• Downing
    • A Young
    • Ireland
    • Petrov
    • Reo-Coker
    • Heskey
    • Sidwell (for Petrov 39)
    • Albrighton (for Ireland 55)

we were exceptional in th second half and if we had a semi decent striker we'd have won the game

Heskey really should have had a hat trick today - PLEASE GABBY GET FIT!!!!!

Ireland was awful, Dunne needs to be dropped, Petrov needs to be replaced

NRC is coming on leaps and bounds , so glad we didnt let him go.

should have taken all 3 points, deserved at least 1, manager has to take some of the blame for getting his tactics wrong and a poor team selection

Poor 1st half. Very good second half. Deserved a point.

Ash was far better in the hole than Ireland. Ireland looks a long long way off the pace at the moment

Sidwell played very well when he came on. I'd start with him next game.

Hm, on BBC Sport they have given us 34 % possession. Where do they get their stats from?

There was at least one stretch where we had virtually no possession (according to the in-game pop-up), like 16% or something. Would guess that really hurt our final tally.

Today's game proved it's going to be a very tough season for us this year - those thinking we can compete for 6th are in dreamland. Mid table is the best we can hope for.

Shit game, shit performance (first half), shit result and a **** shit atmosphere from the Villa fans.

Sunderland are an extremely poor side with very little quality and with a good, clinical performance we could and should have registered another elusive away win with ease. To not even draw the game is just totally wasteful and a big opportunity missed.

I'll say it again - why the HELL is Richard Dunne still starting? He is a blubbering wreck and a complete liability in the heart of our defence. And I would have said that regardless of his own goal - he was bloody awful. As i've said before, his performances have been gradually deteriorating since his mistake in the Carling Cup final last season and it was painful watching him today, and no I'm not exaggerating. Is this the real Richard Dunne we are seeing now? Was he playing above himself when he first came to the club? I tend to think he was. Get Carlos Cuellar in NOW!

Stephen Warnock is on borrowed time - his days in the starting 11 are seriously numbered. GH sold him when he was at Liverpool - meaning he clearly doesn't rate the kid - and quite frankly I hope that's still the case because Warnock is NOT good enough for Aston Villa Football Club. He's like bambi on ice, always diving in and missing tackles, always out of position, always letting players get a cross in and always getting done for pace. He is absolutely WOEFUL. The left side of our defence today was truly shocking.

Petrov has too many poor performances than good one's - plus he IS NOT a leader. The fact he is captain is a joke - he is another player who needs replacing if we intend to keep up with the likes of Spurs/Everton. Ireland still needs to be given time but from what we've seen so far he looks like a very poor mans-Milner. He just looks completely lightweight and for all the talk of him being "one of the fittest players in the PL" I don't see much evidence of that. He actually doesn't look like he gives two shits about playing for us.

Dreading next Sunday and have been for a number of weeks.

Oh and Sunderland is an absolute shithole. I'm sure my brother really appreciated being spat on by a dirty little skank after the game purely because he dared to wear his Villa shirt under his jacket. Lowest of the low.

Is Dunne Houllier's boy? he has to rest a little.

Cuellar was outstanding against Wolves and then ... he's played in reserves. ???

NRC - very good

Petrov - very poor

Beye - very good :o

Warnock - very poor

Young a little anonymous

Is Collins a forward? he played that role last ten minutes.

Must have seen a different game as I thought Warnock played well yesterday

Apart from the Og Dunne wasn't too bad but I guess he is the new Heskey

Downing is showing more and more in games

Heck even Beye had a decent game

NRC is carrying on his impressive form , was everywhere yesterday , like the player I remember he was at Wimbledon

Heskey has got to score that one though...

Was surprised at just how bad Bent is , his touch is awful .. But saying that he does score goals , go figure

Defensively I thought we did okay but going forward we were mostly ineffective. Downing is okay in his good moments but they are rare, Young is brilliant for about two minutes in every game - apart from that he is lazy and contributes nothing, Ireland looks unfit and distracted and really shouldn't be in the team on that form, Petrov is out there - somewhere - but didn't notice he was playing until the second half !

A lot of players need to be benched and given a kick up the backside and my hope is that we sell Young before other teams realise how over-rated he really is and spend that money on two or three genuinely quality players !

If we had Gabby back and Albs started instead of Ireland, we may well have won the game.

Ireland just isn't the type of player you want in those circumstances - he doesn't work hard enough and offers nothing defensively.

Dunne's OG was shocking but I think he looked like he was back to normal in the 2nd half - some words from GH, perhaps.

Beye actually looked like a football player for the first time in a Villa shirt, which was nice.

MoTM like most other people, was NRC.

Hm, on BBC Sport they have given us 34 % possession. Where do they get their stats from?

There was at least one stretch where we had virtually no possession (according to the in-game pop-up), like 16% or something. Would guess that really hurt our final tally.

Not that it matters that much but Sky Sports have us down as 51.7% possession!

1 - The return to the good, old, light blue socks!

0,,10265~9138781,00.jpg

2 - there's no risk of a MON's return;

3 - in the second half we displayed a free, flowing football to which we are not accustomed:

4 - yesterday we played without Albrighton, Delph and Bannan that in the next few months will constitute the heart of our midfield;

5 - we were without Gabby, that is our best forward;

6 - we had in the center of the defence Richard Dunne, that is is an awful state of form, and that hopefully in the next few months will become a good sub for the pair Clark and Cuellar.

:winkold:

Generally, i'm very pleased with the way the team is playing, we're playing much better football yet losing points because we're not clinical enough up front. It's not really surprising when our best striker is injured and we have to rely on a striker who, while in form, has never been prolific, another striker who is woefully inconsistent and seems to have lost all pace, and a young lad who just isn't ready for the prem yet, and could very well go the way of Luke Moore.

Positives...

- Good all round play, no more hoofball

- NRC looks like fulfilling his potential and blossoming into a very good DM

- Downing is getting better with each game

- Albrighton looks like he's very slowly becoming a superstar

- Heskey had another very good game, even if he did miss a sitter (he is still Heskey after all)

- Sidwell did well for himself when he came on

Negatives...

- As much as I like him, Petrov just isn't captain material and is probably the weak link in our midfield

- Ireland hasn't settled in at all, and was overshadowed by Young when he moved into the AMF role

- We can't score

- Warnock was repeatedly exposed and caught out of position

Generally we seem to be improving, we just need Gabby back, maybe another striker in the transfer window, and a little bit more luck.

Reason we lost was no luck at all in the game, not because we were poor.

so no reason to cry or to worry about it.

You make your own luck.

I know that story:-) but just like us people,some days we feel more lucky than other days. so how do we make that luck those days we feel lucky,compared to the days where we feel unlucky?

Â