Match Thread

Condimentalist

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't be **** watching the inevitable destruction anymore. Meh.

Easy Tiger, theres nothing inevitable about a team playing under a new manager for only the second time.

Still going to happen. I think MON used to scream at them if we went 1-0 up then tried to expand on it.

We turn into counter attacking shite as soon as we go ahead, every single time. Happened against Wolves too.

Shit defending by Dunne, Carlos would have won that

Would he? It was a very good goal from Spurs to be honest. Decent ball in, nobody would have won the far post header against Crouch and at the near post you have got a defender who is holding position competing against a forward who is running in at full speed. The forward is always going to be favourite to win the header.

Horrible time to concede, but I don't think there will be any major inquisition into the goal. Sometimes you just have to give credit to the attacking side.

Thank you.

Shit defending by Dunne, Carlos would have won that

Would he? It was a very good goal from Spurs to be honest. Decent ball in, nobody would have won the far post header against Crouch and at the near post you have got a defender who is holding position competing against a forward who is running in at full speed. The forward is always going to be favourite to win the header.

Horrible time to concede, but I don't think there will be any major inquisition into the goal. Sometimes you just have to give credit to the attacking side.

Dunne was ball watching and left his man.

A very common criticism too. Very confusing from Ged today sticking him straight back in.

Not watching but Dunne's fault was it?

Going to be pessimistic and say we will lose it from here.

Bit of a strange one - Crouch won a header at the far post and as it came back across, both Luke and Dunne were stationary as Van Der Vaart put the header in. Quite simply, he jumped an Dunne didn't - instead he appeared to sort of 'head' thin air, which was strange - a misjudgment but not getting off the ground for it or reacting was unlike him.

No need to be pessimistic - 1 each at half-time still all to play for.

Quite why everyone seems to see us concede and then turn their streams off because 'we'll definitely lose' is beyond me. Yes, we were winning and it's now level - but the home side are a champions' league team and have pushed for an equaliser. That's not a big drama.

Keep supporting the Villa people; one equaliser does not mean ultimate destruction! We might well lose now as they are at home and a good team - but if you give up at 1-1 what's the point in supporting anyone?!!!!!

Would have been interesting if Houllier had done something original and put Ireland on for Heskey. Let Ireland and Young have free roles and act as attacking midfielder/forwards. It could have worked....

let's hope houllier has a miracle up his sleeve at half time team talks.

erm.....why? are we 4-0 down? The game I'm watching is nicely poised at 1-1 and as Spurs push on we can hit them on the break.

Or maybe it's just me.....

Would have been interesting if Houllier had done something original and put Ireland on for Heskey. Let Ireland and Young have free roles and act as attacking midfielder/forwards. It could have worked....

And yet people are complaining about nothing sticking with Carew up front....

Can't be **** watching the inevitable destruction anymore. Meh.

Easy Tiger, theres nothing inevitable about a team playing under a new manager for only the second time.

Still going to happen. I think MON used to scream at them if we went 1-0 up then tried to expand on it.

We turn into counter attacking shite as soon as we go ahead, every single time. Happened against Wolves too.

Yep. We're shit at leading games.

let's hope houllier has a miracle up his sleeve at half time team talks.

erm.....why? are we 4-0 down? The game I'm watching is nicely poised at 1-1 and as Spurs push on we can hit them on the break.

Or maybe it's just me.....

Because our last 20 minutes was shocking that's why, we sat back and allowed it to happen... happens all the time at Villa when we take the lead and its getting frustrating.

Awful time to conceed. Watching it on a Setanta stream and it might as well be SpursTV with the biased commentators. So unfortunate with Heskey looking good at last and getting injured.