P90 X

Dom_Wren

Right, IM sorting my garage out to make it it into a gym and am going to start the P90 next week. Do you guys reccomend taking any protein shakes or multi vitamins or anything? If so are any particular brand better? Not exactly flush with cash so the cheaper the better really :(

Definitely protein shakes mate. As I said before you'll need a lot of protein if you want to bulk up, or make sure you keep your weight up with muscle whilst losing the flab. It's hard to get enough protein in a normal diet so shakes are probably the best way.

I think you can buy some online for cheap, but there's a lot of dodgy brands out there. If you don't want to risk that, try popping to Holland and Barret. They have reasonably cheap shake mix in there, and they often do offers on it, so you might pick up two tubs for the price of one. Costs £10-£15 for a large tub but that'll last you a few weeks so it's not too costly.

Wish I I had a garage like you, would love a space like that to convert into a gym. I have a huge garden, i'm genuinely considering bulding a large shed in it and turning that into a gym!

Cheers for the advice buddy.

Would something like this be ok do you think?

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=208&prodid=1991

Or is that a bit overkill? Also how often should I be drinking them? And when? Straight after a workout?

Well I havent spoken to the Mrs about the garage yet lol - its more of a utility room at the minute with the tumble dryer and fridge/freezer in there, but its quite big and can double up as a gym, I do have a weights bench in there already and a running machine so hopefully there wont be too much resistance to me using it :)

Looks ok to me mate. I would have said stick to the standard Whey protein that they do, but it's more expensive. I think that one would be ok. Just make sure you read instructions and stuff and don't end up like Cartman!

eric_cartman_beefcake.jpg

Tucking into a 3 and a half scoop protein shake after making bits of myself on shoulders and arms and then abripperx. Surprised myself at the abripper kept up with them 75% I'd say. Not too shabby for a first time for 3 months. My shoulders and arms is sketchy enough, but that's usually because I'm too lazy to go changing weights as I need. Used 7.5kg throughout switching to five for the last few. The switch tricep kick back might as well have been me waving with my hands at my sides holding weights and the seated two angle was something similar. Happy enough though. Hoping to move up to ten next week and do less reps, but I could hardly get a ten above my head for the first shoulder exercise so switched down.

I use Nutrition X Big Whey protein. 22g of protein per 30g. 6lb for €40/50. I'll hopefully get through it handy enough. I'm working out in my living room which has a bit of space. Weights on cushions. Abripperx done on two folded blankets. P90x on the 42 inch TV. It's hard to ignore him then.

2 and a half pints of protein shake. **** sick

Cheers for the advice buddy.

Would something like this be ok do you think?

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=208&prodid=1991

Or is that a bit overkill? Also how often should I be drinking them? And when? Straight after a workout?

Well I havent spoken to the Mrs about the garage yet lol - its more of a utility room at the minute with the tumble dryer and fridge/freezer in there, but its quite big and can double up as a gym, I do have a weights bench in there already and a running machine so hopefully there wont be too much resistance to me using it :)

Try Nutrisport 90+. It's not the best tasting, but **** me do you get some good bang for your buck. Read the reviews.

I take the odd shake when I feel my body needs it, now I'm back in training I'll be on it twice a day religiously. It's not going to make you look like the Hulk, but it will help. No question.

(P.S. Museli is a fupping brilliant source of the right nutrients too)

Good advice on the shakes there. I'm going to step it up I think but am worried about using whey protein because I am trying to lose weight at the same time, the last thing I want it to be fit but flabby. Anyone ever used anything that helps both? I have been considering something with acai in it.

As for the exercises, I am so far improved from week 1 it's incredible and I'm only in week 3! Stick with it people...

On my 12th week now. Gone really well apart from over Christmas. Started off from a good fitness level but am arguably now the fittest I have ever been at 37. Going to start the whole program again once finished this 90 day run.

Hows everyone else getting on?

Stevo the past is gone now just start up again and go for it. You get through the first 3-4 weeks, start to see some results/improvements and that will then give you all the motivation you need to keep going. Nice time of year to start as well as you have around 4 months before the summer and use that as your motivation/goal to be in shape come the summer. The hardest part of any fitness regime can be starting. Just take that first step mate.

I'm definitely going to start up again. Not necessarily P90x as I'm not sure I can commit to the time, but certainly something. I've got a 10k run in May so need to train for that.

My grand plan at the moment is to sort my garden out. it's huge, but overgrown. I want to clean it up, lay a patio, and build a large shed/sunroom at the bottom, in which will be my personal gym. Once that's there there'll be no stopping me!!

Just finishing up week 4 and I am through a dip all because I found the Core Synegistics video. If you don't do anything else, do this! I have reworked my next 9 weeks to include it more I liked it that much.

Now for a stag weekend in Edinburg...

Just did Kenpo X there to round off a fairly good week. Skipped Yoga X, but I think I'll do it next week. The warm up for Kenpo was more difficult than the exercises. Enjoyed it though. I don't think there's enough chest in the workout though. If I had a bench I'd like to put in a little bench press and chest flys on maybe Yoga X day. I don't think I've ever gotten as far as week 3 before.

I did almost twice as many pull ups this week against last so I suppose that is progress, and the weights have gone up 1kg this week. Hoping to go up another 1.5kg next week. Looking forward to next week now.

I don't think there's enough chest in the workout though. If I had a bench I'd like to put in a little bench press and chest flys on maybe Yoga X day.

Your right the chest work probably isn't enough and I throw in some presses and flys.

As for you not having a bench improvise until you can get one by putting a pillow on the floor and lying your back on that and with your feet on floor/knees bent. It will do the job.

Started week 5 now. The chest, shoulders and triceps workout is tough but I know I will see improvement with it. Need to work on shedding the flab a bit more so going off the drink and fatty foods as best as possible through to the end.

Did 104 push ups yesterday, up 35 from Day 1. Progress. My first day with push up bars aswell. I was using the dumbells previously. Big difference.

I'm not too chuffed about the recovery week next week. I did the chest shoulders and triceps exercise last week and I don't think I'm ready for it yet. I refer mostly to the push up where he leaps completely off the ground and claps. I couldn't do even one of those, especially not after the rest of the exercises that day. I'll go along with it anyways though.

I had a bagel with an omelette, philadelphia cheese and 2 rashers for breakfast, so I'm waiting an hour before I make a start on the plyo. Is that bagel in the diet plan. I didn't check, but I'm assuming it is.

Edit: Got a cramp half way through, but it wasn't a bad one and went away quickly enough. I'd forgotten I could sweat like I did just there. I reckon that's a good sign aswell.

Â