Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

I would question his ambition if he did. No way he would sign a new deal of it looked like we were going down. 

What if the contract had a clause, if Villa don't bounce back up straight away, he will be sold?

That will show ambition (still young age next year), but also loyalty and desire to fight for the team.

we need to keep him regardless, i reckon if we wanted to buy a player like him at the moment, we would be looking at around the £6m, as it happens, we got him for nowt

If we had bought him from Ligue 1... buying from another Premier League side, his value now would be £12m. however, you'd be stupid to sell him now because his value is increasing with every goal.

If we had bought him from Ligue 1... buying from another Premier League side, his value now would be £12m. however, you'd be stupid to sell him now because his value is increasing with every goal.

I can't imagine anyone would pay £12m for him at the moment..

/\ he might not be worth that but its the typical going rate at the moment, paying over the odds

Yes.

I personally would not sell him for £12m. That is what I think he'd go for at the moment as a young promising striker. 

I would need at least £20m if I was to sell. I'm adding on the £8m because I'm positive he's got all the attributes to be a great striker in the PL.

At the end of this season, if he scores a few more goals in the PL, he might actually be worth £20m.

Not a chance a club will offer that much. He could turn out to be the new Albrighton. Other clubs will not risk that kind of money. If we go down he won't sign a new deal and will have 12 months on his contract. We will flog him for £3-5m in the summer. If we stay up I could see him sign on for another 4 years.

Twitter: Weimann has reject a new contract at villa , Doesn't want to leave but wants a better contract than offered #avfc  

Phew.

For a second there I thought Weimann might have rejected a new contract, but twitter has put my mind at rest.

Either Villa have offered an insulting contract (wouldn't put it past the board) or his agent is trying to get the most possible. He will sign, don't worry.

Why do people think he will sign?

I'm telling you, he will not tie himself to the club until he knows we are not going down.

Pretty much the only reason Im tuning in at the minute.

The only kid that not many rated and hes head and shoulders above the rest. Absolute head and shoulders to an embarrasing level.

How is it This kid can get motivated. How is it this kid can look interested/play well out of position - yet so many claim its all Lamberts fault. If the rest had 10% of the heart Andi had we wouldnt be in this mess.

A true joy to watch.

Pretty much the only reason Im tuning in at the minute.

The only kid that not many rated and hes head and shoulders above the rest. Absolute head and shoulders to an embarrasing level.

How is it This kid can get motivated. How is it this kid can look interested/play well out of position - yet so many claim its all Lamberts fault. If the rest had 10% of the heart Andi had we wouldnt be in this mess.

A true joy to watch.

Totally agree, best leader we have on the pitch.  I would take him over anybody on our team and we wont offer him a decent contract.  Watch the big money clubs start to swarm.

Â