P90 X

Dom_Wren

Did 104 push ups yesterday, up 35 from Day 1. Progress. My first day with push up bars aswell. I was using the dumbells previously. Big difference.

I'm not too chuffed about the recovery week next week. I did the chest shoulders and triceps exercise last week and I don't think I'm ready for it yet. I refer mostly to the push up where he leaps completely off the ground and claps. I couldn't do even one of those, especially not after the rest of the exercises that day. I'll go along with it anyways though.

I had a bagel with an omelette, philadelphia cheese and 2 rashers for breakfast, so I'm waiting an hour before I make a start on the plyo. Is that bagel in the diet plan. I didn't check, but I'm assuming it is.

Edit: Got a cramp half way through, but it wasn't a bad one and went away quickly enough. I'd forgotten I could sweat like I did just there. I reckon that's a good sign aswell.

Don't be put off by what is ahead, with good recovery you will be well prepared. I can't do 1 handed push ups but Tony gives useful tips on how to do them and I was able to do them. They always say to do as many reps as you possibly can and if you do that you will improve.

Did 104 push ups yesterday, up 35 from Day 1. Progress. My first day with push up bars aswell. I was using the dumbells previously. Big difference.

I'm not too chuffed about the recovery week next week. I did the chest shoulders and triceps exercise last week and I don't think I'm ready for it yet. I refer mostly to the push up where he leaps completely off the ground and claps. I couldn't do even one of those, especially not after the rest of the exercises that day. I'll go along with it anyways though.

I had a bagel with an omelette, philadelphia cheese and 2 rashers for breakfast, so I'm waiting an hour before I make a start on the plyo. Is that bagel in the diet plan. I didn't check, but I'm assuming it is.

Edit: Got a cramp half way through, but it wasn't a bad one and went away quickly enough. I'd forgotten I could sweat like I did just there. I reckon that's a good sign aswell.

Don't be put off by what is ahead, with good recovery you will be well prepared. I can't do 1 handed push ups but Tony gives useful tips on how to do them and I was able to do them. They always say to do as many reps as you possibly can and if you do that you will improve.

I was hoping to hear something exactly like that. Cheers

Agreed. Ultimately it's a sequence of exercises, how frequently you do them depends on the result you want. I've now changed my cycle to a five week plan combining the exercises as I want them. Not sure what result it will have, probably no different, but it means I am more likely to do them as it works for me.

I'm starting again tomorrow.

I'm substituting most, if not all, the cardio days for running as I've got a run to train for.

I had an epiphany day yesterday when I was at a family do and someone took a photo and I saw it. I'm heading back towards my uni weight and I need to stop it and quick. Tomorrow is the start of a new me.

Stevo985, is that up to your uni weight (i.e. overweight) or down to it (i.e. skinny student look)? I got fat during uni, put on at least 3 stone due to far too much drinking, junk food and lazing around (typical uni stuff). I'm now back down to just over 13 stone, problem is that with my build I can't afford to lose much more before I start looking scrawny, so I need to adjust my diet to maintain muscle mass, if not increase it.

Anyway, I'm going into the second week of P90X, did it on and off for months (only doing 3 workouts a week) but last week I committed to doing the full 90 days as listed in the calendar. Will be interesting to see if i can stick to it.

Up to.

I'm a fair way off it in reality. By third year in uni I was up to between 17 and 18 stone (I'm 6'3" and pretty broad so that isn't as fat as it first sounds). After uni I got myself down to under 15 which was a really good weight for me. Still not where I want to be ideally but I was well on the way to being in good shape.

At the moment I'm just over 16 stone. So I'm at least a stone away from my uni weight and I've put on a lot of muscle since Uni so in terms of fat I'm still a way off the uni weight, but I saw in the picture from the family do a glimpse that I was heading back to that, and that's something I can't face because I hated it. I got upto that weight at Uni because at school I played rugby 5 or 6 (very occasionally even 7) times a week. As a result I could basically eat anything I wanted and not put on weight because I was burning so much off. Then I went to Uni, didn't play rugby, and kept eating what I wanted, and it was never burnt off.

I've struggled with the weight ever since. Even when I have been regularly going to the gym and eating well, I've struggled to lose anything beyond what i call "the excess", i.e. the weight that turns me from a bit of flab to actually fat.

After uni it took me an epiphany moment to lose that weight. I got in a small scrap at a club and some guy called me a fat bastard. Even though I knew I'd put on weight, no-one had actually called me fat before. Sounds silly but something that small made me get off my arse and lose the weight.

I'm hoping this photograph will do the same thing for me this time around. I want to be in good shape. I'm 25 now. if I don't get myself into good shape soon I may never do it. In my mind, this is now or never. And I fully intend to make it now.

After uni it took me an epiphany moment to lose that weight. I got in a small scrap at a club and some guy called me a fat bastard. Even though I knew I'd put on weight, no-one had actually called me fat before. Sounds silly but something that small made me get off my arse and lose the weight.

Reminds me of when a doctor told Peter Griffin he was fat and he was shocked, or when Doug Heffernan decided to lose weight after something trivial even though people had been calling him Fatty McButterpants.

Not that I'm calling you fat. I'd never say anything like that to a man of your size. On a related note, what weights are people using for the different exercises on shoulders and arms? I'm using 10kg all the way through for everything. I'll miss out on a couple of reps here and there but for the most part I'll get through it with OK form.

Edit: Up to 83 pullups on back and legs on week 3 from 26 on week 1. Nice one

Just started my second 90 day cycle on this although I see it more as being my 14th week. I've adapted it slightly and have done things like add it some flys when doing chest. I also don't bother with the yoga just simply as a time issue as its 90 minutes so I do an extra nights plyometric.

I can certainly see improvements. I didn't have any weight to lose when I started and have been weight training/biking for years so was reasonably fit before starting but this as taken me up a level in terms of my fitness. I have in no way followed the diet plan but just stuck to a pretty basic rule of around 50% protein, 30% carbs, 20% fat and have just done what I've done for years and supplemented my diet with whey protein shakes and creatine ( 6 weeks on, 10 days off cycle ). One day off a week to eat/drink what I like.

Someone asked earlier about what weight people are doing - this is an example/overview of mine - Lawnmowers/heavy pants I'm doing 20kg - 22.5kg dumbbells, black flys 12.5kg, biceps curls/hammer curls etc 15kg, shoulder presses/Y presses etc 15kg, tricep extensions 12.5kg.

It's good to hear everyones stories. I agree with all of you who say you have never felt fitter, it really is amazing the difference it makes. I have only been at it for 5 weeks and I've already lost an inch off the waist and the definition in my upper abs is awesome compared to how it was.

I'm prepared to put photos up (in a non-ghey way) of before and after come 90 days, especially if it encourages others. Anyone else?

Yep I'll stick up some scantily clad yillan pictures for theunderstudy to wank over. What are you doing in this thread anyway theunderstudy?

I actually will though

Edit: Had a look at the recovery week. I'm going to be fairly frustrated for the duration. I don't feel like I need that long of a recovery really, especially considering I only did one day out of the last three.

Yep I'll stick up some scantily clad yillan pictures for theunderstudy to sail on the mayonnaise sea over. What are you doing in this thread anyway theunderstudy?

Eh? :?

Yep I'll stick up some scantily clad yillan pictures for theunderstudy to sail on the mayonnaise sea over. What are you doing in this thread anyway theunderstudy?

Eh? :?

Exactly.

Baselayers, I'd recommend this to anyone, but do you not have a personal trainer and dietician geared towards your needs. Are you trying to save a bit of money?

I browse this thread occasionally. I'm trying to stay away from exercise threads atm as its all to tempting but I've got a **** ankle so I can't really do it properly.

Keep an eye on this one though. There'll be nudey pictures of me on it.

For those who plan on finishing P90x, P90x MC2 is coming out late this year. MC stands for muscle confusion. I'm looking forward to it, but wish it were out sooner.

Â