Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

I'm not sure how many more chances we can give him, he could do with being replaced and forced to fight for his place out there.

This is a cut throat game where consistent performances are everything, he's running out of chances.

At this stage I'd like to see the back of him and Insomnia put in there when fit.

I know a few people who've met Weimann on nights out and had a drink with him. I hope lifestyle choices aren't behind his poor form, Andi has a lot of promise and I'd hate to see him waste it.

Iv said this before but I cant believe Lambert allows them to go out and drink during a season, im sure Fergie wouldn't be having any of that.

Just keep him out there. He'll come good.

He has been continuously kept out there, that's the problem.

Nope the problem is we don't have anyone else to replace all these bad performing players. Who we going to replace him with Bowery?

• Like 1

Nope the problem is we don't have anyone else to replace all these bad performing players. Who we going to replace him with Bowery?

Why did we sign Tonev, Helenius and Bowery if not to provide competition in these areas?

Secondly, I don't think you realise how bad he has been if you think it would be worse playing somebody else. We literally couldn't field a player that would offer any less then he has.

Why did we sign Tonev, Helenius and Bowery if not to provide competition in these areas?

Secondly, I don't think you realise how bad he has been if you think it would be worse playing somebody else. We literally couldn't field a player that would offer any less then he has.

Of course I realise, he only touched it 5 times v Fulham. At least we know he can be good, something I doubt Bowery could be

I feel bad for Weimann, it's not entirely his fault is it?

He is a striker, he is fast and quick to finish, but he plays as a winger of some sort for a manager that is unwilling to change formations around. We know Weimann is not very technical and he doesn't possess the ability to hit great passes/crosses, so of course is he going to struggle in most games. Our attacking approach looks great when teams are letting us counter, but few do and we seldom score goals, and Weimann will always look poor when we don't get the chance.

To Play to one side or out wide you have to have the ability to get past players or "dribble" like Suarez or Sturridge.

I think Weimann and to a slightly lesser degree Gabby are better suited to a more centralised role, because their game is straight at you they are more rigid in their stature.... Last year we "accomodated"  them, but it worked and at one stage the 3 of them was effective.

The problem with playing the centralised role, ideally, you have the be prolific to stay there and they are not, so its what comes first the chicken or the egg..... you can end up being neither one thing or the other.

To some degree all three want service, so their is no provider and thats what we are missing.

Edited by TRO

I know a few people who've met Weimann on nights out and had a drink with him. I hope lifestyle choices aren't behind his poor form, Andi has a lot of promise and I'd hate to see him waste it.

Iv said this before but I cant believe Lambert allows them to go out and drink during a season, im sure Fergie wouldn't be having any of that.

I honestly don't see why not? If they want to have some fun, let them. As long as they don't go drinking before match days, I don't see the harm. 

Most prem clubs have a rule that you can't drink 48 hours before the game otherwise you'll be fined/dropped from the club.

I don't see the issue with a player going out the Saturday after the game to let their hair down just in the same way people do on a Friday night after a hard week's work.

I assume this is when Weimann is being spotted.

I honestly don't see why not? If they want to have some fun, let them. As long as they don't go drinking before match days, I don't see the harm. 

The odd drink maybe but going out and getting hammered between games I fail to see how that can be acceptable and it could easily damage performances. Iv had been out drinking and felt bad for a couple of days after!

If a games on a Saturday then normally players will come down for a warm down on the Monday (so sat night or sunday is free for recreational activity), more training on Tuesday, day off on weds and then more intense training/tactics on thurs and Friday to prepare for the next weekend game.

That's how most clubs operate and I assume we do.

As I've said I don't have an issue with players letting their hair down immediately after they've just played at the weekend (unless they get arrested like James Tomkins did!) but yeah spending the whole of a Wednesday in a pub probably isn't the best preparation during a week of training. Not saying that's how Weimann spends his Wednesdays of course!

Â