Stephen Ireland

Richard

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aston Villa boss Alex McLeish was pleased with much of his side's performance against Newcastle United but was unhappy with the goals they conceded.

And he insisted he had not withdrawn midfielder Stephen Ireland at half-time because he had reacted angrily to his manager's suggestion that he might have done better for Ba's goal.

The Scot said: "I know he spoke back, but at the same time, players don't like to hear the manager screaming at them from the touchline.

"But I kick every ball with them, I am passionate, I care and I wouldn't be so petty to take a player off for something like that if he is doing a fantastic job.

"But Stevie had an ankle problem. He wasn't able to close down and that was it."

Link

I like him even more if true. It's poor professionalism but it must be frustrating playing for that absolute moron.

So do you think Ireland bust a gut to stop the cross coming in for the first goal. Apparently N'Zogbia tweeted as well saying he dont like football, well I dont like the way he has been playing it for us either. Mcleish has every right to expect maximum effort, Sir Ron would not have put up with two players hiding their defensive duties

Ah makes a bit more sense.. Still have an odd sense of pride that he did actually tell McLeish to **** off. I know it's not professional but I admire a player that will say exactly what is on his mind no matter what.

Ah makes a bit more sense.. Still have an odd sense of pride that he did actually tell McLeish to **** off. I know it's not professional but I admire a player that will say exactly what is on his mind no matter what.

Having watched most of the games this season I think it would almost be impossible to not tell him to **** off if I met him - professional or not. I know how you feel Stevie!

I just hope he added "you Ginger Clearing in the Woods" afterwards!

On the first goal, yes he didn't stop the cross but he did initially get a toe on the ball that delayed the cross by a couple of seconds.

Hope AM would be consistant as I'm asking more questions about the 2nd goal and how slow Dunne was to move and failed to cut out the Jonas cross. But I suspect AM didn't bring that one up with his defensive buddies, probably had a go at Carlos for passing the ball too much.

TBH McLeish was having a right go at ALL the players not just Ireland.

He lays into Bent something rotten at times!

You can't say he's not passionate. We missed Ireland 2nd half but as soon as I saw Bannan I thought SI must have a knock.

Hope that's the reason in anycase, because I thought him and Keane played really well 1st half.

i love him even more if he did. Any player who comes out and says they hate him would become instant legend in my eyes

So he is a legend even though he has sponged from the club for a year, said Birmingham was shit place, doesnt give a monkeys. He was at fault for the first goal and hate the way he bottles out of any challenge

i love him even more if he did. Any player who comes out and says they hate him would become instant legend in my eyes

So he is a legend even though he has sponged from the club for a year, said Birmingham was shit place, doesnt give a monkeys. He was at fault for the first goal and hate the way he bottles out of any challenge

I didnt say he was a legend. He needs to come out and say mcleish is a useless see you next tuesday first. I think Ireland is Lerners biggest mistake next to mcleish.