Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

I don't think anybody hates Weimann, in fact if anything I think the majority of us love him. 

The problem is that the guy is extremely out of form and although he seems to be putting in as much effort as usual, his lack of technical ability as of late is worrying. 

Just saw his opening chance and also the apparent foul on MOTD. He never looked like he'd take his chance properly and he was pretty much looking for the foul from Morrison rather than trying to score. For me, that second point is a worry and we really, really need to give somebody else a chance now.

I didn't want him to get injured but if that is what it takes for somebody else to get an opportunity then so be it.

It frustrates me that when we demand more from a player, this is translated into us hating him. It's like we are just supposed to accept a player being rubbish. I love Andi but he has been awful at times this season and average for the rest, this is not me hating him, this is me wanting him to perform at his best!

• Like 1

I don't think anybody hates Weimann, in fact if anything I think the majority of us love him. 

The problem is that the guy is extremely out of form and although he seems to be putting in as much effort as usual, his lack of technical ability as of late is worrying. 

Just saw his opening chance and also the apparent foul on MOTD. He never looked like he'd take his chance properly and he was pretty much looking for the foul from Morrison rather than trying to score. For me, that second point is a worry and we really, really need to give somebody else a chance now.

I didn't want him to get injured but if that is what it takes for somebody else to get an opportunity then so be it.

It frustrates me that when we demand more from a player, this is translated into us hating him. It's like we are just supposed to accept a player being rubbish. I love Andi but he has been awful at times this season and average for the rest, this is not me hating him, this is me wanting him to perform at his best!

Yes there's objective criticism like your and there's comments like "Weak streak of piss" and people latching onto every mistake he does which gets me. He's a young player thats come through our academy and we should back him. 

I really like Andi, but I was certainly one of the people thinking a spell on the bench might be helpful to him.

Not so sure after yesterday. He is not taking his chances at the moment, but I thought we lost much of our attacking capability after he was withdrawn.

Now that he is injured, I doubt if we have anyone to adequately take his place, even though his form has been poor.

I really like Andi, but I was certainly one of the people thinking a spell on the bench might be helpful to him.

Not so sure after yesterday. He is not taking his chances at the moment, but I thought we lost much of our attacking capability after he was withdrawn.

Now that he is injured, I doubt if we have anyone to adequately take his place, even though his form has been poor.

Our best chance came pretty much as soon as he came off the pitch. I think people are mistaking running around a lot for being an actual attacking threat, the threat would have been there had he gone through and actually tried to take his first chance.

I really hope we see the best of him again after he is back from injury. I think being out for a few weeks will help him as it seems he's become comfortable with his position in the team, I can't imagine many other teams in our league would have him as a permanent fixture in their starting 11 at the minute.

I know what you are saying, but I think those chances were more down to Benteke.

I think you are doing him a disservice when you say ``running around a lot'', he is still making good runs and getting into good positions even though the final product is not there.

I think our attack lost that energy when he went off, and I suspect the opposition defence were happy to see him replaced - I think it must have made their job a lot easier.

He's just not a very good player. Like Holman, he doesn't offer much other than workrate. We cannot keep playing him in the hope that he eventually turns it on. He needs to sort himself out and when or if he returns to form then he gets back into the team.

Lambert like MON, seems to have favourites who play regardless.

• Like 1

He's just not a very good player. Like Holman, he doesn't offer much other than workrate. We cannot keep playing him in the hope that he eventually turns it on. He needs to sort himself out and when or if he returns to form then he gets back into the team.

Lambert like MON, seems to have favourites who play regardless.

I think he IS a very good player, one of the best we have.  He's just out of form, out of position and playing in front of a truly dire midfield.  Stick him up front in 4-4-2 in a decent team and he'd look immense.  

To be fair he played up front saturday

And has to work hard for chances, unlike more creative teams he doesn't get much of a break and has to rely on scraps and knock-downs.

I sometimes think he's doing so much running when he gets in a position to score hes too knackered to compose himself. Maybe he needs to manage his energy a bit

• Like 1

To be fair he played up front saturday

And has to work hard for chances, unlike more creative teams he doesn't get much of a break and has to rely on scraps and knock-downs.

I sometimes think he's doing so much running when he gets in a position to score hes too knackered to compose himself. Maybe he needs to manage his energy a bit

Maybe you're onto something here. Especially if he's playing up front, he should preserve his energy for sprints. If he runs too much he won't be able to outsprint defenders. I don't know if this is the case, but he did lose some sprints, especially on that semi-breakaway.

This would mean he works too hard if he's playing up front. But if he plays a bit deeper on the midfield he has to run a lot to help the full back, so it's a different situation then.

his strength is his speed and timing of runs

i don't think work rate and tracking back is necessarily his main strength although at times he does it well

of late he has not looked as fast or made the same runs, when he has you can tell he has lost the belief he will beat the defender and score.

i still think he is quality but it is weird that so far all the players rewarded with new contracts have been utter gash so far this season.

Â