P90 X

Dom_Wren

I do have a fitness coach but i like to mix things up. Don't want to be all big and dude like though!

I was going to supplement my previous advice with the fact that Mike Tyson does it, but if you don't want to be big and dude like, that might turn you away. Women who have gone through the program are in all videos and promotional material and they haven't turned huge and muscular. The program gives you lots of variety and you choose the weights you use depending on whether you want to be lean or big and dude like. Demi Moore and some girl from 90210 use it apparently.

theunderstudy, you need weights. It's not some gay pilates waste of time. You'll pick up dumbells and weights in Argos for £50 though. I'd recommend you give it a go. No matter who you are, you'll feel better if you're doing P90X.

I do have a fitness coach but i like to mix things up. Don't want to be all big and dude like though!

I was going to supplement my previous advice with the fact that Mike Tyson does it, but if you don't want to be big and dude like, that might turn you away. Women who have gone through the program are in all videos and promotional material and they haven't turned huge and muscular. The program gives you lots of variety and you choose the weights you use depending on whether you want to be lean or big and dude like. Demi Moore and some girl from 90210 use it apparently.

theunderstudy, you need weights. It's not some gay pilates waste of time. You'll pick up dumbells and weights in Argos for £50 though. I'd recommend you give it a go. No matter who you are, you'll feel better if you're doing P90X.

I'd go for bands rather than weights. Much cheaper, much more versatile, much better overall workout (unless you want to get huge).

Have a look for ripcords, they do a full set for £30 and they're top banana.

Getting some great results from this at the moment. The definition is getting there although I am using Promax Diet and Thermobol supplements, but it's the increase in power that is really amazing. I'm doing so much more now than I was 7 weeks ago that I am having to consider ways to increase the resistance.

For anyone thinking of trying it I say do it. Sure it's tough and you have to commit, but when you see the results coming through you may never have been fitter. I'm even seeing parts of me that I've not seen since I was a teenager!

I just started week 5. Chest shoulders and triceps. Really failed towards the end of the video. Zero one arm push ups and 1 clap push up from my knees. Bit disheartening. Disappointed with my push up numbers overall. That pike press is insane. I'd love to be able to do it well. I started from the chair which was a mistake. Instant fail. My ab ripper x went really well though. Took too long overall though with all the changing weights. I'd say 2 hours in total. Plyo tomorrow, when all I want is more resistance. I've missed it.

I took a few 30 day pics with my phone because my camera is ****. There's a bit of difference, but it might be just because my phone camera is so poor. Poor resolution v muscle gain?

Probably what I'm most impressed with is that when I go to the typical muscle bicep pose, my ribs are no longer visible. That was a hope when I started the program and it represents success already. Untensed I look like a kicked bag of potatoes, but tensed and I'd be willing to walk around a swimming pool looking for goggles I was never wearing.

My back is a little bit tweaky now though. Don't like that that much

Great progress there. You benefit from being man shaped at the start though, whereas I'm going from manchild shape.

Back and bicep there for the first time. My pull up bar is a bitch. I've no confidence in it at all. It fell on me tonight so I was a bit nervous the rest of the work out. I've never seen my biceps do what they did tonight. It was like I had 2 muscles there. One lower and one higher that came together when flexed and separated when unflexed.

Just looked it up. Apparently that's why it's called a 'bi'cep. Cool

I 'got' the basic P90 today (not hardcore enough for the X version yet).

Is this generally easier to do with bands than weights? I only have two bars, and the constant changing of weights slowed me down completely and it was frustrating.

Can anyone recommend me some [reasonably priced] bands?

Cheers.

EDIT: Bands have the exact same effect as weights, right?

I'm not so sure about using the bands. I'd imagine you will maybe achieve a lean look but may struggle building some real muscle/bulk. Depends what your after I guess. Changing the weights can be an issue with the dumbbells. I'd suggest you invest in another set of dumbbells rather than a set of bands. Then you can have two separate weights set up. I personally set one set of dumbbells up at 22.5kg ( each dumbbell so 45kg total ) and one set up at 15kg ( each dumbbell so 30kg total )that then allows me to quickly take or add 2.5 kg to the 22.5kg ones taking me up to 25kg each dumbbell or down to 20kg or to take or add 2.5kg to each of the 15kg ones taking me up to 17.5kg each dumbbell or down to 12.5 kg dependent on what I am doing.

Bands are quicker, changing the resistance is as simple as shortening the band (i.e. standing slightly wider).

Tubby - You've got great results. Are you sticking to the diet plan? I'm on a student budget so the diet they recommend is slightly out of my price range.

Do you gain muscle from this or is it more about losing the fat. I have quite a bit of body fat around the abs, strangely enough you can kind of see a six pack when i tense it though. I would like to lose that fat but also gain some muscle in the chest, back and biceps etc. Is this going to help me achieve that?

Bands are quicker, changing the resistance is as simple as shortening the band (i.e. standing slightly wider).

Tubby - You've got great results. Are you sticking to the diet plan? I'm on a student budget so the diet they recommend is slightly out of my price range.

I'm basically eating chicken, rice, fish, beans, green veg and fruit. Amazingly I am not bored of it either! The biggest things I have cut out (down) are dairy, pasta and bread, and makes a huge difference. Also eating 5 small meals helps you stay full, with snacks being fruit or healthy snack bars.

I spend about £60 for 2-3 weeks food.

I am also using Promax Diet which you can buy on Amazon for £30.

Do you gain muscle from this or is it more about losing the fat. I have quite a bit of body fat around the abs, strangely enough you can kind of see a six pack when i tense it though. I would like to lose that fat but also gain some muscle in the chest, back and biceps etc. Is this going to help me achieve that?

You can gain muscle from using the right exercises, I have just chosen to go for weight loss first because I didn't like the extra pounds. I have about 6 weeks left of weight loss and toning before a holiday and following that I will be on weight gain / muscle building but can utilise the new found core strength from this period. If you follow the exercises at the intensity expected you will get results.

You can gain muscle from using the right exercises, I have just chosen to go for weight loss first because I didn't like the extra pounds. I have about 6 weeks left of weight loss and toning before a holiday and following that I will be on weight gain / muscle building but can utilise the new found core strength from this period. If you follow the exercises at the intensity expected you will get results.

Thanks i have downloaded the videos. Does anyone else know where i can get the other stuff that comes with it like the nutrition etc.

Â