Ratings and Reactions

brummybloke

ITV4s close up of Randy when things were going tits up has told me all i needed to know where we are headed this season. Its not his fault that over a hundred million of his money has been wasted on a squad lacking in quality or depth. Its not his fault that those players his money was spent on have no pride in the shirt they wear. Another completly gutless performance from players who should be ashamed to pick up their wages and if i was Randy i would shoot the whole lot of them.

We need a new manager quick who is also going to bring in some players who have at least some pride in their own performance, whoever they play for.

A total disgraceful performance which will be repeated throughout the season unless something is done now.

hey,

I don't want to annoy you or anything as I'm sure many of you are gutted about this. I just want to point out that again your team and your coaching staff apparently didn't take us seriously; especially in the first leg but also in the second leg. Honestly I didn't believe we had a chance (yes, in football you always have a chance, but realistically...), and I still think we shouldn't have.

Something I just can't wrap my mind around is, I love the European Cup, I love watching my team play against clubs we don't usually play against every year, having foreign fans in the stadium and travelling to a "new" stadium myself if I have the time and money, but I just never felt like Aston Villa respected that. Not last year, not this year. Of course your players are vastly superior in almost every way to ours, but I guess that lack of enthusiasm is something that's difficult to overcome. Or we were just lucky, who knows.

Good luck in the Premier League. Until next year. (god, I hope not) ;)

Well Rapid definitely wanted it more. But the bottom line is that all English teams follow the money and it's just not worth playing in the Europa League as teams don't make too much money. We'd be better off performing well in the other competitions.

Well done Rapid, if we defend like that, then we don't deserve to be in the Europa League anyway.

hey,

I don't want to annoy you or anything as I'm sure many of you are gutted about this. I just want to point out that again your team and your coaching staff apparently didn't take us seriously; especially in the first leg but also in the second leg. Honestly I didn't believe we had a chance (yes, in football you always have a chance, but realistically...), and I still think we shouldn't have.

Something I just can't wrap my mind around is, I love the European Cup, I love watching my team play against clubs we don't usually play against every year, having foreign fans in the stadium and travelling to a "new" stadium myself if I have the time and money, but I just never felt like Aston Villa respected that. Not last year, not this year. Of course your players are vastly superior in almost every way to ours, but I guess that lack of enthusiasm is something that's difficult to overcome. Or we were just lucky, who knows.

Good luck in the Premier League. Until next year. (god, I hope not) ;)

Yeah, I know, you really shouldn't have if we had our shit together. Fair play for not rubbing it in too much or trolling. Under MON we didn't take it seriously enough, this year with the upheaval it's a different story. Kev Mac is the reserve manager - he thought the young boys were ready. And they were. It was a lot of senior players who let us down today.

But a lot of us are disgusted that we don't take this a bit more seriously.

And as for 'Good luck in the Premier League. Until next year.' I'm in a foul mood, but I won't lie, I laughed.

Please let us get into Europe and get you again. It's our only hope to make up for this embarassment.

Previous to the last two years I had no animosity towards Austrians.

Now I **** hate them, I hope I never have to see the basement prison incest Fritzl lovers ever again

I went with my son and his mates on the amazing £5 ticket deal. We enjoyed the anticipation of a euro night before hand, but were eventually disappointed with a performance that lacked class and real guts and effort. The chips and curry sauce were good though.

I really hope the club looks into terminating some of the jokers we have on our team just to save the wages and they can start with Curtis Davies. What a joker with his delight at MONs exit on SSN and then to perform like that when given his chance to revive his career, not good enough for us. I would rather blood a youngster than watch that waster play for us again and to think Cahill was pushed out to accomdate this muppet.

NRC is another player that needs to leave sooner rather than later, he offers very little to the team apart from a good engine another expensive MON flop. NRC try as he might can't pass, doesn't score, and is a poor tackler all attributes needed for a Premier League midfielder.

Last but not least our Pièce de résistance Heskey, supposedly one of our highest earners and without a doubt our biggest donkey. Heskey spends more time on the ground after falling over than he does playing football for us. As a striker his job is to get goals and Heskey doesn't do it, not good enough to wear the shirt.

It really is time to ship out the shit starting with the above and maybe salvage the rest if the season. Embarassed by our performance and the manner of the defeat, a long season ahead unless we get a proven manager to steady the helm.

Everyone bangs on about the general not having to post here,FFs how naive are some people? It's his job at the end of day.

All I have read over the last few weeks is spin and over hyped yank bollocks 'I bleed claret and blue'

As they say in the good ol U S of a ' Horse shit!'

It's not his job to come on here and help fans and listen to what the fans have to say.

I don't agree with what he says about bleeding claret and blue. At the end of the day this is his job.. whereas he may have deep feelings and really strive for success I am not so sure he shares the same feelings as us fans do.

Last but not least our Pièce de résistance Heskey, supposedly one of our highest earners and without a doubt our biggest donkey. Heskey spends more time on the ground after falling over than he does playing football for us. As a striker his job is to get goals and Heskey doesn't do it, not good enough to wear the shirt.

he scored and won a penalty tonight, also won 3/4 freekicks in very dangerous areas, had some great touches (more than bad anyway) and put in 2 great crosses in the 2nd half that IIRC one ended up as a missed chance (NRC's?) and another no one gambled on, although i'll admit he missed a sitter

i think we've got to stick with him, he's nowhere near as useless as carew was sunday and despite what the holte think the fonz doesnt look ready

im sure booing him when his name gets called out after his goal doesnt exactly help him either

Everyone bangs on about the general not having to post here,FFs how naive are some people? It's his job at the end of day.

All I have read over the last few weeks is spin and over hyped yank bollocks 'I bleed claret and blue'

As they say in the good ol U S of a ' Horse shit!'

It's actually not his job.

I'm sure ideally, he'd spend more time with his family than spending hours on a site but he does it to help the fans and the club and owners. The club are helped because they are given information and can get a feel of what the fans think and help them display actions which the fans want, and also when fans ask about certain things, General usually speaks to people at Villa for certain problems to be sorted.

It's not his job.

My second demoralising trip in five days.

Guzan 2 - I was on the Holte so didn't get a proper view but didn't he have the ball in his hands just prior to their second goal? Not good enough.

Cuellar 6 - Did nothing wrong, should have been in the centre with Collins

Collins 7 - Tried hard, no mistakes

Davies 2 - Far too nervous, and what the **** was he playing at giving away that corner?

Beye 2 - Not good enough, really really not.

Young 7 - Worked very hard and apart from a few poor free kicks had a good game. Deserves better at the moment.

Petrov 4 - Almost as bad a penalty as Carew on sunday, didn't really notice him apart from that.

Reo Coker 5 - Worked hard and played some nice link up play

Ireland 7 - He looked very impressive, too deep again though esp second half

Gabby 8 - We miss him so much, very threatening whilst he was on

Heskey 7 - Was good tonight. Gets an extra point for the comedy factor in his goal.

Don't really know what to say about the game, didn't show them enough respect and were let down by defensive errors again just like at Newcastle. I don't want to see Davies or Beye in a villa shirt for a long time. Thought Ireland was very good tonight, he has looked promising in two defeats. Ash will be on his way in the summer if we have a poor season. Really hope Gabby recovers quickly and that taking him off was just a precaution. We need a manager, quickly.

Heskey was nowhere near being our worst player tonight.

Did Ireland come back out after half time?

Beye makes me realise I could still make it as Premier League player.

And as for Davies, was that actually a shot at goal that lead to their corner? Bizarre.

Hey, it's gonna be an interesting season of feeling morally superior for staying 'til the end of games.

£40 petrol £60 on tickets £8 at Villa Chippy £10 Strensham services £10 programmes £5 parking

watching the Villa, £133, effing priceless

I actually could not believe that Rapid really won against Aston Villa today.

You have the superior players, but I just can't understand why English teams don't take the European Leauges seriously.

It's not just about money, but about respect.

Believe me, you would have the quality to win this European League. Isn't that a title worth fighting for with all you have got?

This game is about football it should not be about money. Give everything you've got in every game, in every second of your life.

Sorry about the bad english, I'm a bit drunk right now. ^^

Â