Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

I was watching him quite closely on Saturday and at times he was involved in some really nice link up play but then he'd do a couple of things that a pub player would be embarrassed about like misplacing a five yard pass or miss controlling a five yard pass.

The name Brett Holman popped into my head and the more I think about it the more similarities I'm seeing.

Now I am still hopeful Andi can recapture what he had last year and be much the better player. But this lack of confidence Jekyll and Hyde Andi we're seeing this year doesn't half remind me of Mr work horse/football genius/football novice that was Brett Holman

• Like 1

I was watching him quite closely on Saturday and at times he was involved in some really nice link up play but then he'd do a couple of things that a pub player would be embarrassed about like misplacing a five yard pass or miss controlling a five yard pass.

The name Brett Holman popped into my head and the more I think about it the more similarities I'm seeing.

Now I am still hopeful Andi can recapture what he had last year and be much the better player. But this lack of confidence Jekyll and Hyde Andi we're seeing this year doesn't half remind me of Mr work horse/football genius/football novice that was Brett Holman

I think you will think what you have tried to make an Andi Weimann post sums up the majority of our actual team.

I think you will find what you have tried to make an Andi Weimann post sums up the majority of our actual team.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Weimann tends to play the game at 100mph and doesn't think enough on the ball. Gabby used to be like this when he first broke through but he has improved on the ball in the last few years.

It's great when it comes off but awful to watch when it doesn't.

I also don't like how his composure infront of goal has deserted him this season, he used to be a decent finisher who tended to get his shots on target, now they fly into the Holte end.

I think I've said this before: it's not a coincidence that Andi and Benteke are off form at the same time. They did benefit from each other last year, obviously Andi much more from Benteke than the other way around. I believe if one of them breaks out of their funk, the other one will probably too. I'm inclined to give Andi good game time and starts, especially since our other options are not so great either.

• Like 1

He's gone from being energetic and sharp to lethargic and utterly inept in the space of giving this guy a new contract.

At this point I think it's getting terminal, he needs to be replaced from the starting 11 indefinitely and if that doesn't give him a kick up the arse he simply needs to go.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

He's gone from being energetic and sharp to lethargic and utterly inept in the space of giving this guy a new contract.

At this point I think it's getting terminal, he needs to be replaced from the starting 11 indefinitely and if that doesn't give him a kick up the arse he simply needs to go.

He was playing for a new contract

He got the fat wages he wanted and now he looks like he cannot be arsed

Not the type of player we need at this club we cannot afford the luxury of having these types of players

its not like we can just bench him because we do not have the quality there to replace him

Edited by AshVilla

He was playing for a new contract

He got the fat wages he wanted and now he looks like he cannot be arsed

Not the type of player we need at this club we cannot afford the luxury of having these types of players

Young players need to be given a low basic wage with very generous performance related pay.

I wouldn't even say he's a luxury, he's just shit, his cardboard cut out would be just as effective right now.

Running around clueless is not working hard, he was utterly shite on the ball and seldom commanded it, useless performance.

Pay me his salary and I would run around like a clueless clearing in the woods for 90 minutes a week.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Whilst he hasn't been as good as last season, part of the reason is down to being played out of position. This year Lambert has had him play out on the right and in the hole behind the striker, when he should be on the defender's shoulder in a 2 man forward line. 

Â