Stephen Ireland

Richard

He's threatened a 'sit in protest' now according to the Mail and Mirror rags, and for the Man Utd game where he claimed he was ill, he was spotted at a night club on the piss with a few of David Haye's mates thats what made Houllier blow his top as he was part of his plans for the game.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stephen Ireland has taken a tough stance in talks with Aston Villa and vowed not to be bullied around again.

Midfielder Ireland, 24, regrets being forced out at Man City to Villa in the summer as part of James Milner’s transfer.

And the Irish star wants to now determine his own future as he intends to quit Villa, where he earns £62,000-a-week.

Both Ireland and Villa accept a January exit is inevitable after the midfielder failed to settle.

He got on well with Villa caretaker Kevin MacDonald, who he knows from the Republic of Ireland set-up under Steve Staunton.

But Ireland has clashed with successor Gerard Houllier and their relationship has broken down irrevocably.

The final straw was when Ireland pulled out of Manchester United’s visit last month with illness only to be seen out in a late night bar that night after David Haye’s boxing win over Audley Harrison.

Now Ireland has Everton, Celtic and Fulham chasing his signature.

He will have to take a pay-cut to leave and is insisting Villa make up the difference.

Otherwise Ireland has told team-mates he will just “sit it out” picking up his cash and obeying Houllier’s orders to report to the training ground at various times.

Mirror

I think it's bull myself, but I thought since I read it, I'll post it.

Stephen Ireland has taken a tough stance in talks with Aston Villa and vowed not to be bullied around again.

Midfielder Ireland, 24, regrets being forced out at Man City to Villa in the summer as part of James Milner’s transfer.

And the Irish star wants to now determine his own future as he intends to quit Villa, where he earns £62,000-a-week.

Both Ireland and Villa accept a January exit is inevitable after the midfielder failed to settle.

He got on well with Villa caretaker Kevin MacDonald, who he knows from the Republic of Ireland set-up under Steve Staunton.

But Ireland has clashed with successor Gerard Houllier and their relationship has broken down irrevocably.

The final straw was when Ireland pulled out of Manchester United’s visit last month with illness only to be seen out in a late night bar that night after David Haye’s boxing win over Audley Harrison.

He will have to take a pay-cut to leave and is insisting Villa make up the difference.

Otherwise Ireland has told team-mates he will just “sit it out” picking up his cash and obeying Houllier’s orders to report to the training ground at various times.

Mirror

its either true,or they are picking up on the fact that he held out for his contract to be paid by Man City..i'd say media bs myself.

Ireland can't win, from the moment he was first benched the press have been on his back and putting him in every kind of bad light. He either wants to leave, isn't prepared to work hard, and now he wants to sit it out. They are covering all angles but I'm sure he is not all of these.

Anyway if I was Ireland, I would either REALLY want to prove people wrong and work hard to get in the team, or most definately want to leave. I just hope its the former.

Needs to go if only to stop all these stories around the club. We need to get our prefessionally run image back, these types of players don't help at all.

In this case the manager is as much, no more at fault than the player (who has been quiet), who could reasonably be distressed by the treatment given to him week after week in the media.

Not a very happy situation.
No it isn't bad for club and bad for player

Mistakes obviously made on both sides and for me Ireland has fulfilled exactly what I didn't want him to and that is a Rich Man's Lee Hendrie

Surely, we have got some lawyers who can make sure he gets naff all out of us. He wants to go and therefor needs to accept that he ain't getting a pay off.

That post is assuming rather a lot, isn't it? We have no idea if he wants to go, or indeed whether he wants to go just because he's been treated shabbily by the new manager.

And unless a player hands in a tranfer request, they get a pay off, lawyers aren't going to get you out of that. Even if he really does want to go, it's abundantly clear that Houllier wants shot of him just as much if not more.

Surely, we have got some lawyers who can make sure he gets naff all out of us. He wants to go and therefor needs to accept that he ain't getting a pay off.

That post is assuming rather a lot, isn't it? We have no idea if he wants to go, or indeed whether he wants to go just because he's been treated shabbily by the new manager.

And unless a player hands in a tranfer request, they get a pay off, lawyers aren't going to get you out of that. Even if he really does want to go, it's abundantly clear that Houllier wants shot of him just as much if not more.

Yes I think I agree with all that and add in the way we are treating Ireland and so obviously desperate to get him out will also affect the money we receive for him

Mirror

All this guy cares about is money. He did this to us and now he's doing it to you. What a cancer he has become.