretty decent periods second best and snatched victory.

Burnley we were pretty shit.

Blackpool had vast swathes, first half especially, where we were bollocks. Blackpool being camped in our half is a sight I'll not forget in a hurry, especially as we had absolutely no clue what to do about it it seemed.

The first Blackburn win we also seemed to grasp from the jaws of disappointment.

Bearing that in mind I'm not that impressed.

Okay, what are the downs then....because you could just counter the downs with a whole load of things and then at the end say 'bearing that in mind, I'm pretty impressed'....depends how you want to look at things.

Well the thing is, for me, it's not just that I'm looking to put down the wins... I can think of about 3 genuinely good performances so far. Other than that, asides a few upsides like the arrival of Albrighton (how much you can lay that success at Houlliers door is debatable), it's been pretty universally mediocre at best.

I haven't seen much to be enthused about. I'm not that impressed by passing a bit more.

Still just my opinion. Others will disagree.

Okay but I'll give you three. Man United, Fulham, Tottenham. Two of which, we concede late goals in games we should have won. The other Tottenham, we had enough chances to win the game and also the story of our season, an injury killed us when Heskey on fire at the time, had to come off for who at the time, in dire form, Carew.

Results aren't great but performances have been decent, I can't think of a game yet I've watched and thought 'we deserved to lose that'. Under Houllier anyway. Games like Newcastle are performances I'd be worried about. Not today. The reason we lost is because we got done by two set-peices, which isn't surprising when your forced to play a side pretty much all under 6 ft, apart 2/3,

I thought Blackburn pretty much strolled it to be honest. OK we had loads of possession and you could even say pressure of sorts. But this was all up to last third - after that I thought blackburn coped pretty easily - Young hit the bar - and couple of long range efforts and that was it.

Did someone say we haven't yet equalised under Houllier - Dunno how true that is - but it never looked on today.

Still think we'll finish in the top 8. This league is so open and we'll come good for sure once everyone's fit and hopefully a few additions in Jan.

Gonna be in no particular order.

Manure.

Chelski

Arsenal.

Citeh.

Spuds.

Liverpool.

Everton.

Villa.

KEEP THE FAITH !!!

you missed out bolton

IMO..

Against Wolves we were for pretty decent periods second best and snatched victory.

Blackpool had vast swathes, first half especially, where we were bollocks. Blackpool being camped in our half is a sight I'll not forget in a hurry, especially as we had absolutely no clue what to do about it it seemed.

The first Blackburn win we also seemed to grasp from the jaws of disappointment.

Okay, what are the downs then....because you could just counter the downs with a whole load of things and then at the end say 'bearing that in mind, I'm pretty impressed'....depends how you want to look at things.

Well the thing is, for me, it's not just that I'm looking to put down the wins... I can think of about 3 genuinely good performances so far. Other than that, asides a few upsides like the arrival of Albrighton (how much you can lay that success at Houlliers door is debatable), it's been pretty universally mediocre at best.

I haven't seen much to be enthused about. I'm not that impressed by passing a bit more.

Okay but I'll give you three. Man United, Fulham, Tottenham. Two of which, we concede late goals in games we should have won. The other Tottenham, we had enough chances to win the game and also the story of our season, an injury killed us when Heskey on fire at the time, had to come off for who at the time, in dire form, Carew.

Results aren't great but performances have been decent, I can't think of a game yet I've watched and thought 'we deserved to lose that'. Under Houllier anyway. Games like Newcastle are performances I'd be worried about. Not today. The reason we lost is because we got done by two set-peices, which isn't surprising when your forced to play a side pretty much all under 6 ft, apart 2/3,

I thought Blackburn pretty much strolled it to be honest. OK we had loads of possession and you could even say pressure of sorts. But this was all up to last third - after that I thought blackburn coped pretty easily - Young hit the bar - and couple of long range efforts and that was it.

Did someone say we haven't yet equalised under Houllier - Dunno how true that is - but it never looked on today.

No we haven't equalized but we've also won games vs Blackpool and Wolves late on...(although conceding to Blackpool fairly late too) Which are better than equalizing!

Young header, Downing and Young first half had attempts inside the box well saved by Robinson, as well as Herd header cleared off the foot of the Fonz as well as the long range efforts which was similar to them really. Yet most of their chances came on the break.

I don't think they strolled it. Apart from the Pederson free-kick, I don't think Friedel made a save in the first half did he?

IMO..

No we haven't equalized but we've also won games vs Blackpool and Wolves late on...(although conceding to Blackpool fairly late too) Which are better than equalizing!

Young header, Downing and Young first half had attempts inside the box well saved by Robinson, as well as Herd header cleared off the foot of the Fonz as well as the long range efforts which was similar to them really. Yet most of their chances came on the break.

I don't think they strolled it. Apart from the Pederson free-kick, I don't think Friedel made a save in the first half did he?

I mean't after Blackburn took the lead - I didn't really ever think we looked like getting anything.

We will finsih 5-8 who else can break the top 8?
Well last years europa finalists are managed by someone who lots of people think should have been here, so maybe they're in with a shout. lolz.

Â